Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity not showing in my city, anybody else having this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity not showing in my city, anybody else having this problem?

I recently look in my paper to see which theater (my city has 3 of them, (2 owned by the same guy (which airs the current movies), and the other airs only one movie, a month or two after it hit the theaters)) Serenity was playing, and you know what I noticed, Serenity is playing any where in my city!! I looked on the internet, nothing. The nearest theater showing it is like a county away from where I live, I'm not going to travel like an hour to see it (which I really want to), I want to see it in my city.

Anybody else having this problem?
    sigpic

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    I recently look in my paper to see which theater (my city has 3 of them, (2 owned by the same guy (which airs the current movies), and the other airs only one movie, a month or two after it hit the theaters)) Serenity was playing, and you know what I noticed, Serenity is playing any where in my city!! I looked on the internet, nothing. The nearest theater showing it is like a county away from where I live, I'm not going to travel like an hour to see it (which I really want to), I want to see it in my city.

I had to travel 500km (round trip) to see it but WOW it was more than worth it. My local Cinema isn't showing it until later in the month while about 4 other Cinemas are showing it in my state. I live in Australia and other than my local Cinema it seems to have broad coverage here.

Comment

I had to drive 30 min. to see it. But then, my town doesn't have a movie theater, so I have to drive a bit to see ANY movies.

It IS worth the drive though.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        I had to travel 500km (round trip)
        And what is that in Miles?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          I had to drive 30 min. to see it. But then, my town doesn't have a movie theater, so I have to drive a bit to see ANY movies. It IS worth the drive though.
          Hell yeah!

Comment

Does it matter? It took about 5 hours on the road.

Comment

Does it matter? It took about 5 hours on the road.
              damn!!!
              sigpic

Comment

500 kilometers = 310.685596 miles
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

I'm currently staying with my Mom for a while and she lives in a small town. We had to drive about 45 min to a theatre that was showing it. The town she lives in has one theatre with 2 screens and they're not going to be screening Serenity. If I was in Vancouver I would have just had to walk a couple blocks. Ah well. My Mom was the person I wanted to see the movie with.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    Hehe, I am no good with conversions. Wow that is a lot! I must be mad.

Comment

Hehe, I am no good with conversions. Wow that is a lot! I must be mad.
                      Not mad... just dedicated...

I feel a bit spoilt after reading what you people have to do to get to the movie.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        Yeah that is a lot of miles!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I had to travel 500km (round trip)
                          Wow, you must be very far out there to not even have a decient cinema with in 250km of your house.

Comment

I think Serenity is playing select cities and locations, then it starts playing everywhere. I could mistaken however. When i looked in the papers over the weekend, Serenity was playing at all 10 local area theaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbito
                              Wow, you must be very far out there to not even have a decient cinema with in 250km of your house.
                              Well the problem arose when my local Cinema decided not to get a Print of the film. They said they will (may) get one later in the month but I couldn't wait!

Comment

Working...
                              X