PDA

View Full Version : Replicators vs Borg

Pages : [1] 2

ancient-archangemon
July 8th, 2004, 09:39 PM
I had this idea for a while if the replicators were to come up againts the borg who would be the victor ?

are they equally matched ?

one asimilates the other replicates who is betta ?

any thoughts ? :cool:

Torley
July 8th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Easy -- in previous years it might have been hard to decide, but I'm all for the Replicators at this point. The Borg have been weakened significantly over the years. Whether you want to credit human ingenuity (with a little help from Species 8472) or blame it on the writers, I leave that to you, but here's a few reasons why I go with Replicators as of current standing:

-Replicators have never been overwhelmingly defeated in a battle -- with the Russian sub being a rare incident involving a "few" Reps -- ONLY made a stalemate with or evaded. Whereas, look what happened to the Borg by the end of Voyager (I'm sure the books have carried on since then, but let's only count actual on-screen evidence for the purpose of this discussion).

-Replicators seem to be more technologically advanced. They've already shown themselves to be faster than the Borg in packs, and far more "vicious" if threatened. I feel they are more relentless than the Borg because they do not need to assimilate new lifeforms -- simply various metals around the galaxy, and take over ships! This is an asset of theirs, as the Borg are *still* limited by their organic deficiencies. The Borg used to be terrifying to me but they move wayyy too slowly in a firefight and have been outsmarted time and time again.

-whereas... it's proven harder to outsmart the Reps. Each time, they relentlessly come back, and whatever plan worked the previous time will likely not work this time around under SUCH different circumstances. Season 8 of Stargate SG-1 looks like it will only unfold this hypothesis of mine, bigtime!

-the Borg have not been able to win their battle against another "major baddie", Species 8472... whereas we know that Replicators were directly responsible in Apophis' downfall! And Apophis was the major villain and antagonist of SG-1 over the course of five, long years -- compare that to Species 8472, who Voyager encountered in their voyages across the Delta Quadrant but befriended/made an uneasy peace with pretty quickly after that.

-I believe the Replicators are far more adaptable than the Borg. They've already encompassed human forms and taken over ships, and who knows what lies ahead? The Borg have no ability to camoflauge or disguise themselves covertly. They are large and clumsy, while the Replicators can take the smaller "bug" forms if necessary and steathily attack!

-The Federation has successfully been able to capture Borg tech and use it to their benefit. And what does SG-1 have to show for their years of helping the Asgard vs. the Replicators? Especially considering their standing order to acquire new technology...

-The Asgard are at a futuristic level of technology comparable in some ways to 24th-century Trek (for example, transporters) and likely ahead in others. And look and how effectively they've dealt with the Replicators. Not very.

And soforth :D

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Yeah. The Replicators would easily take the Borg. By the end of Voyager the Borg were a shadow of their former self. Doesn't the object a Borg is assimilating have to have some organic matter? Because the assimilators occurs in the blood stream, so since the Replicator's don't have that, I imagine they would be immune to a key ground weapon.

Mio
July 8th, 2004, 10:00 PM
VERY Minor spoiler for New Order:

by the looks of one of the screenshots, it looks line the replicators have BECOME ships, as well.

Torley
July 8th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Yeah... Borg might try to assimilate the humanform Replicators but only find OTHER, HOSTILE nanobots (nanites)... and it'd be a war on a microscopic scale. Soon enough, all the bugs would come crawling out of the woodwork and leap all over the Borg drone, tearing it apart with the acid spray to melt all the flesh -- and rapidly consuming all the metal used for its VITAL implants, including the cortical node. Its connection to the Collective would be severed and it'd soon be dead, in every sense of the word. Replicators 1, Borg 0.

First would be watching the show, *sigh*, and look at a bowl of Planters Peanuts and wish he could try some for "sustainence". As a consolation prize, he'd turn to the Borg clumsily trying to assimilate him from behind, and stick his fingers into his brain and torture the drone for hours of endless, sadistic fun... the shockwave would spread through the Collective's neural net as the Replicators learned everything the Borg ever knew, and they'd be royally MESSED WITH! :P

Oh yeah, I couldn't resist, I had to add one more thing:

in a matter of weeks, if not days, the Replicators will have located the Borg Queen and captured her (she eluded capture by trying to modify the Collective network to block access to the Rep intrusion, but... her resistance was futile). Have you ever heard a Borg scream before, or ever felt sorry for a Borg? NOW YOU HAVE. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Torley
July 8th, 2004, 10:07 PM
VERY Minor spoiler for New Order:

by the looks of one of the screenshots, it looks line the replicators have BECOME ships, as well.

Ohhh boy, are the Tau'ri and the Goa'uld in trouble! I suspect they'll pound their collective noggins together (after Yu takes some memory pillz) and come up with a workable, low-tech solution to keep the Replicators at bay this time around... another way to use their technology against them.

You know what would be scary? A Ha'tak-class vessel approaching, and it turning out to be ALL REPLICATORS!!!

DownFallAngel
July 9th, 2004, 03:10 PM
I would say replicators for the fact that azll they do is make more of themselves, are hard to kill, can take a human form, and are not dependant on human flesh to sustain life.

I would give the borg the tech points though.

Imagine borg tech, with replicator humanoids. Major enemy.

Blue_Revan
July 9th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Borg for sure!! they are as evil as the goauld and they cant be killed unless you use an insainly powerful gun. Borg could kick the replicators asses.

DownFallAngel
July 9th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Ummmm they need flesh to survive. Thats a big draw back.

Blue_Revan
July 9th, 2004, 04:26 PM
they dont need it to survive they need it to reproduce, just like the replicators need metals. The borg dont feed on humans.

AgentX
July 9th, 2004, 04:31 PM
the Borg aren't entriely cybernetic. They have biological components. If First Contact taught us anything it's the Borg need their organic components to survive.

Torley
July 9th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Yeah, like I said... hungry Reps with acid spray would make short work of that --they'd dissolve all the flesh while consuming the metal to add to their own ranks.

override367
July 9th, 2004, 08:41 PM
How large are replicator blocks? Would borg assimilation nanites be able to take them over?

Let's assume they couldn't, then the borg would be screwed by any replicator boardings.

It would then come down to "Could the replicators defeat the Borg in a space battle?", Borg shields may well be able to withstand whatever the replicators throw at them once they've adapted to it.

I think a better fight would be Federation vs Replicators, although the Feds would win because they'd come up with some crazy solution that has a .1% chance of success but magically everything goes perfectly :)

AgentX
July 9th, 2004, 08:48 PM
How large are replicator blocks? Would borg assimilation nanites be able to take them over?

The size of the replicator blocks doesn't matter. Borg assimilation works inside the bloodstream at a cellular level, taking over the red bloodcells first (if I can remember Scorpion). Since the replicators are fully mechanical and have no biological components assimilation wouldn't work.

Regarding ship battles, I imagine the Borg would try and assimilate them and fail. Perhaps taking them on their ship like the Asgard did. When this happens, it's game over for the Borg, the Replicators would take over the Cube and lose.

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Replicators would win.

A) The replicators have nano technology that is better than the Borg's.

B) A replicator block cannot be assimilated. I'm willing to bet that a Keron Pathway is smaller than a nanoprobe.

C) Replicators are impervious to nearly any energy based weapon.....including shields. They could kill borg drones. Even if the borg could 'adapt', the replicators could pass through their personal little adapting shieldy things and kill them the old fashioned way

D) Imagine what would happen if a single Human replicator stuck his hand into a borg's head? He'd probably instantly control the collective as if they were replicators.

SpACatta
July 9th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I had this idea for a while if the replicators were to come up againts the borg who would be the victor ?

are they equally matched ?

one asimilates the other replicates who is betta ?

any thoughts ? :cool:

Who's better? Whichever one doesn't say "betta" and sound like a complete smacktard.

ancient-archangemon
July 9th, 2004, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=Mio]Replicators would win.

A) The replicators have nano technology that is better than the Borg's.

dont the borg have nano tech in there blood system ?

you know i saw the voyager episodes and yeap the borg really went down hill on that series such a shame they were so cool :cool:

override367
July 10th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Borg nano bots are not for only biological usage, they are small enough to travel along computer pathways and take over computer systems, and can assimilate technology on their own and adapt

Don't believe me? The episode where the doctor's mobile emitter came in contact with nanoprobes resulted in a borg version of superman

As for energy weapon immunity, this is clearly not true as the Asgard fleet's fire destroyed a large amount of replicators and ripped their ship to pieces in tonight's episode

Borg shields are adaptive, to the point of being able to defeat just about anything, and technologically they are superior enough where they could devise a way to defeat the replicators.

The problem is that the Borg attempt to assimilate at all costs, and do not acquire knowledge on their own, so they definitely would have the CAPABILITY to defeat the replicators, but their single mindedness and lack of creativity in using their technology would be their downfall (example: 8472 kicking borg ass, doctor comes up with weapon to defeat them in just a short time researching borg nanoprobes)

So if the borg had say... Carter on their side, the replicators wouldn't stand a chance :D

Torley
July 10th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Really, I don't think the Federation would do too well against the Replicators, unless they used an approach similar to SG-1's of eschewing technology and going for some "dumb ideas". If they started spewing out technobabble, then they'd be doomed for sure! :)

override367
July 10th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Fry put it best "well usually someone comes up with a really complicated solution and explains it with a simple analogy, then it works"

Geordi: Sir, if we could reroute plasma induction to the EPS manifold at a rate higher than normal, and use the subspace field coils to invert our warpfield we could create a zone of false gravity that, when hit by a modified tachyon beam from our deflector, would cause a subspace tear. We then dump emegency power into our phasers and modify them with an anti-neutrino beam which will allow us to move the subspace tear to the replicator vessel, causing it to undergo extreme amounts of tidal forces and blow the molecules in every direction!

Picard: Like throwing a dart at a balloon!

Geordi: Exactly!

Of course before the Federation would win they would loose every ship in a path towards Earth and at the last second pull something out of their ass (data would eat a replicator or something and gain control of them and send the command to sleep and for some reason they would all explode)

Torley
July 10th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Hahaha... so true.

roadshow
July 10th, 2004, 01:26 AM
"Curious ... this replicator seems to taste like chicken"

*grins*

Ocelot
July 10th, 2004, 07:48 AM
I would definietly say the Replicators, sure, the Borg have those shields and nanites, but the shields only block energy weapons fire, and the nanites must take over the blood to work. I can't remember the last time the replicators had blood..........

aligater
July 10th, 2004, 08:16 AM
[Walks shyly into thread] Hi!

I'm going with the Replicators. Say they got on a Borg ship, which wouldn't be too hard, seeing as they don't need to breath in space, and I'll bet they can make it through the Borg shields. Now, if they were on the ship, they could easily eat through everything. I'd be quite funny, actually, to see all this big clumsy drones walking around, getting eaten by Replicators. (Now THERE'S a fanfic idea...) Anywho, the Borg'd be totally helpless. So I'm gonna go with the Spider peoples.

N.B. My evedence for this theory is based on the time my hamster ate my through computer wires.

imj0un1r
July 13th, 2004, 05:14 PM
replicators would try to eat the borg because the borg have a lot of metal
it would make the replicators more powerful

StrGtGk
July 13th, 2004, 05:16 PM
replicators would try to eat the borg because the borg have a lot of metal
it would make the replicators more powerful
also the borgs knowledge would be absorbed into the replicators

Torley
July 13th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Yes yes yes... at the risk of running redundantly, please read what has been said earlier in the post too.

Thank you gently :)

Yeah, like I said... hungry Reps with acid spray would make short work of that --they'd dissolve all the flesh while consuming the metal to add to their own ranks.

Kingomon
January 23rd, 2006, 08:54 AM
Sunday I watched Star Trek Enterprise on scifi and to me the replicators are much beter,faster,and Smarter. Now we know both are robots well borg are cyborg which makes them nothing to a replicators. You can walk away from a borg and right in front of them. The replicators have done the same before but come on you have to run from the replicators when they come you have to run sure you have a chance to shoot back but you have thousands of them coming after you and the borg send a few.

In my opinion the Replicators are beter then the borg but which one is beter to you?

Commander Ivanova
January 23rd, 2006, 09:03 AM
In my opinion the Replicators are beter then the borg but which one is beter to you?

Depends if you want a quick death as Replicator victim or a lifetime in zombie limbo as a Borg assimilatee. Hmm, have to think about that one....

theStormWeaver
January 23rd, 2006, 09:17 AM
The Reps are a nearly unstoppable threat. Without Anceint level tech its impossible to defeat them. There just to many, and they replicate far to quickly. Borgs use humans to "propogate" their "species," while reps can use ANYTHING to replicate. Replicators are a superior creation to not only Borgs, but most anything mechanical, and in some aspects, everything.

Jenova Synthesis
January 23rd, 2006, 09:20 AM
Depends if you want a quick death as Replicator victim or a lifetime in zombie limbo as a Borg assimilatee. Hmm, have to think about that one....

:P

For me the Borg are best cuz they got the better look and best leader: the queen! If I was a Borg I'd like to be on ship with the one and only queen, Alice Kridge. She had a great sense of humor. :D
Plus, they had 7of9. :D

Kingomon
January 23rd, 2006, 09:30 AM
True Slavement but think of how painful a group of those riping you to shreds would be I had a dream were I killed Rep Carter and a Swarm of them jumped on me an driped me to shreds before I woke up I heard the Evil Carter Laugghs before my Death.:sam49::replicatoranime01::jack_new_anime05:

HirogenGater
January 23rd, 2006, 09:49 AM
It would be interesting to see a battle between the two. The Borg and replicators have the ability to adapt to each other. I don't know who would win in a fight.

AscendedWarrior
January 23rd, 2006, 09:58 AM
True Slavement but think of how painful a group of those riping you to shreds would be I had a dream were I killed Rep Carter and a Swarm of them jumped on me an driped me to shreds before I woke up I heard the Evil Carter Laugghs before my Death.:sam49::replicatoranime01::jack_new_anime05:

You watch to much stargate :D:D

Replicators would win, there is just so many of them and they replicate fast

walterIsTheMan
January 23rd, 2006, 10:01 AM
The Replicators would own the Borg hands down.:replicatoranime01:

Major Clanger
January 23rd, 2006, 10:38 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1837)
:D

AscendedWarrior
January 23rd, 2006, 12:36 PM
Check This (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=borg&word2=replicator)

BlackBaron
January 23rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
hmm... Well assimilation is the borg way to gain knowledge, if they can't do that, they have a problem. But there many years of battles against so many races and gaining there knowledge and technology might be usefull. They could win but if the replicators take some of there ships the replicators get that knowledge too. So it could go both ways.

Major Clanger
January 24th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Check This (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=borg&word2=replicator)

OMG, I'd forgotten how fab that is!

TameFarrar
January 24th, 2006, 10:32 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1837)
resistence was furtile ;).... it was assimulated:D
39. clever - add that to the list :)

FallenAngelII
January 24th, 2006, 10:47 AM
I'd rather die instanteneously.

Major Clanger
January 24th, 2006, 10:57 AM

oh and rofl, tha's very funny!

rarocks24
January 24th, 2006, 02:27 PM
The size of the replicator blocks doesn't matter. Borg assimilation works inside the bloodstream at a cellular level, taking over the red bloodcells first (if I can remember Scorpion). Since the replicators are fully mechanical and have no biological components assimilation wouldn't work.

Regarding ship battles, I imagine the Borg would try and assimilate them and fail. Perhaps taking them on their ship like the Asgard did. When this happens, it's game over for the Borg, the Replicators would take over the Cube and lose.
Where the hell were you during the ST: Voyager episode "One"? The doctor's mobile emitter got borgified.

sparkie
January 24th, 2006, 02:37 PM
The borg, as soon as they were able to get their hands on a piece of replicator tech they could assimilate it and replicate themselves. But im too tired to start weighing up advantages right now...

TsukuYomi
February 15th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I'm starting this as kind of an opinion thread. Which species is a bigger pain the replicators or the borg. Both are fairly resistant to weapons, are intent on absorbing all other life in the universe, and both never seem to die.

PG15
February 15th, 2006, 12:01 PM
There's actually a lot of similarities, more than just the ones you mentioned:

They are both hurt by projectile weapons
They can both have a central "queen"
They can both survive in space

Uh...ok, there's more I'm sure.

As for who's a bigger pain...well, the Replicator can't make people into replicators, but the Borg can make people into Borg. So I'll go with Borg...for now.

Space Monkey52
February 15th, 2006, 12:03 PM
But the Borg need people to increase their numbers. The Replicators only need some form of metal to, well, replicate. Their numbers would grow much faster than those of the Borg. I'd have to go with the Replicators on this one.

PG15
February 15th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Eh...I was kinda wavering anyway.

I'm on the fence with this one.

Space Monkey52
February 15th, 2006, 12:10 PM
There is no possible way that the Borg can win.

That is, unless the do what they did in "First Contact" and travel back in time. If they can off Reese or her creator, they effectivly erradicate the Replicators by making sure they were never created in the first place.

da_hippie
February 15th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Borg

Resistence is futile, soon all will be assimilated.

andrelage
February 15th, 2006, 12:30 PM
i would say replicaters as they can increase their numbers far quicker overwhelming the borg when they fight each other

TsukuYomi
February 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I was actually looking for an opinion on who is the bigger annoyance to their opponents ie sg1 or the enterprise. good posts though

Bragi
February 15th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Replicators > Borg.

shaqarava
February 15th, 2006, 01:25 PM
What is it with these vs threads? Why the hosillity, can't we all just leave in peace :confused:

sci_fi_child
February 15th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Replicators would win in a fight. They would eat the Borg's little square boxes:)

But the Borg are a bigger pain....I don't think the replicators would attempt to assimilate you.

RobJones
February 15th, 2006, 02:15 PM
whats worse:

A borg,
A Replicator,
Or a Repliborg

:P

In terms of strength, i go with the replicators, although the borg are in there own right very powerful
In terms of anoyance, hmmm, im 50-50

Replicators - They make that damn clunkerty - clunk - clunk - screech - clunk noise when they come running, their made out of lego, we cant kill them, theres loads of them, they are greedy and eat everything

The Borg - there a bit full of themselves - "We are the Borg, You WILL be assimilated" Who put you in charge boldy! and plus i never did like the colour green

AGateFan
February 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
They would absorb each other and become a new race RepliBorg.

Borg were worse because instead of just killing you they Zombified you.

EDIT: The last couple days I have been just a second behind other peoples brain waves.....

RobJones
February 15th, 2006, 02:20 PM
EDIT: The last couple days I have been just a second behind other peoples brain waves.....

and it was literaly like 2 mins ago too :P

Daniel's_twin
February 15th, 2006, 02:26 PM
What is it with these vs threads? Why the hosillity, can't we all just leave in peace :confused:

Peace? There is no peace in this universe. :samanime27:

Seriously, I'd have to say the Borg are more formiddable. Yes, as far as numbers, the Replicators can easily outmatch the Borg. But the Borg I think would only need one Replicator to get assimilated, and bam! The Borg know everything about them. Plus, the Borg also seem more original in the sense they come up with different ways to assimilate (i.e. First Contact).

As far as who's more of the annoyance, I'd say the Replicators are more of an annoyance to SG-1 then the Borg is to the Federation, if only for one reason. The Replicators seemed to love to come after SG-1 and the Asgard on a regular basis. The Borg only appeared sparadically on TNG, never on DS9, and was only a threat to Voyager because Voyager was in their home quadrant. :cool:

TsukuYomi
February 15th, 2006, 04:08 PM
It was a bad title I was looking more for a who's a bigger pain in the butt opinion not so much a battle

Cherriey
February 15th, 2006, 04:13 PM
If we were meant to live in peace God wouldn't have invented the P90. *evil snicker*

Seriously though what would the Borg do when everyone was assimilated? I mean if their whole existence is for the purpose of absorbing everyone into their collective what will they do when there's no one left to absorb? Sit around coming up with zen chants all day?

rarocks24
February 15th, 2006, 04:47 PM
ah, but according to the evolutionists, the universe is rapidly expanding (therefore creating infinite possibilities about races.) Once the Milky Way was assimilated, they'd sit there, ponder what to do, then enhance their fleets than take over the rest of the local group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Local_Group_of_Galaxies).

I for one welcome our new overlords with humility and acceptance. We are Borg, Resistance is Futile.

Cherriey
February 15th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Somehow that kind of lifestyle holds no joy for me to contemplate.

rarocks24
February 15th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Somehow that kind of lifestyle holds no joy for me to contemplate.
See that's the thing, you don't need to contemplate things such as joy. Unless your a Unimatrix Zero drone (in which case you totally rock). No worries, no emotion, just walking around bringing peace and unity where there was confusion. Stability where there was bloodshed, etc, etc, etc.

Gate Master
February 15th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Im with the majority here as replicators would win hands down as they are more advanced and can multiply quicker and its doubtful they could even be assimilated in the sence of handing all their secrets over to the borg. Just look at what happened when they decided to try and assimilate Data.

As for the bigger bug barer Id say replicators again since they wanted the whole universe at least the borg are content with their bit for now let alone other galaxies. Also even tho the replicators have been in less eps they have been more of a pain to Humans by weakening the Asgard so much. Had it not been for them the Goauld would have gone down years ago, and the Asgard would be in more of a position to help out now.

Cherriey
February 15th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I normally don't really have worries anyways. *looks at you askance* If you try to assimilate me I'll smack you so hard you'll be knocked out of the collective! *assumes defensive posture*

rarocks24
February 15th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Adaption (probably could blast those bugs off with its shields), nanobots/cytes whatever they are would break into the Reps controls and reprogram it...more than likely, the Borg Queen would take control. Though this leads to an interesting question, maybe the Borg Queen IS Reese.

Anyways, this thread needed to be revived, though I suspect it'll get merged with the other Borg Replicator story...but hey.

Cherriey
February 15th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Just a question... are there only two of these threads or is this outbreak even bigger than I at first thought?

PG15
February 15th, 2006, 07:14 PM

I'd rather stay in peace thank you very much! :P:P

Cherriey
February 15th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I'd rather stay in peace thank you very much! :P:P
lol Way to catch it! =0)

XxDark-LordxX
February 15th, 2006, 08:18 PM
great idea tough... the vs. threads just go on forever and dont end.. why? because everyones biased and they want theyr faverouts to win... everyones biased

mckaychick
February 15th, 2006, 08:22 PM
the borg would win very quickly

Cherriey
February 15th, 2006, 08:25 PM
great idea tough... the vs. threads just go on forever and dont end.. why? because everyones biased and they want theyr faverouts to win... everyones biased
Heck yeah! In this borg vs. replicator battle only one can win... and it will be Baal!

JackGyver
February 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM
I think we can pretty much all agree that the Replicators would annihilate the Borg. But I'd say that the Borg are the bigger nuisance. At least you can always kill a Replicator with a good old fashioned bullet or grenade. The Borg can adapt their shields to make your weapons useless. Also, I'd rather be poked to death than turned into a lifeless, mechanical zombie.

Kingomon
February 16th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Borg(I'll use what I've Head or seen)-
Strongeths-Creates super weapons, Uses humans to replicate, and Stronger then humans
Weakness- Slow moving, needs humans to replicate, Can have feelings ,and can be shot with a laser

Replicators-
Strongeths- Can't be destroyed (Only by ancients), Needs only metal to replicate into tons of replicators, Can create ships, convert ships, can look human, has no feelings (Except for Kiff), has only one purpose to replicate, was defeating the smartest living race (on our plain), they are a threat to all, they had billions of them before being wiped out,can use tec to advantage, they were a toy gone wrong, and can cause Pain while reading a living persons Mind.

Weakness- can be slowed down by Bullets, Destroyed, and finally Kiff Says it all.

Well I'm with the Replicators.
And lets not through Time, Alternate, and Time Dilation into this okay
The Replicators had billions and billions of them, lasers can't hurt them, they used a Time Dilation Device to make them selfs evolve, and could outsmart one of the smartest races in the Galaxy.
Go Replicators and Rep Carter!!!!:
:samanime15::replicatoranime01:

TsukuYomi
February 16th, 2006, 08:45 AM
THe posts on these threads are always interesting

Kingomon
February 16th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I'll post what I did at the Other one:
Borg(I'll use what I've Heard or seen)-
Strongeths-Creates super weapons, Uses humans to replicate, and Stronger then humans
Weakness- Slow moving, needs humans to replicate, Can have feelings ,and can be shot with a laser

Replicators-
Strongeths- Can't be destroyed (Only by ancients), Needs only metal to replicate into tons of replicators, Can create ships, convert ships, can look human, has no feelings (Except for Kiff), has only one purpose to replicate, was defeating the smartest living race (on our plain), they are a threat to all, they had billions of them before being wiped out,can use tec to advantage, they were a toy gone wrong, and can cause Pain while reading a living persons Mind.

Weakness- can be slowed down by Bullets, Destroyed, and finally Kiff Says it all.

Well I'm with the Replicators.
And lets not through Time, Alternate, and Time Dilation into this okay
The Replicators had billions and billions of them, lasers can't hurt them, they used a Time Dilation Device to make them selfs evolve, and could outsmart one of the smartest races in the Galaxy.
Go Replicators and Rep Carter!!!!:
:samanime15::replicatoranime01:

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 16th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Im with the majority here as replicators would win hands down as they are more advanced and can multiply quicker and its doubtful they could even be assimilated in the sence of handing all their secrets over to the borg. Just look at what happened when they decided to try and assimilate Data.
I don't think they could be assimilated either.

As for the bigger bug barer Id say replicators again since they wanted the whole universe at least the borg are content with their bit for now let alone other galaxies. Also even tho the replicators have been in less eps they have been more of a pain to Humans by weakening the Asgard so much. Had it not been for them the Goauld would have gone down years ago, and the Asgard would be in more of a position to help out now.

Actually, the borg have been active in other galaxies and other dimensions, such as Fludiic Space, and Galactic Cluster 3 (a transmaterial energy plane).

Cherriey
February 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM
If the borg can adapt to weapons... what about the replicators? Spraying acid could be said to be a weapon of sorts. If they adapt after a few of their own are harvested to make more replicators (ponders what a borg material replicator would look like) what will they do? Sit around in a stale mate? Perhaps the replicators will eat the ship out from under the borg until they finally got control of it and quite possibly the collective itself. *shivers* What couldn't the replicators do with the borg in their control?

Daniel's_twin
February 16th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I still say the scenario would be more vice-versa. :cool:

Tankaras
February 16th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I think the borg queen might be smart enough to come up with a anti-replicator weapon. With billions of thoughts and info at her disposal, I think they might prevail in the end do to ingenuity.

Cherriey
February 16th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I think the borg queen might be smart enough to come up with a anti-replicator weapon. With billions of thoughts and info at her disposal, I think they might prevail in the end do to ingenuity.
This also depends on who's leading the replicators. R-Sam against a borg queen? Might change things a bit.

Eoin
February 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM
The reppys get my vote....the borg wouldnt be able to keep up with them multiplying so fast...and whos to say that borg weaponary will actually be affective against the replicators.... they absorb the energy from energy weapons... anyway...i think the borg dont stabd a chance
:)

Cherriey
February 16th, 2006, 11:22 AM
The reppys get my vote....the borg wouldnt be able to keep up with them multiplying so fast...and whos to say that borg weaponary will actually be affective against the replicators.... they absorb the energy from energy weapons... anyway...i think the borg dont stabd a chance
:)
If neither one of them could win over the other (hypothetically speaking) what would happen? I doubt the borg would stop assimilating. Replicators only take out those who get in their way.

bobbi
February 16th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I would say the replicators would win. The replicators were able to adapt to the different frequencies of that ancient gun thing that was able to destroy them after 1 hit. They had to get that ancient device on dakara and dial up all the stargates to hit them all at once.

Even if the borg was able to devise some weapon that can stop the replicators, they should be able to adapt quickly.

As for the borg's ability to adapt, I'm not too sure how you can adapt to mechanical spider things poking at you to death...

Cherriey
February 16th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I would say the replicators would win. The replicators were able to adapt to the different frequencies of that ancient gun thing that was able to destroy them after 1 hit. They had to get that ancient device on dakara and dial up all the stargates to hit them all at once.

Even if the borg was able to devise some weapon that can stop the replicators, they should be able to adapt quickly.

As for the borg's ability to adapt, I'm not too sure how you can adapt to mechanical spider things poking at you to death...
Although, since the replicators are gone we won't have to worry about this conflict ever taking place. =0)

bobbi
February 16th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Where the hell were you during the ST: Voyager episode "One"? The doctor's mobile emitter got borgified.

The mobile emitter only got assimilated during some transport accident didn't it? It like merged the 2 technologies. I dont think the borg can normally assimilate technology that way.

Whether they can get information from the replicators that way is debatable.. since they can download ship data and such with those tube thingies, which is really the main point of assimilating a replicator (since there are zillions of them in any attack). Which makes me think 7 of 9 should do that with the doctor's mobile emitter so they can upgrade voyager's technology to the 29th century or whatever it was. But tv series are never that logical so I'll let that bit slide.

TsukuYomi
February 16th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Who is the bigger pain in the a## to their enemies?

Puddle-Jumper
February 16th, 2006, 03:29 PM
While I prefer the replicators the borg would no doubt just assimilate some bugs gain all their knowledge, gain access to subspace link and then all their technology and then just a matter of adjusting weapons to the right frequency and boom!

PG15
February 16th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Just to make it clear, the Borg can assimilate technology with their nanobots. In fact, the only time we see them unsuccessful at assimilation is with Species 8472, which had a super complex and powerful immune system.

The_Fifth
February 16th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Just to make it clear, the Borg can assimilate technology with their nanobots. In fact, the only time we see them unsuccessful at assimilation is with Species 8472, which had a super complex and powerful immune system.
like the replicators =P

gogogogo replicators !

rarocks24
February 16th, 2006, 07:29 PM
The mobile emitter only got assimilated during some transport accident didn't it? It like merged the 2 technologies. I dont think the borg can normally assimilate technology that way.

Whether they can get information from the replicators that way is debatable.. since they can download ship data and such with those tube thingies, which is really the main point of assimilating a replicator (since there are zillions of them in any attack). Which makes me think 7 of 9 should do that with the doctor's mobile emitter so they can upgrade voyager's technology to the 29th century or whatever it was. But tv series are never that logical so I'll let that bit slide.
Ah, but remember Seven injected her tubules into Paris's station, therefore meaning she can assimilate and/or interface with it with her borg nanobot injection thingies.

FNH USA P90
February 17th, 2006, 01:44 PM
In a war between the Borg and the replicators, the replicators would most likely win because Replicarter seems to be a much more ruthless, more calculating, more manipulative, more adaptable leader than the Borg Queen. Replicarter was willing to put herself into harms way to acquire the disruptor tech and then was able to play both Fifth and SG1 to take control of the replicators. The Borg Queen has never been able to be the subtle about anything she wants. She tried to manipulate Data in First Contact but failed. Also, Replicarter doesn't underestimate her enemy. When she does take control of the Replicators, she attacks those that can hurt her the most. First, she kills off the remaining System Lords in order to set herself up to abduct Daniel to get ahold of his ancient knowledge. She then concentrates all of the replicators against defeating Baal and Anubis. The Borg Queen never bothers to send more than one Cube against the Federation. Attempting time travel was a bad idea because the Federation had already used time travel to affect the future. First Contact shows a real lack of creativity. The replicators would win a war pretty much hands down.

As far as who is most annoying, the Borg are. The replicators need metal to replicate. Although this is a little abstract, cut off the metal and the replicators are stopped. The Borg grow by assimilating living beings and there is no limit to living beings. Even if they can no longer assimilate new people, they could always assimilate a Dominion Cloning Facility and clone more drones.

TsukuYomi
February 17th, 2006, 01:47 PM
not underestimating her enemies must have been a benifit of having some of carter's memories.

NakedJehutyV2
February 17th, 2006, 04:36 PM
human replicators

TsukuYomi
February 17th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Human replicators require a specific mineral who's name escapes me at the moment. That was their chief reason for attacking the asgard the planet contained the mineral.

Daniel's_twin
February 17th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Neutronium, also a key component in Asgard technology. :cool:

TsukuYomi
February 17th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the help with the name.

darth_timon
March 26th, 2007, 12:19 PM
A Replicator vs Borg match up would be one of the more interesting vs battles between Star Trek and Stargate. The two sides have quite a bit in common:

1. Both can adapt to energy weapons. See any Borg or Replicator-related episode of the shows to see this.

2. Both can share information across long distances. The Borg ship in 'Best of Both Worlds' was communicating via subspace links, Replicarter was sharing knowledge with her brethen in 'Reckoning'.

3. Both are vulnerable to kinetic energy attacks. Replicator blocks can be destroyed by bullets, Borg can also be killed by bullets and Worf was able to disable drones by both clubbing them with his rifle and by stabbing one. (references, nearly any Replicator episode and Star Trek: First Contact).

Specific scenarios might have very different outcomes between these two forces. The outcomes may also depend on whether we want to include human-form replicators in this discussion.

Much also depends on the respective abilities of the two sides to adapt. Who is better at doing so? Which foe is smarter and more dangerous?

The Borg have demonstrated one primary tactic on Star Trek, which is to send (for the most part) one ship to attack. Best of Both Worlds and First Contact are both examples of the Borg bulldozer technique- send one ship in and make a beeline for the most important target. The Replicators launched a systematic assault on the Milky Way in 'Reckoning', though they too started with the most important target- the System Lords at their starbase.

The Replicators appear to expand their numbers far quicker than the Borg and that could be crucial in a full-scale war. The Borg control a fairly large swathe of the Delta Quadrant and have done so for a long time, but they haven't expanded as much as they could have. The Replicators were predicted to overwhelm the Milky Way in a matter of weeks in Reckoning. The rapid expansion of numbers could potentially overwhelm even the Borg.

Promethius30
March 26th, 2007, 12:29 PM
The replicators easy
The borg arnt even that tougth any way

Buba uognarf
March 26th, 2007, 12:37 PM
The replicators easy
The borg arnt even that tougth any way

the borg would out number them ship wise though...the borg's ships are estimating in the millions! at least 10,000's that many cubes would wreck the replicators in a direct confrontation unless the replicators were able to multiply and capture the ships of other races in the MW before being surrounded by the full force of the collective

Hypochondriac
March 26th, 2007, 01:02 PM
All depends on who has better nanite technology. Also are we including the pegasus replicators?

Ripple in Space
March 26th, 2007, 01:03 PM
It wouldn't even be close. A single replicator block could take down the fanciest Borg ship. As for hand-to-hand, RepliCarter could annihilate all of them.

Hypochondriac
March 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
It wouldn't even be close. A single replicator block could take down the fanciest Borg ship. As for hand-to-hand, RepliCarter could annihilate all of them.

Actually it takes several blocks to make a replicator doesn't it?

If you want to compare speed of nanites, when the borg inject someone it takes seconds for the nanites to start doing there thing, but when weir was infected it took a long time for the nanites to have an effect.

The replicators have the advantage of not being organic based like the drones are. So in hand to hand combat they would win. In ship to ship combat I would have to give the advantage to the borg.

Team SG-1*save the show*
March 26th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Replicators would win every time!
:replicatoranime01:

they would use the borgs technology and then the borg would be no match

Hypochondriac
March 26th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Both species take technology and use them. So why are you convinced the Replicators would win?

Team SG-1*save the show*
March 26th, 2007, 01:27 PM
The replicators can form ships etc... and the borg cannot really take that from them because they are the ship. whereas the borg tech can easily be replicated by the replicators.

actually i only know what the borg are and do because my dad used to watch star trek. i am not a real fan of star trek so i dont know how the borg work and how they fight. :)

Hypochondriac
March 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM
The replicators can form ships etc... and the borg cannot really take that from them because they are the ship. whereas the borg tech can easily be replicated by the replicators.

All you need to kill a replicator is that anti-replicator gun. Since it has been used against the replicators information about it would be in a replicator data base. If the borg ever got there hands on that information the replicators wouldn't stand a chance.

Team SG-1*save the show*
March 26th, 2007, 01:35 PM
All you need to kill a replicator is that anti-replicator gun. Since it has been used against the replicators information about it would be in a replicator data base. If the borg ever got there hands on that information the replicators wouldn't stand a chance.

yeah i suppose so :)

!!??
March 26th, 2007, 01:52 PM

The replicators could adapt to the frequency the weapon is on. In reckoning every time the asgard fixed the weapon to destroy the replicators it only worked once.

Buba uognarf
March 26th, 2007, 01:56 PM
the borg would adapt to the replicators weapons pretty quickly as i don't think stargate weapon frequencies can be modulated then it would only be a matter of using vastly superior ship numbers to overwhelm and overpower the replicator ships....a single cube is a match for fleets for ships the borg would be fielding fleets of cubes

Buba uognarf
March 26th, 2007, 01:58 PM
The replicators would be up against thousands of these!
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6537/wolf359qr9.jpg

Hypochondriac
March 26th, 2007, 02:44 PM
The replicators could adapt to the frequency the weapon is on. In reckoning every time the asgard fixed the weapon to destroy the replicators it only worked once.

but then the borg would just change the frequency again. Also remember the borg think big. When they were upgainst 8472 they wanted voyager to make the weapon big enough so that it would cover light years. The would make a huge anti-replicator weapon that would cover light years as well.

VSHARMA
March 26th, 2007, 02:46 PM
The Replicators before voyager turned the Borg into a Joke

darth_timon
March 26th, 2007, 03:04 PM
In every Borg attack on the Federation (Best of Both Worlds, First Contact) the Borg have displayed all the tactical acumen of a sponge. On both occasions they sent in only one ship, that relied on sheer bulldozer power to get through enemy defences. Enough firepower can overcome their defences, as First Contact showed. The Federation fleet was doing damage to the Borg ship before the Enterprise even showed up. The cube had extensive hull damage and power fluctuations.

The vaunted ability of the Borg to adapt to anything and everything is also inaccurate. Kinetic energy, as my earlier examples demonstrate, is an effective means of killing drones and they don't appear able to adapt to it. A machine gun or two would have worked wonders in First Contact against the drones. You'd think that something so basic would have been adapted to long ago, but the Borg haven't proven capable of it. Then of course, there is sheer power, as I have already mentioned.

Block Replicators are vulnerable to kinetic energy attacks but human-form replicators aren't. If we assume a conflict is between the Milky Way Replicators, led by Repli-Carter (we'll leave the Asurans out of this for now) and the Borg, then the Borg, who have expanded very slowly despite their technological advantage over the rest of the Milky Way, would suddenly be up against a foe that expands aggressively. A foe that we have seen be more clever than the Borg. Repli-Carter was able to do something the Borg can't or won't do- carry out research. By deceiving SG1 she was able to get her hands on the one weapon that could have destroyed her and find a way to adapt to it (reference, Gemini). The Borg were unable to adapt to Species 8472 and they needed the help of Voyager to find a means of defeating them, because the Borg only learn through assimilation. What they can't assimilate, they cannot understand.

Assuming a level playing field here (at least in the beginning), if a Replicator ship were to encounter a Borg ship, the Borg would probably launch into their spiel of 'you will be assimilated'. The Replicators would not be so gracious and would do what they are programmed to do- Replicate. They would attack and a battle to adapt would begin. If however, the Replicators were able to board the Borg vessel in the beginning of the battle (we know their weapons can penetrate Asgard shields and Asgard shields are several orders of magnitude stronger than Borg shields- we also know their weapons are in fact the means of boarding Asgard ships) then the battle would effectively over.

Once on board the Borg ship the Replicators would immediately begin consuming parts of the ship to make more of themselves, using Borg technology to do so. They would immediately know what makes the Borg tick. Their own communications system/collective would be linked with the Borg's Collective. The Replicators, who have spent an untold amount of time keeping pace with the Asgard and all their achievements, would have, in my humble opinion, no trouble in corrupting the Borg. If we add a human-form Replicator to the mix, then it's just not even funny.

Pretty soon you'd have one 'assimilated' Borg Cube and the Replicators would have access to what the Borg know. The Replicators would do their usual trick of enhancing the Borg cube and then continue to expand their numbers in their typical aggressive manner. Forget the Borg- the Milky Way itself would be overwhelmed in a matter of weeks.

Hypochondriac
March 26th, 2007, 03:21 PM
A Borg tatical cube would have easily destroyed the federation fleet. The reason damage was still being done to the cube is because the Federation was constiently changing it's weapons frequency.

Except for the ARW there is no evidence the frequency of weapons in stargate can be modulated.

jenks
March 26th, 2007, 03:23 PM
The replicators just fire themselves at enemy ships, there's be nothing to modulate.

Ripple in Space
March 26th, 2007, 03:30 PM
If you want to compare speed of nanites, when the borg inject someone it takes seconds for the nanites to start doing there thing, but when weir was infected it took a long time for the nanites to have an effect.

Those were the Asurans. As far as we know the Replicators have never even met the Asurans. The Borg would kick the Asurans butts w/ their sheer numbers.

The replicators are a different story. It takes the Borg time to build ships, while the replicators can just replicate, and form ships within hours. ARGs became a 1-time-use deal. The new ships adapt immediately, and Borg firepower may be superior, but within minutes the replicators will board a Borg ship, and then the replicators can form ships with even more power immediately.

Hypochondriac
March 26th, 2007, 03:32 PM
The replicators just fire themselves at enemy ships, there's be nothing to modulate.

The Borg would eventual adjust there subspace field/shield to block that.

As for replicators taking over a cube. Remember the Queen destroyed entire cubes because a handful of drones became independent. As soon as there about to loose control the queen would destroy the affected cubes

SoulReaver
March 26th, 2007, 03:50 PM
The replicators could adapt to the frequency the weapon is on. In reckoning every time the asgard fixed the weapon to destroy the replicators it only worked once.um...actually the replicators could not adapt to the disruptor - they had to study the tech first (by tricking SG into revealing its schematics)

the replicators might have a chance if they could board the borg vessel (that's assuming they could assimilate the drones before the drones assimilated them !) but there's no telling if they'd be even able to breach the borg shields (which as we've seen are extremely effective against all except species 8472, which originate from another universe...)

the replicators might try "kinetic" energy against the drones however we've only seen bullets used once against drones, in first contact, clearly the drones weren't prepared for this (who uses bullets in the 24th century ?) - since whatever it is that protects the borg drones is clearly a shield it ain't far-fetched to believe that the borg could easily modify their personal shields to block kinetic force as well

rarocks24
March 26th, 2007, 04:01 PM
A Replicator vs Borg match up would be one of the more interesting vs battles between Star Trek and Stargate. The two sides have quite a bit in common:

1. Both can adapt to energy weapons. See any Borg or Replicator-related episode of the shows to see this.

2. Both can share information across long distances. The Borg ship in 'Best of Both Worlds' was communicating via subspace links, Replicarter was sharing knowledge with her brethen in 'Reckoning'.

3. Both are vulnerable to kinetic energy attacks. Replicator blocks can be destroyed by bullets, Borg can also be killed by bullets and Worf was able to disable drones by both clubbing them with his rifle and by stabbing one. (references, nearly any Replicator episode and Star Trek: First Contact).

Specific scenarios might have very different outcomes between these two forces. The outcomes may also depend on whether we want to include human-form replicators in this discussion.

Much also depends on the respective abilities of the two sides to adapt. Who is better at doing so? Which foe is smarter and more dangerous?

The Borg have demonstrated one primary tactic on Star Trek, which is to send (for the most part) one ship to attack. Best of Both Worlds and First Contact are both examples of the Borg bulldozer technique- send one ship in and make a beeline for the most important target. The Replicators launched a systematic assault on the Milky Way in 'Reckoning', though they too started with the most important target- the System Lords at their starbase.

The Replicators appear to expand their numbers far quicker than the Borg and that could be crucial in a full-scale war. The Borg control a fairly large swathe of the Delta Quadrant and have done so for a long time, but they haven't expanded as much as they could have. The Replicators were predicted to overwhelm the Milky Way in a matter of weeks in Reckoning. The rapid expansion of numbers could potentially overwhelm even the Borg.

Actually, the send one ship storyline is due to the long distance the Borg have to travel to assimilate Earth. They'll generally just send their closest ship. The Borg have used large fleets for assimilation, just not on us (and you think we could stop them if they did?).

The Borg possess billions of drones and nanites capable of changing nanites. The Borg communicate as solely a collective identity (no individualism whatsoever) however, the Replicators and Asurans do have individual personalities, therefore crippled.

The Borg would win, they are resilient enough to do so. But apparently not resilient enough to stop one Federation ship stranded in the Delta Quadrant from crafting a virus that destroyed the collective, something Captain Picard could have done during TNG and saved so many.

I'm all for hoping that the Borg Resistance was able to come in and restore order to the destroyed collective, because if they did, it would add a new dynamic to the Borg...

OMG!!!! :eek:

Turns Trekky mode off...

Trekky mode....Disabled

*removes trekky mode from Finder, places in Trash, empties trash*

Trekky mode...deleted. :P

Lord of Nightmares
March 26th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Based purely on accomplishments displayed to date, the Replicators without a doubt. Although the Borg have been around for a very long time, they were still mostly contained to their own little quadrant of the Milky Way, whereas the Replicators were known to have invaded at least 3 galaxies and nearly overwhelmed the Milky Way unopposed within a matter of weeks.

Despite that, the Replicators seemed to adapt far more efficiently to any given situation as compared to the Borg, such as when they modified Cronus's Ha'tak's hyperspace engines and formed the cruiser to escape from the black hole. Another thing to note is the ridiculous speed at which 'Eighth' was able to take over the Daniel Jackson's key systems.

And then there's the Replicators' potential sheer numbers in a relatively short amount of time, especially considering the fact that they're able to multiply exponentially. Even in 'Unnatural Selection', the Replicator blocks were supposed to have covered the entire Asgard homeworld after consuming nearly everything available on that planet and ran at least several miles deep, which is an absolutely obscene number of spider-form Replicators considering each building block is maybe a centimeter or so in thickness. By the time of 'Reckoning' even though it wasn't shown, they had already overrun a significant portion of the galaxy and probably numbered in the trillions or greater. Taking that into account, consider the number of cruisers and warships that they could form.

Locutus_Of_Borg
March 26th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Borg any day

lunapasa
March 26th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Replicators, as long as they could get one the Borg ships.

Admiral Mappalazarou
March 26th, 2007, 10:47 PM
hmmm borg replicators? lol it's worth thinking about....

But yeah, it's the same with the star wars galaxy - place one replicator somewhere in the galaxy and the entire populace is FUBAR.

garhkal
March 26th, 2007, 11:03 PM
the replicators might try "kinetic" energy against the drones however we've only seen bullets used once against drones, in first contact, clearly the drones weren't prepared for this (who uses bullets in the 24th century ?) - since whatever it is that protects the borg drones is clearly a shield it ain't far-fetched to believe that the borg could easily modify their personal shields to block kinetic force as well

Well, in many other shows where the Borg were shown, melee weapons worked, all the time.. so there was no 'adapting there'..

PG15
March 26th, 2007, 11:03 PM
If the Borg can assimilate the Replicator blocks...then the Borg, for sure.

Hypochondriac
March 27th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Well, in many other shows where the Borg were shown, melee weapons worked, all the time.. so there was no 'adapting there'..

From what I seen it generally takes 1-3 shots for the Borg to adapt to a weapon. Picard only killed 2 Borg with the tommy gun. So maybe if he tried killing a 3rd borg it would have adapted.

I don't remember how many Borg worf killed with his blade, but IIRC he was the only one who managed to club them to death with the phaser rifle. when the rest of the guards tried it didn't work

Lord of Nightmares
March 27th, 2007, 06:19 AM
As far as has been established in Star Trek canon (meaning what's been shown on screen to date), the Borg are only capable of adapting against energy-based weaponry, and not kinetic-based, so speculating that they might eventually be able to do so is just that, speculation.

Rail'k
March 27th, 2007, 08:57 AM
It will end in a draw. A borg drone will at first try to assimulate a human form replicator and by doing that there ninites will mearge the programing of the borg nanites through this process will somewhat inprint there programing on the replicators while dong that the replicators will be able to tap into the borg systems and almost instantaniously know every thing about the borg and thir systems through this link the replicators will overwelm the borg colecteve and temperaraly take controll of the borg. the borg will then do as they always do and will try to adapt the battle wont be in space with epic battles and carnege but within the colective/ link it will go on and on and on eventualy they relize that they bacicaly have close to the same goal Asimulat Everything so they will join together and create borg/replicator hybreads and the rest of the galaxy will be doomed.

Ripple in Space
March 27th, 2007, 09:08 AM
It will end in a draw. A borg drone will at first try to assimulate a human form replicator and by doing that there ninites will mearge the programing of the borg nanites through this process will somewhat inprint there programing on the replicators while dong that the replicators will be able to tap into the borg systems and almost instantaniously know every thing about the borg and thir systems through this link the replicators will overwelm the borg colecteve and temperaraly take controll of the borg. the borg will then do as they always do and will try to adapt the battle wont be in space with epic battles and carnege but within the colective/ link it will go on and on and on eventualy they relize that they bacicaly have close to the same goal Asimulat Everything so they will join together and create borg/replicator hybreads and the rest of the galaxy will be doomed.

Actually, based on that line of reasoning I'd still say the replicators. The Borg Queen and RepliCarter don't seem the types to want to share power. And then if it comes down to RepliCarter or the Queen, I'd put all my chips on RepliCarter.

Even say the collective wills of both are equal during the onset (which is doubtful, since the hand of the Replicators spanned at least 2 galaxies at one point, where the Borg only dominate a small area in the Delta Quadrant of the MW), the Replicators would win pretty quickly since the Borg use sentient beings to improve their tech/power/will, the replicators can use anything, including inanimate objects, like rubble, and basically anything. Replicators are also a completely unified front, where Borg must be in range of each other, and such.

As for the Borg Queen, well she was outsmarted (and presumably killed) by a smart human being (Janeway).

RepliCarter was temporarily overpowered by Daniel, who had as much Ancient knowledge as a human being could contain. A guy who has come back from the dead more times than we can count. Someone who overpowered the Orici, and it was implied that he was even slightly more powerful than Anubis. Now this man who is a borderline superhero was only able to overpower RepliCarter for a couple dozen seconds, and then she killed him.

Janeway > Borg Queen
RepliCarter > Daniel
Daniel > Janeway

RepliCarter > Daniel > Janeway > Borg Queen

TheBigFlush
March 27th, 2007, 09:35 AM
As for replicators taking over a cube. Remember the Queen destroyed entire cubes because a handful of drones became independent. As soon as there about to loose control the queen would destroy the affected cubes

Right, the Queen's always cutting off drones/ships that are being corrupted... except for 'Best of Both Worlds' when it was clear that they were losing Picard... and except for Hugh, and all the drones he converted after returning to the collective. See, the problem with the Borg is that they are incredibly inconsistent, and that they have every possible convenient weakness the Trek writers could think of.

All the replicator's would have to do is board a cube, and not act hostile immediately ("they won't attack what they don't percieve to be a threat"... wow... what a stupid bad guy). They then position themselves at all of the cube's key locations and simultaneously disable the ship and start replicating.

The borg are defeated, and everyone's home in time for dinner.

Amanda_Tapping_Fan
March 27th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Im gana have to go with Replicators on this one.

Amanda_Tapping_Fan
March 27th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Janeway > Borg Queen
RepliCarter > Daniel
Daniel > Janeway

RepliCarter > Daniel > Janeway > Borg Queen

I disagree i recon

Janeway > Borg Queen
Daniel > Replicarter
Janeway > Daniel

Ripple in Space
March 27th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I disagree i recon

Janeway > Borg Queen
Daniel > Replicarter
Janeway > Daniel

How? Daniel & RepliCarter had an on-screen face off. RepliCarter won. She killed Daniel...

JACKSON (calmly): You lied to me.

REPLICARTER: What?

JACKSON: You promised you'd leave Earth alone. There's Replicators infiltrating the S.G.C. right now.

REPLICARTER: How can you know that? (Daniel just gazes at her until she works it out.) While I was in your mind, you were inside mine.

JACKSON: Took a while to figure out. Fortunately you were too distracted to notice. Some of the Ancient knowledge really helped too -- thank you.

REPLICARTER: You tricked me.

JACKSON: You tricked me first.

REPLICARTER: You should never have told me.

JACKSON: Too late -- for you, that is.

(The RepliCarter reaches towards Daniel's head but he grabs her wrist to stop her. She tries to shake off his grip but can't.)

JACKSON: Trying to leave? Sorry -- a little more time in Danny's world.

REPLICARTER (glaring at him): My brethren will not stop. You cannot control them.

JACKSON: Not yet ... (his tone becomes ominous) but I'm learning.

(She tries again to pull her hand free but Daniel holds on fast as they glare at each other.)

(...)

In Daniel's tent, the RepliCarter smiles smugly at the sight of Daniel, his eyes screwed shut and his face twisted in concentration.

REPLICARTER: There are so many, aren't there? Too many for your mind to handle. (Daniel opens his eyes and stares at her in desperation.) It's taking all of your concentration just to control them.

(Daniel tries to hold onto control but after a moment she finally pulls her hand free of him. Around them, the tent morphs into where they really are -- still on the Replicator ship. The Replicator blocks holding Daniel's head in place withdraw back into the wall, then the blocks clamping his legs and wrists release him. Daniel steps towards the RepliCarter. Her right arm morphs into a sword and she plunges it straight through Daniel's chest and out the back. Daniel gasps, then grunts in agony as she withdraws the sword, a satisfied smile on her face.)

In the S.G.C. corridor, the Replicators start to move again. The Airmen start firing again.

O'NEILL: Well, that was too good to last.

(He and Reynolds start firing again.)

On the RepliCarter's ship, Daniel has slumped to the floor. He collapses back against the wall as the RepliCarter stands impassively over him. He looks up at her, blood streaming from his mouth. The RepliCarter looks down at him, then is suddenly distracted, as if receiving a message from her brethren.

On the RepliCarter's ship, Daniel's eyes close and his head slumps to the side.

On the RepliCarter's ship, Daniel lies on the floor with his eyes closed.

JACKSON: OK, I'll have the truth, with a side order of clarity, please.

OMA: The Replicator version of Sam was in your head trying to access the knowledge buried in your subconscious, but you gained control of her instead. She killed you to stop you. That's where I stepped in. How's that?

JACKSON: Pretty clear.

OMA: Well, we aim to please. The customer comes first, you know!

JACKSON: So I'm ascended again.

OMA: Not exactly. Sort of a ... stop along the way. You have to make that choice for yourself.

And for that matter how is Janeway > Daniel? Janeway is a normal human, with only a neural piloting interface chip to set her apart from the average human. Sure she's smart too, but so is Daniel. Daniel is also basically immortal for all intents & purposes. Daniel has been an Uber-powerful demi-god. Daniel has possessed superpowers on more than one occasion. Daniel took down an entire Ori army with his thoughts. Daniel took down Adria, the Universe's strongest known organic being ("The Shroud"). He also figured out how to operate the Stargate, figured out that the pyramids were Ha'tak landing pads (before he even knew what a Ha'tak was), and discovered Atlantis, so I imagine he's at least as smart as Janeway.
Daniel believed that he was more powerful than Anubis, who was a demi-god that was un-killable by any conventional means.

DANIEL
Jack, nothing will happen to the Abydonians, the most important thing right now is for you to get out of here with that tablet. If Anubis gets his hands on it and finds the lost city before you do, it's all over. He already has a huge advantage over you because of what the Others have done or rather failed to do.

O'NEILL
You gonna kick his ass?

DANIEL
If I have to.

O'NEILL
Can you?

DANIEL
We'll see. Nothing will happen to the people of Abydos.

JACKSON: Can you tell me why you stopped me from killing Anubis the last time I was ascended?

OMA: Because if I didn't stop you, the Others would have, and they wouldn't have been as nice about it.

Amanda_Tapping_Fan
March 28th, 2007, 04:50 PM
How? Daniel & RepliCarter had an on-screen face off. RepliCarter won. She killed Daniel...

And for that matter how is Janeway > Daniel? Janeway is a normal human, with only a neural piloting interface chip to set her apart from the average human. Sure she's smart too, but so is Daniel. [/list]

R u kiding as much as i love Daniel Janeway would so win, See Daniels a bit of a well, weakling and Janeway would so win.

And yes Replicarter did Kill Daniel but He outsmarted her and ultimately stoped the replicaters long enough for Sam and Jacob to kill Replicarter. So yes she stabed him but he outsmarted her which was her demise

Ripple in Space
March 28th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Well Adria & Anubis never managed to kill him, is Janeway more powerful than them too?

eric_slash
April 1st, 2007, 02:41 PM
The borg would not stand a snowball's chance in hell. A single replicator ship approaches a cube-borg see that is advanced technology, so beam a drone aboard into an empty space (very few, if any on replicator ship). BANG! Suddenly, replicator blocks "jump" off the wall, and imprison the drone. Then, the replicators study the technology, and add it to their store of knowledge, then they kill the drone. The borg ship would probably then attack the replicator ship, and after a few shots of the borg's energy weapons, the replicators would adapt. Then, the replicator ship fires some blocks at the borg ship. These blocks would then start reproducing using the borg ship as material. If any drone tried to stop them, all it would take would be a single replicator spider jumping on the drone and ripping it apart physically (adapt to that mother f***er) The only thing that the borg could possibly do is self-destruct. Even then, the replicator ship would survive and continue on its way. As well, the replicators could land on ANY planet, and take it over completely, and build a massive number of ships. Even with the entire borg fleet, the replicators would adapt to the borg's weapons, and fire blocks at the ships, and take them over. If the replicators had even a single human-form, the battle would become so one-sided, it wouldn't even be funny. That single human-form, if it got onto a borg ship, could turn both of its arms into swords, and go on a massive killing rampage. The borg could not do s*** against it. They could not assimilate the human-forms because the human-form's nanite would just move out of the way of any of the borg's weapons. The borg would have absolutely no way to survive long enough to assimilate any of the replicator's technology, whereas the replicators could assimilate the borg's technology very quickly. Overall, the replicators would destroy the borg very quickly, and the borg would not be able to learn enough about the replicators to build a replicator disruptor.

gategirl2
April 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM
oh my gosh the replicators would win agianst the borg hands down thats all i have to say about that

fugiman
May 15th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Ok both of these races are very adaptive to other froms of technology from different alien races. So lets first say that the Reps and the Borg met one on one in space but after the fight both empires were at war. So who would win the one on one fight and who would win in the empire vs empire fight? Oh and I know that the Replicators have superior Hyperdrives but other then that who do you think would win?

I mean who has the better assimilating and replicating?

(I know I could put this in the Ultimate Vs thread but not to many people go in there and if I do this outside of that I get more hits)

monkey_man132
May 15th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been done before. The Borg adapt to most everything, as do the replicators, and the Replicators replicate a lot and modify weapons. Its a tough decision, but I go with Replicators, because they do have faster ships, and they can also adapt like the Borg. Plus in hand to hand combat when ships get boarded the Borg would have to "adapt" and make guns to fight them since energy weapons don't hurt Replicators.

PG15
May 15th, 2007, 07:17 PM
It'll really depend on whether the Borg can assimilate a Replicator.

If so, then the Borg will instantly know all that there is to know at that moment about the Replicators, and will concentrate on getting rid of them. That shouldn't take too long given trillions of drones working on the problem, and since the Borg do things big (see their solution to Species 8472 in Voyager's Scorpion), the Reps will be gone in a matter of weeks.

If not...the Borg is screwed. The reps will replicate using all the Borg material, and eventually turn all of that into more replicators.

monkey_man132
May 15th, 2007, 08:35 PM
It'll really depend on whether the Borg can assimilate a Replicator.

If so, then the Borg will instantly know all that there is to know at that moment about the Replicators, and will concentrate on getting rid of them. That shouldn't take too long given trillions of drones working on the problem, and since the Borg do things big (see their solution to Species 8472 in Voyager's Scorpion), the Reps will be gone in a matter of weeks.

If not...the Borg is screwed. The reps will replicate using all the Borg material, and eventually turn all of that into more replicators. I can't see an assimilated Replicator, even a human form one. I think Borg would undermine the Replicators and use their knowledge of making ships move faster then since they are a collective then all Borg ships would be super fast. This thread is so difficult. :danielanime08:

Princess Awinita
May 15th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Replicators all the way in a one on one fight, in a empire vs empire fight the Reps will do a lot of damage and possibly take over in oh... six weeks to half a year.

Estrecca
May 16th, 2007, 02:08 AM

A couple of things. Those trillions of drones are retards. They didn't do much better than the Federation in their research for the Omega molecule. And they weren't able to modify their own nanites for use against the bioships and actually needed Voyager to do the work for them.

Moreover, assimilation of a legobug isn't going to grant them instant knowledge of everything known by the Replicators, because the information is actually stored in the collective consciousness of the Replicator Hive Mind and unless the Borg can hack this, they are getting at best the minimal fraction stored in the assimilated legobug.

Hypochondriac
May 16th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Been done before, do a search and you will find it. Drones are retards, but didn't the Queen mention they were experimenting with giving them the abaility to innovate or something like that.

Assimilating a replicator should give them access to the replicator knowledge base since both species use a subspace link to keep in contact.

Buba uognarf
May 16th, 2007, 06:06 AM
A couple of things. Those trillions of drones are retards. They didn't do much better than the Federation in their research for the Omega molecule. And they weren't able to modify their own nanites for use against the bioships and actually needed Voyager to do the work for them.

Moreover, assimilation of a legobug isn't going to grant them instant knowledge of everything known by the Replicators, because the information is actually stored in the collective consciousness of the Replicator Hive Mind and unless the Borg can hack this, they are getting at best the minimal fraction stored in the assimilated legobug.

assimilating a legobug would however give the borg knowledge on how they are made which would allow them to find a way to beat them...

ascendedancient42
May 16th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I have a scarier thought. What if after battling it out for a time, they decided they had similar goals and began working together!

Or, alternatively, the Borg just studied the replicator technology and then decided to use the design mostly as is, incorporating them into the collective as small worker drones and/or projectile weapons.

The idea of Borg-Replicator hybrid tech just scares the willies out of me. Imagine a repliborg legobug getting on board a ship and then assimilating it (and the people), quickly spreading like a virus.

PG15
May 16th, 2007, 11:51 AM

That's because they couldn't assimilate Species 8472. What they can't assimilate, they can't understand.

Hmm...perhaps. However, since all Replicators are the same, assimilating one will pretty much give you all that you need to know about their physiology, which I would think is all that's needed for the Borg to kill them off.

HAL
May 16th, 2007, 11:53 AM
it all depends which one would win the battle for control of the others subspace link since whoever controls the link controls the species

and tbh the reps seem weak even danien jackson took control for afew seconds and hes just one mind

NATIK
May 16th, 2007, 12:19 PM
it all depends which one would win the battle for control of the others subspace link since whoever controls the link controls the species

and tbh the reps seem weak even danien jackson took control for afew seconds and hes just one mind

He got control using the ascended knowledge digged out by replicarter and was only able to do so because his mind was linked to hers while she searched it. It will not be that simple for the borg.

Who wins comes down to one thing. Can the Borg assimilate a replicater, if they can, they have probably won, if not they are doomed to lose.

fugiman
May 16th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Been done before, do a search and you will find it.

I did a seach to see if this has been done before and it hasn't so thats why I posted this

But back to the main point

I think the replicators would win the fight because they were would go on to the Borgs ships and start destroying main systems and then the Borg would try to stop them but couldn't then the lets just say the Borg come in force and destroy the Replicator and the infected Borg ship. The Borg go after the Reps but the reps are fater and will gain numbers very quickly because they can replicate and not just assimalte other tech so in the end I think the rep got the upperhand but who really knows:D

Cap116
May 16th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Replicators. Because they would take over systems on the borg ship and if the borg tried to interfere the replicators would spit acid in the borg's face and kill them. I don't think they would be able to adapt to that.

HAL
May 16th, 2007, 05:47 PM
As has been said it all depends on if the borg can assimilate the reps

If they can bye bye reps

if they cant then bye bye borg

Mister Oragahn
May 16th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I think it's been done before, here and elsewhere, and the Replicators did come ahead of the Borg.

fugiman
May 16th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Replicators. Because they would take over systems on the borg ship and if the borg tried to interfere the replicators would spit acid in the borg's face and kill them. I don't think they would be able to adapt to that.

Well put and I searched and it didn't come up so thats why I made it:D

PG15
May 16th, 2007, 08:28 PM
You didn't search well enough then. ;)

http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php?searchid=732303

Hypochondriac
May 17th, 2007, 04:58 AM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=42346&highlight=Replicator+Borg
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24251&highlight=Replicator+Borg
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1837&highlight=Replicator+Borg
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5284&highlight=Replicator+Borg
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2721&highlight=Replicator+Borg

fugiman
May 17th, 2007, 11:54 AM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=42346&highlight=Replicator+Borg
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24251&highlight=Replicator+Borg
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1837&highlight=Replicator+Borg
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5284&highlight=Replicator+Borg
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2721&highlight=Replicator+Borg

I searched the Science and Tech Forum not the General Discuassion or Fun and Games catergory and their are no Rep vs Borg in the Science and Tech:D

But I think we are getting of topic here so lets get back to the discussion:D

fahmi
May 18th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Hi guys

I'm from Singapore. If me, I bet on the Replicators.

ascendedancient42
May 18th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Scary thought part II: Borg cubes made of replicator blocks! :eek:

NATIK
May 18th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Scary thought part II: Borg cubes made of replicator blocks! :eek:

Would be most scary in the Star Trek universe, as their weapons would be ineffective no matter how much modulating(wtf) they do.

A cube would really be no more dangerous then a normal replicator ship, hell the human form replicators are so much better then drones it is not worth discussing.

HAL
May 18th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Yes but borg nanobots are far more efficient :)

fahmi
May 18th, 2007, 07:30 PM
But the Replicators can adapted to any weapons faster than the borg.

Mister Oragahn
May 18th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Just reporting thoughts from another place.

Compare the forces which battled and defeated the Borg, to the forces which battled and defeated the Replicators.

At one point, the Federation became powerful enough to be able to engage Cubes and have a chance to win (and that's without the temporal cheat I mean).

The Asgards never did. The only time they destroyed a Medusa ship was when they had a fleet of O'neill camping close to a hyperspace exit point, and shot at the unshielded Replicator ship. This ship still withstood many shots before being blasted into millions of small pieces... which withstood uncontrolled reentry.

The Asgards have been fighting against the Replicators for far more time than the Federation ever did, and the Asgards have proven to rely at 200% on technology improvement to defeat a superior foe.
Above all, they have largely proven to possess technologies largely above what the Federation can do.

This alone put the Replicators far above the Borg.

Even more, the Replicators have shown, multiple times, to be able to adapt to disintegrating weapons.
Zats, ancient BFG, Asgard ship mounted pulse cannon, and then the Dakara device; this last one didn't happen because, as mentionned in the show, they (supposedly) had to destroy all the replicators in a single shot, which was the only way to forbid them from adapting to the weapon that could reconfigure and dissemble at the galactic scale, only that.

The Borg never ever approached anything like that.
Plus the replicators go through shields, disrupt internal sensors and reproduce way faster than the Borg can.

Borg are owned.

PG15
May 18th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Well, now, that's not quite fair. The Borg always only send one cube out of potentially thousands upon thousands (their space is vaaast, after all) when they attack the Federation. So what if we finally manages to hold our own aganst 1 cube? Send more than 3 and the Alpha Quadrant is toast.

Assimilated toast, that is. Yummy.

fahmi
May 19th, 2007, 12:17 AM
I still bet my money on the replicators.

Hypochondriac
May 19th, 2007, 04:46 PM
how are the replicators betterat adapting then the borg. They wereonly able to adapt because theydid research onthe weapon. also drones adapt after one shot while in the return several replicators were killed andthey still didnt adapt

Lord of Nightmares
May 20th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Anyone remember the ridiculous speed at which 'Eighth' was able to gain control of Thor's Daniel Jackson-class ships' key systems in 'New Order part 2' the moment it came back online? Quite honestly, if even a single human-form Replicator got onboard a Borg cube, I suspect the vessel would be fully under its control in under a couple of minutes before the Drones are even able to properly retaliate.

Also, from probing a single Borg drone and tapping into the Collective, they might also be able to force the entire Hive into slumber mode, and we saw what that did to the cube (and Drones within) in 'Best of Both Worlds part 2'.

And personally, I'd say the Reps are much better at adapting to any given situation more efficiently as compared to the Borg (and I'm not just referring specifically to energy weapons or such), such as when they were getting sucked into a black hole or when they needed to get to Delmak ASAP from that unidentified galaxy in 'Enemies'.

Jimbo-DR
May 20th, 2007, 07:23 AM
The replicators were trying to adapt to a weapon that somehow broke a specific set of compounds down to their original elements. Thats such a crazy and complicated concept, I can't even IMAGINE what building a defense to it would be like.
The borg adapted to few "ray guns" and a phaser or two, but nothing as advanced as the weapon on Dakara.

HAL
May 20th, 2007, 10:21 AM
The asgard have only been shown to have one thing better than the Feds

and thats Hyperdrive

And the slumber mode has more than likely been safe guarded by the borg now or else the feds wouldve used it again

As ive said If the borg can assimilate the reps the reps dont stand a chance in hell the borg would just take over them

If they cant then the borg will lose

Hypochondriac
May 20th, 2007, 12:37 PM
The replicators were trying to adapt to a weapon that somehow broke a specific set of compounds down to their original elements. Thats such a crazy and complicated concept, I can't even IMAGINE what building a defense to it would be like.
The borg adapted to few "ray guns" and a phaser or two, but nothing as advanced as the weapon on Dakara.

IIRC, don't the anti-replicator weapons only disrupt the link that holding the block/nanites together.? It's not as if the blocks go back to whatever structure they were before.

Eberhardt
May 20th, 2007, 02:43 PM
ok the replicators would so win. the Borg send out like one cube right? well the replicators would be able to eat them quick because replicators have sheer numbers on them, then the Borg would be like ok and adapt to th replicators that the first cube had, but they aren't the same replicators anymore. they are just as advanced as a Borg cube now. So the slightly better cube gets eaten by the even more supreme numbers. Even if they create a weapon that would disrupt the replicator blocks they wouldn't be able to get that many before they adjust to the frequency. So they get eaten. The more technologically dependent you are the faster the replicators eat you. The fact that the Borg are machines just makes them easier.

Mister Oragahn
May 20th, 2007, 05:52 PM
how are the replicators betterat adapting then the borg. They wereonly able to adapt because theydid research onthe weapon. also drones adapt after one shot while in the return several replicators were killed andthey still didnt adapt

Research what?
They didn't much research, for example, when the Daniel Jackson fired at a replicator controlled ha'tak. The first hit from the new lantian derived weapon damaged the ha'tak, but the second shot did absolutely nothing at all.

That's your adaptation.

As for Borg drones, actually we have enough episodes where we it takes several drones to be downed before they adapt.
And yet, it's an adaptation to hand phasers, weapons which are not uncommon in Trekverse.

IIRC, don't the anti-replicator weapons only disrupt the link that holding the block/nanites together.? It's not as if the blocks go back to whatever structure they were before.

The Dakaran device is supposed to break everything to base elements.

It was probably altered to damage the kiron pathways which are essential to the replicator structures. But the alterations never actually turned the matter the replicators were made of into basic atoms.

They were "unLegorized", which zats couldn't do.

EDIT: they only break the (reactive modulating monopolar) energy fields, not the 2 million kiron pathways contained within each block.

Zats are extremely similar to phasers. Three shots can disintegrate a finite volume of matter.

The asgard have only been shown to have one thing better than the Feds

and thats Hyperdrive

Asgards have turned suns into black holes. They have integrated time distorsion tech to their ships.
They can establish stable wormholes on stargates with a hand device, even if the destination is in another galaxy, and that without the kawoosh.
They've been able to manufacturate whatever they used to blow up Orilla Death Star style.
They've developped cities on Orilla much faster than the time necessary for the Feds to build a couple of ships.
They have a beaming technology which is efficient and powerful enough to beam, at least, entire buildings, and that was actually achieved by a human ship, using a knock off asgard tech, powered by a much weaker power plant.
They have a beam that can sweep over the surface of region and send entire armies and buildings "out there".

And again, they've been battling the Replicators for a very long time, but they never managed to inverse the course of events.

The Replicators have incredible reproduction rates, but the Asgards have managed to handle the Replicators for quite some time, though I suppose it's always been a very about walking a fine line, because the Asgards never had many ships left at their disposal.

All the evidence and logic points out that the Borg, which were actually defeated by the Federation, would be completely eaten alive by the Replicators.

So we should talk about a Borg Cube assimilated by Replicators, and then the whole Unimatrix bye bye.

HAL
May 20th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Who will win?
whoever the writers like more of course :)

And yes the asgard of done some nice things

but so have the Feds in their long short history

Creation of enviroments in 7 days {geneisis even if it is outlawed they could still bring it back}

Time travel

Mister Oragahn
May 20th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Creation of enviroments in 7 days {geneisis even if it is outlawed they could still bring it back}

For all intents and purposes, a lost technology.

Time travel

Asgard time distorsion can do it. It just requires more energy.
They don't even need a sun for that.

HAL
May 20th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Asgard version isnt the same

It can only go to the point where the time dilation field activated {afew seconds before}

Otherwise it causes survear problems accross the universe/galaxy I forget which

so therefore isnt asgood :)

Also if we go by future feds They actually have temporal ships that dont need a sun :)

theStormWeaver
May 20th, 2007, 10:35 PM
The Borg inject nanites into their victims to assimilate them, how are you going to pull that off on a rep?

Consider this, the Borg are striveing to become more like machines, would they even resist the reps?

Its something to mull over in those noggin's of yours.

NATIK
May 21st, 2007, 01:13 AM
The Borg inject nanites into their victims to assimilate them, how are you going to pull that off on a rep?

Consider this, the Borg are striveing to become more like machines, would they even resist the reps?

Its something to mull over in those noggin's of yours.

Yes, it is worth considering that the Human form replicators may be a form which the Borg would like to be, unified through superspace links, superior to organic life, yet has the same capabilities. Atleast the human form replicators that were not fixed (like fifith and Replicarter were) were very Borg like in behaviour, like the Queen and Locutus.

The Human form replicators are also capable of adapting to attacks far faster then the Borg Drones are and since they are made of nanites they would be perfect there too, they may even be able to replace the Borg nanites.

fahmi
May 21st, 2007, 01:13 AM
Can you imagine if the Borg and Replicators combined?

Lord of Nightmares
May 21st, 2007, 02:56 AM
Then both respective franchises would be over in under half an episode unless the Ascended and the Q intervene.

Hypochondriac
May 21st, 2007, 12:58 PM
^^ Now that they been brough up I betting the Q would easily win

theStormWeaver
May 21st, 2007, 01:17 PM
My point exactly, its just as likely that the Borg would willingly submit to the replicators. Or atleast try to find a way to become them. I'm sure the reps would rather turn the Borg into human-forms than go through the trouble of seaking out and devouring every borg in the galaxy.

Even if the Borg decided to fight, through some kind of latent survival instinct, I still think the reps would win. Mostly because they adapt almost instantly, and because they reproduce a thousand times faster than the Borg. Plus, I seriously doubt the Borg could assimilate ANY replicator, human-form or otherwise. On top of that, the Borg's processing ability, while enhanced through technology and a hive mind, is still based on organic components. The Reps are entirely synthetic, they adapted instantly to the modifications made by Carter and Thor to bypass Replicarter's immunity to the disruptor. We know this because when Thor's ship used the modified disruptor on a Rep controlled Hetak, then attempted to use it on a second ship moments later, it failed. Then the first ship was reinfected by the second. The Borg lost atleast a dozen drones before they were able to adapt to 22nd century phasors (Star Trek: Enterprise), thats pretty sad, even considering the mini-collective on that ship was lass then a 100 drones.

Princess Awinita
May 21st, 2007, 01:26 PM
my thoughts: One-on-one Encounter: One Rep Spider vs one Borg Drone

This is to get it to a thought I have, you have only one Rep bug and only one Brog Drone, the Rep would see the drone and think, "MMMMmmmm Dinner!" and jump onhim and start eating away, within mere seconds the little guy takes over of the larger guy and takes on the Brog genetic codex, thereby make the littl Rep a very major wrecking machine as it will then make MORE repli/Borg family members and so on and so forth.

Best Case Scenario: Rep whip out the Borg

Worst case Scenario: The Reps become our worst enemy big time

Hypochondriac
May 21st, 2007, 01:27 PM
My point exactly, its just as likely that the Borg would willingly submit to the replicators. Or atleast try to find a way to become them. I'm sure the reps would rather turn the Borg into human-forms than go through the trouble of seaking out and devouring every borg in the galaxy.

Even if the Borg decided to fight, through some kind of latent survival instinct, I still think the reps would win. Mostly because they adapt almost instantly, and because they reproduce a thousand times faster than the Borg. Plus, I seriously doubt the Borg could assimilate ANY replicator, human-form or otherwise. On top of that, the Borg's processing ability, while enhanced through technology and a hive mind, is still based on organic components. The Reps are entirely synthetic, they adapted instantly to the modifications made by Carter and Thor to bypass Replicarter's immunity to the disruptor. We know this because when Thor's ship used the modified disruptor on a Rep controlled Hetak, then attempted to use it on a second ship moments later, it failed. Then the first ship was reinfected by the second. The Borg lost atleast a dozen drones before they were able to adapt to 22nd century phasors (Star Trek: Enterprise), thats pretty sad, even considering the mini-collective on that ship was lass then a 100 drones.

IIRC all weapons in Star Trek are programed to jump frequencies after each firing. Thats why so many Drones die before they adapt to a set of frequencies.

In Stargate changing the operating frequency of the weapon was a tough task. And if it wasn't for the original research done by repcarter they may have never been able to adapt.

theStormWeaver
May 21st, 2007, 01:32 PM
But not in Enterprise!! They only increased the size of the beam and its energy output in Enterprise, they did not use the random frequency modulation seen from TNG onward.

The reps are immune to ALL energy weapons, the disruptor was a special device that required the Ancient Library to create. It permenantly disrupted the link between each replicator cell/block, rendering the useless, not the same as the directed energy weapons seen in Star Trek.

As for the reps not being able to work around the disruptor without Replicarter's research, that may be true, but it doesn't negate the fact they were able to adapt in mere seconds, at the longest.

Hypochondriac
May 21st, 2007, 01:39 PM
Haven't Enterprise so can't argue that point. Most likely they would combine since each side has positives and negatives.

Return Spoilerhow many asurans were killed in return part2, they didn't adapt

Lt. Col. Mcoy
May 21st, 2007, 01:45 PM
I do not believe the Borg could assimilate the Bug-replicators, but Borg assimilation nanites should be able to reprogram a Human-Form replicator.

If they capture and assimilate a human form rep., then the poor reppies are doomed. However, the replicators would win all the fights before the human-form was assimilated, because they would simply eat away at the Borg while the Borg sit around trying to stick them with assimilation tubes.

(EG; if the Borg don't assimilate a rep, they're screwed!)

theStormWeaver
May 21st, 2007, 07:00 PM
What basis do you have that Borg nanites, perhaps numbering in the thousands with each injection, could reprogram millions of Nanites within a human-form replicator?

I really don't think it could happen. As you stated yourself, that leaves the Borg pretty much boned.

Mister Oragahn
May 21st, 2007, 11:56 PM
I do not believe the Borg could assimilate the Bug-replicators, but Borg assimilation nanites should be able to reprogram a Human-Form replicator.

If they capture and assimilate a human form rep., then the poor reppies are doomed. However, the replicators would win all the fights before the human-form was assimilated, because they would simply eat away at the Borg while the Borg sit around trying to stick them with assimilation tubes.

(EG; if the Borg don't assimilate a rep, they're screwed!)

The Asurans seem to have different with the human-form Replicators seen in the Milky Way.

Then, when it comes to nanites vs nanites, you have to compare their power and aptitudes.

The weapons were doing jack against them until Rodney messed with their code, with the participation of Niam, and yet the effects were only temporary, when those due to weapons.

In the end, to gauge the efficiency of nanites, you may need to look, globally, at the technological level of each race, Borg and Replicators (all derived from Alteran tech).

theStormWeaver
May 22nd, 2007, 12:20 PM
It seems I may have made an error in my numbers.

I think that the number of cells in a human body would be a good top-end for the number of nanites in a human-form, don't you? According to ask.com their are various estimations for the number of cells in the average adult, the largest of which is 100 trillion cells. However, the smallest estimation is 10 trillion.

At the most an injection of Borg assimilation nanites would number in the millions, a few billion if they're lucky.

If a race as advanced as the Ancients could be defeated by a race as relatively primitive as the Wraith because of sheer numbers alone, what hope do Borg nanites have against odds worse than 1000 to 1?

What about when the Borg move in to inject them? The Borg would be infected by Rep nanites, just as Weir was. Even if Borg nanites are superior, they would suffer some ill effects.

I still don't believe the Reps could be infected by the Borg, or be defeated even if they could be.

Hypochondriac
May 22nd, 2007, 01:16 PM

I think that the number of cells in a human body would be a good top-end for the number of nanites in a human-form, don't you? According to ask.com their are various estimations for the number of cells in the average adult, the largest of which is 100 trillion cells. However, the smallest estimation is 10 trillion.

At the most an injection of Borg assimilation nanites would number in the millions, a few billion if they're lucky.

If a race as advanced as the Ancients could be defeated by a race as relatively primitive as the Wraith because of sheer numbers alone, what hope do Borg nanites have against odds worse than 1000 to 1?

What about when the Borg move in to inject them? The Borg would be infected by Rep nanites, just as Weir was. Even if Borg nanites are superior, they would suffer some ill effects.

I still don't believe the Reps could be infected by the Borg, or be defeated even if they could be.

In a Voyager episode weren't the Borg working on a nanite bomb or something like that. So They don't have to inject the replicators directly. You can't really use cell count for nanite numbers. Since there machines they have no need for any of the internal organs we have. That either means they have fewer nanites then we have cells. Or That there super dense with no free spaces like we have so the would make nanite numbers greater then human cells.

Mister Oragahn
May 22nd, 2007, 01:35 PM

This is not representative of the replicator abilities. Plus the first replicators were actually devlopped as a response to the Wraith's upper hand in the conflict.

So let's actually reconsider this, and think that damn, the Lantians actually had to create the replicators to have a chance against the Wraith.

Now, of course, like many fans, you will ask - what happened to those mythical and fearsome Wraith?

Why are we given **** vampire peasants instead?

Can the nanites force themselves into other nanoforms?
Can a single Borg arm stick to a replicator be enough to take control of a replicator?
You actually have to break the will of the Replicators, or the will of their leader.

theStormWeaver
May 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
Your statements confuse me, I don't understand what your getting at.

Are you agreeing with me? Are agreeing that the Borg could not assimilate a Rep?

Mister Oragahn
May 22nd, 2007, 11:22 PM
There are a few questions left open, but globally, the level of tech the Replicators have faced is superior to what the Borg encountered, and while the Borg were getting defeated more and more, it wasn't the case with the Replicators. They were about to totally control a second galaxy.

I'd go with the Replicators.

Hypochondriac
May 23rd, 2007, 04:52 AM
There are a few questions left open, but globally, the level of tech the Replicators have faced is superior to what the Borg encountered, and while the Borg were getting defeated more and more, it wasn't the case with the Replicators. They were about to totally control a second galaxy.

The Borg have defeated civilizations superior to anything in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, you can't use the Federation as a benchmark for Borg development.

For example the Hirgen were assimilated they had better defenses and armor then federation ships.
Arturis Species from a voyager episode the ones with the slipstream technology.

The Borg have encountered and assimilated technology from more then a thousand species. I would say that gives them an even chance of beating the Replicators

The Borg only assimilate species from which they can gain something, which is why the didn't assimilate the Kazon.

In Dark Frontier wasn't it mentioned that the Borg consider humans technologically limited?

Buba uognarf
May 23rd, 2007, 05:06 AM

Actually the Borg have been spreading across the galaxy like a plague as an advanced race once said. Their space encompasses a huge area possibly a third of the MW and is ever growing. Their technological level is constantly improving in the space of a couple of years they had greatly advanced in technology (7 of 9's words speaking to the queen)...

The Borg could easily assimilate the alfa quadrant in it's entirety. In an AU a single cube was able to wipe out most of the federation. They were watered down a bit in voyager but if you look at what they've been able to accomplish they're very advanced...

The transwarp hubes for one, dozens of 'wormholes' across the galaxy in minutes.

Jimbo-DR
May 23rd, 2007, 12:54 PM
Actually the Borg have been spreading across the galaxy like a plague as an advanced race once said. Their space encompasses a huge area possibly a third of the MW and is ever growing. Their technological level is constantly improving in the space of a couple of years they had greatly advanced in technology (7 of 9's words speaking to the queen)...

The Borg could easily assimilate the alfa quadrant in it's entirety. In an AU a single cube was able to wipe out most of the federation. They were watered down a bit in voyager but if you look at what they've been able to accomplish they're very advanced...

The transwarp hubes for one, dozens of 'wormholes' across the galaxy in minutes.

Yea, and the replicators were on the verge of controlling 2 WHOLE Galaxies, nevermind a third of one, and they were SO much more advanced than all of their enemies they didn't even bother trying to upgrade themselves. When they needed a new ship, they stole whatever piece of crap they could find, and within minutes said ship was strong enough to take on the most advanced species in the Galaxy. Also, who needs dozens of little present position wormholes when you can travel as fast as the replicators can. 4 million light years in a matter of minutes kicks the hell out of any Borg Transwarp conduit.

Hypochondriac
May 23rd, 2007, 01:03 PM
Yea, and the replicators were on the verge of controlling 2 WHOLE Galaxies, nevermind a third of one, and they were SO much more advanced than all of their enemies they didn't even bother trying to upgrade themselves. When they needed a new ship, they stole whatever piece of crap they could find, and within minutes said ship was strong enough to take on the most advanced species in the Galaxy. Also, who needs dozens of little present position wormholes when you can travel as fast as the replicators can. 4 million light years in a matter of minutes kicks the hell out of any Borg Transwarp conduit.

You could argue being able to take over the galaxy doesn't prove the replicators are more advanced just that they had no serious competition. Wasn't it mentioned that if the Goa'uld were to hold back instead of aggressively attacking the replicators there advanced would be significantly slowed. As for speed Star Trek ships can't leave the galaxy so intergalactic speeds are great.

Jimbo-DR
May 23rd, 2007, 01:20 PM
You could argue being able to take over the galaxy doesn't prove the replicators are more advanced just that they had no serious competition. Wasn't it mentioned that if the Goa'uld were to hold back instead of aggressively attacking the replicators there advanced would be significantly slowed. As for speed Star Trek ships can't leave the galaxy so intergalactic speeds are great.

You just helped to make exactly my point. The reps had NO serious competition. Think about that. They were up against the Asgard, and overall, it really wasn't THAT tough for them to be winning. The point about the Goa'uld holding back was that the replicators wouldn't attack them unless they were attacked first. Everytime a Goa'uld so much as raised his voice the Reps raped his fleet and domain. And as for speed, thats my point as well, Star Trek ships aren't even advanced enough to be ABLE to leave the Galaxy, whereas Stargate ships do it on a regular basis.

Princess Awinita
May 23rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
again I say this, but I'll use a Ken-doll and a little lego guy for the size compairsons:

the Replicator bug is the lego guy, the Borg Drone is the Ken-doll, then, that little guy sees the big guy and boom, the big guy is killed off as the little guy astarts to eat, and as the little guy eats the little guy doubles like crazy and within mere nanoseconds the Borg is gone and there are now Replicator bugs with the same genetic markup as the Borg they just ate

Hypochondriac
May 23rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
You just helped to make exactly my point. The reps had NO serious competition. Think about that. They were up against the Asgard, and overall, it really wasn't THAT tough for them to be winning. The point about the Goa'uld holding back was that the replicators wouldn't attack them unless they were attacked first. Everytime a Goa'uld so much as raised his voice the Reps raped his fleet and domain. And as for speed, thats my point as well, Star Trek ships aren't even advanced enough to be ABLE to leave the Galaxy, whereas Stargate ships do it on a regular basis.

The reason Star Trek ships can't leave the Galaxy if because in there storyline there is a huge energy barrier at the edge preventing them from doing so. There is no such barrier in the Stargate storyline.

As for the Azgard they were extremely advanced I will give you that, but they lost their innovative ability. Remember Thor even told Carter we would have never came up with the Ideas you did.

You can't just dismiss the Borg out of hand. They assimilated more then 1000 species some far more advanced then the Federation

Kingomon
May 23rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
assimilated more then 1000 species some far more advanced then the Federation
what's your point? numbers? Technology? Ships?

The Replicators make tons of themselves out of a single ship
The Replicators have made the ships themselves resistant to attacks
The Replicators had taken tons of ships under there control

In a One on One confortation the Bug would take the Borg without a problem (of course it is very rare that a replicator is alone)

And it is doubtful the borg would develop replicator guns, seeing as the asgard were working on it and they never figured it out, and it took the knowledge of very old and advanced race to make the replicator gun.

So how would the borg fight the Replicators?

Hypochondriac
May 23rd, 2007, 02:16 PM
what's your point? numbers? Technology? Ships?

The Replicators make tons of themselves out of a single ship
The Replicators have made the ships themselves resistant to attacks
The Replicators had taken tons of ships under there control

In a One on One confortation the Bug would take the Borg without a problem (of course it is very rare that a replicator is alone)

And it is doubtful the borg would develop replicator guns, seeing as the asgard were working on it and they never figured it out, and it's took the knowledge of very old and advanced race to make the replicator gun.

So how would the borg fight the Replicators?

My point is that the Borg have experience in fighting different types of enemies. A few of those 1000 species assimilated had to be using nanotechnology, which means it's nothing new to the Borg. While the Replicators were a new form of enemy to the Azgard. The Borg have also developed a nano virus which means they no longer solely depend on drones to assimalate. So it will come down to a battle of nanites.

My main point it don't just dismiss the Borg.

Jimbo-DR
May 23rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
We have no idea how many species the replicators came up against, but they kicked the crap out of every single one. However thats still all only circumstantial evidence. Wait for Mr. O to grab some of the numbers he's calculated for Various Races shield and weapon strengths, then think of the fact that the Replicators pretty much owned every race in Stargate. Then compare it to the various races in Star Trek, including the Borg.

Hypochondriac
May 23rd, 2007, 02:42 PM
Shield strength and weapons are everything. I'm not saying the Borg would easily win. Just that the Replicators if/when they would have had a hell of a fight on their hands.

It's all about who takes over who first. Like it was mentioned in the beginning of the thread, if the Borg can assimilate the replicators they win if they can't they loose

theStormWeaver
May 23rd, 2007, 11:42 PM
Thor was talking about comeing up with insanely simple answers to their problems, like using a hyper advanced ship as bait and blowing it up to destroy its pursuers.

It doesn't matter that MW is enveloped by an energy barrier, your ignoring the fact that Rep ships, actually Stargate ships in general, travel at speeds tens of thousands of times greater than ST ships.

Such speed would allow Rep ships to attack the soft spots in Borg space, to hit the older cubes that haven't been updated with new tech.

By the time we met the Reps the Asgard had been fighting them for centuries, the Asgard were quite familiar with them by then. Besides, were talking about Reps vs Borg, not Asgard vs Borg.

As to the Reps being able to defeat different forms of enemies, i'm sure that not all of the species encountered by the Reps acted like the Asgard and Goa'uld :mckay:

As for the Borg being all experienced and such, they don't use said experience well. They just say 'resistence is futile' and shoot. The Reps don't give said verbal warning :cool: They just take over.

Mister Oragahn
May 24th, 2007, 04:30 AM
The Borg have defeated civilizations superior to anything in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, you can't use the Federation as a benchmark for Borg development.

This is just as vague as it can be.

For example the Hirgen were assimilated they had better defenses and armor then federation ships.

Yet, in the end, the Federation came with weapons that would let them blow up Cubes like nothing. Obviously, the races the Borg defeated were of a level of technology equal or inferior to that of the Feds from that point, safe if you consider huge industrial assets for one unknown civilisation, to compensate the tech superiority with vast numbers. But Trek has never been about vast numbers;

Arturis Species from a voyager episode the ones with the slipstream technology.

How are they relevant?

The Borg have encountered and assimilated technology from more then a thousand species. I would say that gives them an even chance of beating the Replicators.

If they have assimilated technologies which are roughly on par with each other, they could have absorb billions of billions of species, for all I care, that doesn't make them superior.

The Borg only assimilate species from which they can gain something, which is why the didn't assimilate the Kazon.

In Dark Frontier wasn't it mentioned that the Borg consider humans technologically limited?

So much that they even tried to destroy Earth. So much for a species with limited tech.
That's just fancy talk from the Borg, cause on the same hand they didn't show anything particularily more advanced, all relative, for a species that supposedly assimilated an incredible amount of civilisations. Roughly, what do we have? Transwarp choke points, more powerful weapons and armour, some form of adaptation, personnal shields, nanotech.

All of which has been possessed by the Asgards, or by civilisations the Asgards could defeat - safe the assimilation part, which is what the Reps exclusively do in Stargate, but they do it faster than anything the Borg have shown on the big scale, and several of these technologies are better than what the Borg use (disintegration or teleportation of far more massive targets, tougher shields and weapons, way faster FTL devices).
And yet the Asgards, with their synthetizer boosted industry, could never outbalance the situation in their favour.

You could argue being able to take over the galaxy doesn't prove the replicators are more advanced just that they had no serious competition. Wasn't it mentioned that if the Goa'uld were to hold back instead of aggressively attacking the replicators there advanced would be significantly slowed.

That's not the exact words. Nothing would slow down the Replicators. They'd still cover more and more of the galaxy. It's just that it would lower the rate at which the Goa'uld were loosing their ships.

As for speed Star Trek ships can't leave the galaxy so intergalactic speeds are great.

No, they suck, especially in comparison to Gate.

Hypochondriac
May 24th, 2007, 08:19 AM
You have your opinions I have mine. My main point of contention is that you don't believe the Borg have a snowballs chance hell. I tend to believe the Borg do have a chance but not a good chance.

SG-17
May 24th, 2007, 08:35 AM
If this applies to all types of replicators, not just the bugs, then the borg are doomed. Bring the Asurans in, a couple of drones would tear right a borg cube, plus the human forms can manipulate thier own body to turn into a weapon, they can also disconnect them selves from the link it they are compromised.

Jimbo-DR
May 24th, 2007, 12:32 PM
You have your opinions I have mine. My main point of contention is that you don't believe the Borg have a snowballs chance hell. I tend to believe the Borg do have a chance but not a good chance.

Its not so much opinions as it is comparing the two with what Data can be actually be compared because it is measured the exact same way. FTL speeds are the perfect example. And in those fields the Replicators dwarf the Borg.

Buba uognarf
May 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Its not so much opinions as it is comparing the two with what Data can be actually be compared because it is measured the exact same way. FTL speeds are the perfect example. And in those fields the Replicators dwarf the Borg.

Not when using transwarp hubs they don't. With the use of a Transwarp hub the borg are faster than the Replicators across the galaxy though it is more limited.

Jimbo-DR
May 24th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Not when using transwarp hubs they don't. With the use of a Transwarp hub the borg are faster than the Replicators across the galaxy though it is more limited.

How do you figure? The Transwarp hubs got Voyager back home from whereever they were in EndGAme, but at that point they were practically already home anyway. They'd already traveled at least 40 to 50 thousand light years, right? And they only needed to travel to Earth. The Replicators got us 4 million light years in a matter of minutes! And Prometheus' first test hyperdrive took it 1200 light years in a matter of minutes.

Buba uognarf
May 24th, 2007, 01:19 PM
How do you figure? The Transwarp hubs got Voyager back home from whereever they were in EndGAme, but at that point they were practically already home anyway. They'd already traveled at least 40 to 50 thousand light years, right? And they only needed to travel to Earth. The Replicators got us 4 million light years in a matter of minutes! And Prometheus' first test hyperdrive took it 1200 light years in a matter of minutes.

still 20 - 30 thousand light years in a few minutes is impressive! When did the replicators go so far in minutes? Enemies?

Hypochondriac
May 24th, 2007, 01:27 PM
The replicators had to know about the Goa'uld from the Azgard so why did they wait so long before deciding to pay a visit?

Lord of Nightmares
May 24th, 2007, 06:35 PM
The replicators had to know about the Goa'uld from the Azgard so why did they wait so long before deciding to pay a visit?

They probably didn't realize the full extent of just how much Ancient technology the Goa'uld had managed to salvage until First and his cohorts probed SG-1's minds (since they had much better first-hand experience with the snake-heads as compared to the Asgard). And shortly after that, they (along with presumably the entirety of the Replicator race) got trapped in the time dilation field before they had the chance to move on and invade the Milky Way, at least until season 8. Also, the Reps were more or less mindless (or at least possessed minimal intelligence to carry out their basic functions) and somewhat less coordinated before the first human-form Replicator was assembled, being purely driven by their need to go forth and multiply, as was programmed into them by Reese.

Before that however, the Reps were pretty much content to remain in the Asgard home galaxy and assimilate their technology, since those guys were extremely advanced in their own right. Their attempted incursion into the Milky Way galaxy in 'Enemies' failed thanks to SG-1's efforts, but the fact that they were able to boost the speed of the already-impressive Ha'tak's hyperdrives by a magnitude of at least 8,000 times was testament to their ability to adapt to a newly presented scenario in such a short time.

IMPALER
March 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM
In an all out war between replicators/assurans VS Borg who would win?

Dont forget Borg had their own colony with their own space and could adapt to anyphase weapon or any for that matter.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 25th, 2008, 04:01 PM
i swear these threads continue to spawn faster than rabbits. replicator/assurans the bug formed replicators would not give the borg a chance, especially if the Asurans and the replicators become homogenous, the Asurans would give the replicators the ability to withstand AR weapons, the only way they would vulnerable would to use mckay's version of the AR weapon.

seinfeldsg1
March 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Replicators. Borg got really watered down in voyager anyway.

Replihive
March 25th, 2008, 07:24 PM
No contest Replicators! If they merged then I don't think even the Dakara device could stop them.

Icedragon
March 25th, 2008, 11:26 PM
A] completly different shows with different scientific things in them

B] Replicators hands down, the borg assimilate life forms to join them. Replicators use the ships. Borg also use energy based weapons with are ineffective against replicators.

Shan Bruce Lee
March 26th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Replicators.

thekillman
March 26th, 2008, 02:19 AM
replis by far. the replis would just kill borg, take over their ships, and become immune for their weapons

peragrin
March 26th, 2008, 06:33 AM
i swear these threads continue to spawn faster than Replicators.
There I fixed that for you.
As for who would win I would say they merge. The borg nanites would infect the asuran replicators and they would decide their goals would be mutual. Making Repliborg.

very scary, but the could never defeat plot shields.

Buba uognarf
March 26th, 2008, 10:32 AM
The Bugs would win, unless nano probes are effective.

The Asurans would get slaughtered.

mickhhh
March 26th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Replicators easy. Borg have no defence aganist them
end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seinfeldsg1
March 27th, 2008, 01:38 PM
How about the ori or the Borglicators?????????????????

Crazy Tom
March 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Replicators easy. Borg have no defence aganist them
end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Streeeeeeeeecccchhhiiinnnngggg tttthhhheeeee pppppaaaaaggggeeeee!!!!!

Shpinxinator
April 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Well? Time for this fight...

Starrtom
April 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM

A human form replicator would tear a Borg apart, ie an asuran. A war between replicators and Borg I would call it a draw, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. They are both able to adapt very quickly, just don't know.............

Saquist
April 14th, 2009, 05:34 PM
one on one the block replicators would lose to the borg but the human forms would win.
But the Borge seem more adaptive. A war would be one by the Borg.

sldghamr
April 14th, 2009, 05:43 PM
i would say the Borg would win this one, but not without taking several losses.

Dark lord me
April 14th, 2009, 06:23 PM
It all depends on if there are human form replicators. Just the blocks in a space batthe the replicators would win because the borgs energy blass would be absorbed into the replicator blocks, but the replicator blocks if even a few made it through to the cube it would eat it all. It would go the same way if they were borg drone vs replicator. However add a human form replicator and the borg would be killed even faster

Overall the Borg would win

coldmachine
April 14th, 2009, 06:41 PM
As far as we know, the Borg have never come across a being like a human form Replicator. Replicators win this war.

tombombadil
April 14th, 2009, 06:48 PM
hmmmm on one hand we have locutus of borg and seven of nine.....on the other hand replicarter and repliweir....i'd say.....DALEKS! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! :P probably replicators

Browncoat1984
April 14th, 2009, 09:44 PM
The Borg have an amazing ability to adapt however, especially if you read the latest 24th century novels (Star Trek Destiny and the preceding TNG novels). I think they would probably eventaully adapt to the Replicators given enough time. I mean, they did eventually adapt to the transphasic torpedo towards the end of their war of attrition with the Federation.

How about this? Borg vs. BSG '78 Cylons vs. BSG remake Cylons vs. Milky Way Replicators vs. Asuran human-style Replicators vs. Geth (from mass Effect)

spinny magee
April 14th, 2009, 10:27 PM

Borg would get screwed...they would get covered in acid. Another reason why i want to have a replicator as a pet;)

Buba uognarf
April 15th, 2009, 01:34 AM
The Borg would win. Replicator nanites were hampered by Dr Weirs immune system, Borg nano probes would eat the replicators from the inside out.

therandom
April 15th, 2009, 04:01 AM
I'd think because of the.. power the Replicator's have access to, a war between them and the Borg would start very, very badly for the Borg. But, as it's been stated- the Borg excel at adapting. They would adapt to the technology of the Replicators and, if they were not wiped out fast, would quite possibly destroy the replicators.

Numbers wise, it can be assumed the replicators (Asurans-wise) are low- population wise. They've taken blows as of 'late'. The Borg, however... we're not sure about them. Canonically speaking, they have massive numbers. Ships, 'people', etc.. Point is, at first the Replicators would lay waste due to (I believe) superior tech. But the Borg would adapt, and with greater numbers, Win.

meo3000
April 15th, 2009, 04:19 AM
The replicators. Once the first borg drone has been "eaten' by the bugs, theyll know about the queen. They will replicate enough forces and go get her. Afetr that its checkmate.

Buba uognarf
April 15th, 2009, 04:25 AM
The replicators. Once the first borg drone has been "eaten' by the bugs, theyll know about the queen. They will replicate enough forces and go get her. Afetr that its checkmate.

Borg nanoprobes will 'eat' replicators alive.

Optimus Chekov
April 15th, 2009, 05:53 AM
I think we ignore the great advantage of the replicators. They are non-living. I know insanely little of the Borg but the way they got defeated in First Contact was via the destruction of their itty bitty Organic bits. Also if they try ot make more Borg to replace the dead, who they gonna use? Replicators...

Actually I've just had another thought. I think the war would really descend to a nanoparticle level. We're thinking far too high up in ship vs ship battles.
The Human Form Replicators and the Borg Vampire hand stab thing both works with the use of nanites. Therefore the battle would go on there due to both teams love of havign a strategic advantage throuygh adaptability. The Human Form Replicator Nanites would try to eat the Borg Nanites and the Borg would try to overwrite the Replicator Base Code. So in That case you'd either say they'd draw.. Or the Fact Replicators are 100% Nanites, they'd win by numbers.

Buba uognarf
April 15th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I think we ignore the great advantage of the replicators. They are non-living. I know insanely little of the Borg but the way they got defeated in First Contact was via the destruction of their itty bitty Organic bits. Also if they try ot make more Borg to replace the dead, who they gonna use? Replicators...

Actually I've just had another thought. I think the war would really descend to a nanoparticle level. We're thinking far too high up in ship vs ship battles.
The Human Form Replicators and the Borg Vampire hand stab thing both works with the use of nanites. Therefore the battle would go on there due to both teams love of havign a strategic advantage throuygh adaptability. The Human Form Replicator Nanites would try to eat the Borg Nanites and the Borg would try to overwrite the Replicator Base Code. So in That case you'd either say they'd draw.. Or the Fact Replicators are 100% Nanites, they'd win by numbers.

The Borg have trillions of drones , they'd be unlikely to run out of them. They could also clone and create new ones if they had to.

If it descended into a nanite battle the Borg would win due to their nanites being superior. Borg nanoprobes apparently cannot be destroyed where as replicator nanites struggle with the human immune system.

a6346
April 15th, 2009, 06:12 AM

The Borg don't need the queen to survive she just helps regulate the flow of information and act as a controlling conduit for it all as she puts it 'I bring order to chaos'. The second she is killed another will take her place as it did after First Contact. In theory they wouldn't even need a queen it would just mean they were operating at less than there potential. She's the borg version of a human form replicator.

Perfection has no weak links.

BTW completely off topic here but how was the Omega particle perfection in the borgs eyes if it was perfect it wouldn't randomly explode and stop warp drive and be easier to find and contain.

SGFerrit
April 15th, 2009, 06:19 AM
The Replicators are what they eat. They take over a Borg cube, and learn everything they know, and then they make the Borg technology even more advanced. The Borg adapt and make a better ship, the Replicators take that ship and make it even more advanced than before. It's what they do. You can't beat them by making better technology, because they just consume it and then make it better themselves.

Edit: Getting down to the nanite level, I don't see how the Borg nanites would eat the Replicators. Inject Borg nanites into a Replicator and you run the risk of giving them an even bigger advantage, the Borg aren't the only ones who adapt.

Buba uognarf
April 15th, 2009, 06:23 AM
The Replicators are what they eat. They take over a Borg cube, and learn everything they know, and then they make the Borg technology even more advanced. The Borg adapt and make a better ship, the Replicators take that ship and make it even more advanced than before. It's what they do. You can't beat them by making better technology, because they just consume it and then make it better themselves.

Borg ships could just self destruct before the replicators get a chance to take over the ship. Use of superior nanoprobes could also allow the Borg to destroy the replicators.

SGFerrit
April 15th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Borg ships could just self destruct before the replicators get a chance to take over the ship. Use of superior nanoprobes could also allow the Borg to destroy the replicators.

The Borg don't even start fighting until they perceive something as a threat. And when they realize something IS a threat, they try to stop it or assimilate it. They don't just blow themselves up. By then the Replicators could already have switched off the self destruct. Hasn't that been seen in the show before, the fact that that is one of the first systems they go for? If they manage to take a Cube (which I think they could quite easily) then couldn't they use the Borg's collective consciousness against them?

Buba uognarf
April 15th, 2009, 06:51 AM
The Borg don't even start fighting until they perceive something as a threat. And when they realize something IS a threat, they try to stop it or assimilate it. They don't just blow themselves up. By then the Replicators could already have switched off the self destruct. Hasn't that been seen in the show before, the fact that that is one of the first systems they go for? If they manage to take a Cube (which I think they could quite easily) then couldn't they use the Borg's collective consciousness against them?

I doubt the Replicators would be able to affect the entire collective, the thought of it may not even occur to them.The Borg's first goal would be to assimilate the replicators, they wouldn't ignore them. Your right at first the replicators would get on the Borg ships and cause damage. However the collective would then take measures to prevent the Replicators getting access to more ships.

Could the replicators even take control of the vessels? The Queen can remotely control any Borg vessel she wants, who's to say that the Replicators could actually override her. Non of the SG ships are controlled by external forces so its far easier for the Replicators to take over.

I stick by my point about the nanoprobes, the Borg have devices able to affect entire star systems and able to spread nanoprobes over ranges of 5 LY's. Weapons like these could be used to wipe out fleets of replicators.

SGFerrit
April 15th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I doubt the Replicators would be able to affect the entire collective, the thought of it may not even occur to them.The Borg's first goal would be to assimilate the replicators, they wouldn't ignore them. Your right at first the replicators would get on the Borg ships and cause damage. However the collective would then take measures to prevent the Replicators getting access to more ships.

Could the replicators even take control of the vessels? The Queen can remotely control any Borg vessel she wants, who's to say that the Replicators could actually override her. Non of the SG ships are controlled by external forces so its far easier for the Replicators to take over.

I stick by my point about the nanoprobes, the Borg have devices able to affect entire star systems and able to spread nanoprobes over ranges of 5 LY's. Weapons like these could be used to wipe out fleets of replicators.

It's a big question, and it could possibly work either way as we know Replicator cells are connected to one another too. These facts could provide an advantage for either side.

And again, we don't really know how the nanites of each race would affect the other. You think the Borg would eat the Replicators from the inside out, I thnk the Replicators would find out about, and subsequently infest, the hive mind.

It is one of the more interesting vs. battles, but all of this is speculation. The only way to know how it would pan out is if the Stargate and Star Trek writers got together to do a big old crossover, which would be massively fun but would never happen and would make no sense:D

Whose to say we wouldn't end up with some sick, unstoppable hybrid/abomination race. It's VERY possible considering how the two races work.

Prior Master
April 15th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Whose to say we wouldn't end up with some sick, unstoppable hybrid/abomination race. It's VERY possible considering how the two races work.

I agree. I think the two would somehow end up merging and we would see borg cubes built out of replicator blocks, or the replicator bugs with assimilation tubules. The latter would seem great for a few horror/suspense type stories.