Replicators vs Borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators vs Borg

I had this idea for a while if the replicators were to come up againts the borg who would be the victor ?

are they equally matched ?

one asimilates the other replicates who is betta ?

any thoughts ?

Easy -- in previous years it might have been hard to decide, but I'm all for the Replicators at this point. The Borg have been weakened significantly over the years. Whether you want to credit human ingenuity (with a little help from Species 8472) or blame it on the writers, I leave that to you, but here's a few reasons why I go with Replicators as of current standing:

-Replicators have never been overwhelmingly defeated in a battle -- with the Russian sub being a rare incident involving a "few" Reps -- ONLY made a stalemate with or evaded. Whereas, look what happened to the Borg by the end of Voyager (I'm sure the books have carried on since then, but let's only count actual on-screen evidence for the purpose of this discussion).

-Replicators seem to be more technologically advanced. They've already shown themselves to be faster than the Borg in packs, and far more "vicious" if threatened. I feel they are more relentless than the Borg because they do not need to assimilate new lifeforms -- simply various metals around the galaxy, and take over ships! This is an asset of theirs, as the Borg are *still* limited by their organic deficiencies. The Borg used to be terrifying to me but they move wayyy too slowly in a firefight and have been outsmarted time and time again.

-whereas... it's proven harder to outsmart the Reps. Each time, they relentlessly come back, and whatever plan worked the previous time will likely not work this time around under SUCH different circumstances. Season 8 of Stargate SG-1 looks like it will only unfold this hypothesis of mine, bigtime!

-the Borg have not been able to win their battle against another "major baddie", Species 8472... whereas we know that Replicators were directly responsible in Apophis' downfall! And Apophis was the major villain and antagonist of SG-1 over the course of five, long years -- compare that to Species 8472, who Voyager encountered in their voyages across the Delta Quadrant but befriended/made an uneasy peace with pretty quickly after that.

-I believe the Replicators are far more adaptable than the Borg. They've already encompassed human forms and taken over ships, and who knows what lies ahead? The Borg have no ability to camoflauge or disguise themselves covertly. They are large and clumsy, while the Replicators can take the smaller "bug" forms if necessary and steathily attack!

-The Federation has successfully been able to capture Borg tech and use it to their benefit. And what does SG-1 have to show for their years of helping the Asgard vs. the Replicators? Especially considering their standing order to acquire new technology...

-The Asgard are at a futuristic level of technology comparable in some ways to 24th-century Trek (for example, transporters) and likely ahead in others. And look and how effectively they've dealt with the Replicators. Not very.

And soforth
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Yeah. The Replicators would easily take the Borg. By the end of Voyager the Borg were a shadow of their former self. Doesn't the object a Borg is assimilating have to have some organic matter? Because the assimilators occurs in the blood stream, so since the Replicator's don't have that, I imagine they would be immune to a key ground weapon.

Comment

VERY Minor spoiler for New Order:

by the looks of one of the screenshots, it looks line the replicators have BECOME ships, as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah... Borg might try to assimilate the humanform Replicators but only find OTHER, HOSTILE nanobots (nanites)... and it'd be a war on a microscopic scale. Soon enough, all the bugs would come crawling out of the woodwork and leap all over the Borg drone, tearing it apart with the acid spray to melt all the flesh -- and rapidly consuming all the metal used for its VITAL implants, including the cortical node. Its connection to the Collective would be severed and it'd soon be dead, in every sense of the word. Replicators 1, Borg 0.

First would be watching the show, *sigh*, and look at a bowl of Planters Peanuts and wish he could try some for "sustainence". As a consolation prize, he'd turn to the Borg clumsily trying to assimilate him from behind, and stick his fingers into his brain and torture the drone for hours of endless, sadistic fun... the shockwave would spread through the Collective's neural net as the Replicators learned everything the Borg ever knew, and they'd be royally MESSED WITH!

Oh yeah, I couldn't resist, I had to add one more thing:

in a matter of weeks, if not days, the Replicators will have located the Borg Queen and captured her (she eluded capture by trying to modify the Collective network to block access to the Rep intrusion, but... her resistance was futile). Have you ever heard a Borg scream before, or ever felt sorry for a Borg? NOW YOU HAVE.
          Last edited by Torley; 08 July 2004, 10:10 PM.

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            VERY Minor spoiler for New Order:

by the looks of one of the screenshots, it looks line the replicators have BECOME ships, as well.

Ohhh boy, are the Tau'ri and the Goa'uld in trouble! I suspect they'll pound their collective noggins together (after Yu takes some memory pillz) and come up with a workable, low-tech solution to keep the Replicators at bay this time around... another way to use their technology against them.

You know what would be scary? A Ha'tak-class vessel approaching, and it turning out to be ALL REPLICATORS!!!

Comment

I would say replicators for the fact that azll they do is make more of themselves, are hard to kill, can take a human form, and are not dependant on human flesh to sustain life.

I would give the borg the tech points though.

Imagine borg tech, with replicator humanoids. Major enemy.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Borg for sure!! they are as evil as the goauld and they cant be killed unless you use an insainly powerful gun. Borg could kick the replicators asses.

Comment

Ummmm they need flesh to survive. Thats a big draw back.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

they dont need it to survive they need it to reproduce, just like the replicators need metals. The borg dont feed on humans.

Comment

the Borg aren't entriely cybernetic. They have biological components. If First Contact taught us anything it's the Borg need their organic components to survive.

Comment

Yeah, like I said... hungry Reps with acid spray would make short work of that --they'd dissolve all the flesh while consuming the metal to add to their own ranks.

Comment

How large are replicator blocks? Would borg assimilation nanites be able to take them over?

Let's assume they couldn't, then the borg would be screwed by any replicator boardings.

It would then come down to "Could the replicators defeat the Borg in a space battle?", Borg shields may well be able to withstand whatever the replicators throw at them once they've adapted to it.

I think a better fight would be Federation vs Replicators, although the Feds would win because they'd come up with some crazy solution that has a .1% chance of success but magically everything goes perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by override367
                            How large are replicator blocks? Would borg assimilation nanites be able to take them over?
                            The size of the replicator blocks doesn't matter. Borg assimilation works inside the bloodstream at a cellular level, taking over the red bloodcells first (if I can remember Scorpion). Since the replicators are fully mechanical and have no biological components assimilation wouldn't work.

Regarding ship battles, I imagine the Borg would try and assimilate them and fail. Perhaps taking them on their ship like the Asgard did. When this happens, it's game over for the Borg, the Replicators would take over the Cube and lose.

Comment

Replicators would win.

A) The replicators have nano technology that is better than the Borg's.

B) A replicator block cannot be assimilated. I'm willing to bet that a Keron Pathway is smaller than a nanoprobe.

C) Replicators are impervious to nearly any energy based weapon.....including shields. They could kill borg drones. Even if the borg could 'adapt', the replicators could pass through their personal little adapting shieldy things and kill them the old fashioned way

D) Imagine what would happen if a single Human replicator stuck his hand into a borg's head? He'd probably instantly control the collective as if they were replicators.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X