This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Hyperspace Bombs Against Wraith/Enemies

If I remember correctly, a hyperspace window of any size can be opened. What would prevent the dedy from building a naquadah bomb/conventional nuke, which had a nose trigger (depress). They could make a hyperspace window, send the bomb through programmed somehow to enter directly into a hive ship's interior and when it re-materialized it would detonate. I'm sure they have the ability to fine tune hyperspace bomb-jumps like that. Heck they did it with an asteriod in SG-1. This would be effective against other enemies as well.

This plan would be a work-around to the problem with "beaming" the nukes aboard a Wraith ship. I think!

Am I crazy or is this possible, in their reality of course!

sounds a bit impossible but a good idea

Comment

It sounds plausible if McKay was smart enough to think of it. Mabey Zelenka will think of it. (Mckay thinks to big for this)
      I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

If they could do that then whats the point of the show? I mean why do you think the Wraith were able to pull a "countermeasure" of of their asses for beaming technology far superior to anything they've ever seen? (All Ancient and Wraith beaming tech is terminal to terminal.) Because we're not suposed to beat the main enemy of the series in Season 2.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
          If they could do that then whats the point of the show? I mean why do you think the Wraith were able to pull a "countermeasure" of of their asses for beaming technology far superior to anything they've ever seen? (All Ancient and Wraith beaming tech is terminal to terminal.) Because we're not suposed to beat the main enemy of the series in Season 2.
          It might not be the main enemy of the series. remember scifi has signed to do like six seasons

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by csand36
            remember scifi has signed to do like six seasons
            Really? I never knew that. Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that?

Comment

Originally posted by casenickles
              If I remember correctly, a hyperspace window of any size can be opened. What would prevent the dedy from building a naquadah bomb/conventional nuke, which had a nose trigger (depress). They could make a hyperspace window, send the bomb through programmed somehow to enter directly into a hive ship's interior and when it re-materialized it would detonate. I'm sure they have the ability to fine tune hyperspace bomb-jumps like that. Heck they did it with an asteriod in SG-1. This would be effective against other enemies as well.

This plan would be a work-around to the problem with "beaming" the nukes aboard a Wraith ship. I think!

Am I crazy or is this possible, in their reality of course!
              if they did do that, it would be later in the series

Comment

the idea is sound however the hyperspace engines would need to be extremly small i could see this happening in coming years if we can figure out how to use naquadria. actually this would work in our favor built a hyperdrive engine and make a small ship that would only carry the engine don't buff the engine and it will explode. now all u have to do is make sure it is used enough to get a big explosion and also be able to get it through the shield of the ship that u are attacking. however possible this maybe i think that it would be a bit too expensive for us to manufactor and trade for all the naquadria that would be needed to implement it.

Comment

If a bomb was to detonate in hyperspace who knows what would happen to the fabric of space time, you might accidentally destroy the universe... not a risk worth taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatazarian
                    If a bomb was to detonate in hyperspace who knows what would happen to the fabric of space time, you might accidentally destroy the universe... not a risk worth taking.
                    thats where the timing would come in ud just had to be sure that it went off after i exited hyperspace.
                    that and didn't the gate in redemption explode in hyperspace jack was flying and they but it in hyperspace right before the gate exploded i didn't see any ill effects from it goin off in hyperspace compared to space.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatazarian
                      in a warp drive (trek) probably, but ftl no

Comment

Yes I think you can detonate explosives in hyperspace just fine, the only thing affected in hyperspace by an explosion there, would be any other objects also in hyperspace that are in range of the explosion.

When Carter helped Thor/Asgard destroy a replicator ship, wasn't that replicator ship destroyed in hyperspace. The asgard ship entered hyperspace with the replicator ship following.

However, an explosion in hyperspace could affect regular space providing energy or matter from the hyperspace explosion exited hyperspace or deccelerated to a certain point. I could be wrong here but I seem to remember that there is some sort of minimum speed an object must be traveling to remain in hyperspace once it has entered it. Ether that or going slow in hyperspace poses human risk not to mention would defeat the purpose of using hyperspace to cover great distances.

I posed my original idea because I was thinking of ideas that Atlantis crew and SG-1 have used in the past to gain an advantage (even if for only short time). We've seen buildings beamed into space, etc. etc. etc. Given what we've seen from both shows, this to me seems to fit into an ep. or two perfectly.

On a side note I would have expected to hear about hyperspace communication by now as well. This we know is possible.

Comment

Another explanation is that we dont want the enemy(s) to know that it can be done or even give them the idea. They can accomplish it much better than we can.

For instance, you do that and get a few hive ships. The Wraith will be pissed and they know it'll work. If they build their own bombs and send them back the same way, we'd really wouldnt be able to stop them because their technology is higher than ours.

It's simply just giving them the idea. We dont want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                            Another explanation is that we dont want the enemy(s) to know that it can be done or even give them the idea. They can accomplish it much better than we can.

For instance, you do that and get a few hive ships. The Wraith will be pissed and they know it'll work. If they build their own bombs and send them back the same way, we'd really wouldnt be able to stop them because their technology is higher than ours.

It's simply just giving them the idea. We dont want it.
                            make an anti-hypespace bomb thing. Do you think hackes sit at their computers going, no im not sending this virs, othwise other people will know it can be done and use it against me

Comment

Well, you missed my second point completely.

The Wraith are technologically more advanced and smarter than us. They may create an antihyperspace bomb thing (something we might not be able to create) and use our weapons against ourselves.

Through natural selection, only the smartest hackers are still out there (the dumber ones are in jail). Your analogy is flawed because:
                              1. The Hackers are the Smarter People. (Whereas, the victims, the Wraith, are the smarter people)

Comment

Working...
                              X