PDA

View Full Version : The Wallace & Gromit Appreciation Thread

Hywel
October 1st, 2005, 04:45 AM
How many of us Gaters are fans of Wallace and Gromit? I don't know why, but I'm guessing that quite a number of you are. :p

What with the film coming out and all, I just thought we should have a place to discuss our favourite plasticine duo.

Which W&G has been your favourite so far? For me it's a toss-up between 'The Wrong Trousers' (brilliantly written, and the chase scene was inspired!) and 'A Close Shave' (how can you not love Shaun the sheep?).

So come on, I'm sure there's plenty of fans out there!

Flyboy
October 1st, 2005, 05:11 AM
For me it's BLATANTLY The Wrong Trousers, a perfect parrody of those old robbery films, witha train chase to boot!

iLemon
October 1st, 2005, 06:17 AM
I love W&G! :D It's been a while since I've seen it so I dont really remember much about it. Cant wait for the movie, anyone know the release date?

shovar
October 1st, 2005, 06:24 AM
going to see the movie in october half term with my friends! :D Can't wait!

maneth
October 29th, 2011, 05:38 AM
I think they're fabulous. Definitely some of my favorite animated movies.

shipper hannah
October 29th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Yay! Wallace & Gromit! :D

My favourite was always The Wrong Trousers.

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/762.$plit/C_71_article_1402106_image_list_image_list_item_1_image.jpg?21%2F12%2F2010%2012% 3A29%3A02%3A539

Penguin + glove = chicken. :lol:

Why is it folks across the pond don't seem to appreciate W&G? :(

Starfist
October 29th, 2011, 08:10 AM
For me.
My Favourite W&G film is... Grand Day Out.
The mice in sunglasses made me laugh.

'Crackin... Cheese Gromit...!'

Aeron
February 6th, 2012, 08:31 AM
The penguin in The Wrong Trousers scared me when I was a kid, but I can't remember why. I still lived it though! W&G introduced me to the wonders of Wensleydale though, so I'm forever grateful for.

shipper hannah
February 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM
The penguin is scary! He's evil, yet he never speaks and has no expressions.

ZRFTS
February 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Me; although I haven't watched W&G in a long time, I do remember bits and pieces of it and I do remember myself loving it.

*adds to a long list of rewatchs that need to be done*