Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many seasons of lost is there going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many seasons of lost is there going to be?

^umm...what the title say ^
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

I think I heard that they have the first five years mapped out. "Five" seems to be the magic number for show-planning. How true it is and how much of it is actually mapped out remains to be seen.

Let's just hope that Abrams isn't forced to abbreviate it or to make massive, ridiculous changes as he did with Alias.

Comment

Yeah I read four or five. I think five is the magic number for syndication, isn't it? The interview I read said that the producers felt they couldn't keep something like this (the story and the way it's told) going for more than four or five years.

Comment

Yeah, although the magic numbr 4 seems to show up a hell of alot in the show so, maybe it'll be the number on wich it will end.

Five bucks says the last episode of lost is called 'Found'

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I couldnt see the story going for 5 years.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I think that the cast has signed for 3 seasons. I remember reading it over at Yahoo! So I hope that they will renew their contracts after that otherwise seasons 4 and 5 won't see the light of day
            Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
            ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
            <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

As long as there's demand, popularity, and the producers think the show can go on, it will go on. Four or five seasons would seem likely.
              __

__

Comment

Thanks guys for the info

Comment

writers/creators said they have enough material for 6-7 seasons.
                  but it all depends on how much the show actually goes.

Comment

Shows that make it past 5 yrs is quite a feat IMO -- to be able to come up with new and interesting material can be difficult for writers I'd imagine. It'll be interesting to see how much content the writers can come up with and keep us fans wanting more. Being that the set is on an island, I think it's going to stretch the creativity side a lot. Unlike other shows where the set/location can change, there's less dynamics here.

For now, there's lots of questions unanswered and lots of speculation left to the viewers to decide. If the show can keep that aspect, I think it'll go a long ways -- let's hope that some of these questions/speculations can be answered later down the road; otherwise, it might be a turn off for some viewers.
                    Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

It'll go for 5 seasons. Because the producers will run out of ideas by then. Or maybe it's just me.
                      sigpic

Comment

5 seasons would be my guess too

Comment

I'm not sure. Season one lasted in island time like a month and a week. Perhaps five because then that'd be about six months which is a significant period of time...plus to magic show number thats you've already said about.

Comment

According to J.J. Abrahams on the DVD extras disc for season one, said that they scripted enough episodes and storyline for 5 or 6 seasons in about a months time.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I read an interview in the Radio Times (TV listing mag) with one of the writers and he said he could see the story spanning 8 years - i wasn't sure if that was 'island time' or real world.

That said I think the writers will have to start tieing stories up a bit more conclusively to keep people interested that long. There is only so long people will accept the various 'mysteries' being explained by something which is even more mysterious. Like a large part of season one being about the hatch, only to get in the hatch to find a man that says "i don't really know anything about it - i just do it"

I've a bad feeling the writers are making the story almost too big, too wierd, to ever wrap up satisfactorily. Like i mentioned in another thread, if these people are being brought together intentionally, many are on the plane of their own 'free will' or as a result of long long stories and circumstance spanning many years to bring them to the point of catching the same plane. If theres an external force guiding them making them make these choices, it can't realistically be man made in anyway or linked to the islands 'special powers' - you are talking 'God' type influences here (and the day they announce that is the day i stop watching, as it just the biggest cop out ever, it basically just means anything goes and we don't really have to explain anything, as we can just say God can make whatever he likes happen)

Hurleys 'numbers' too, is another example, how can any real world, agency/manmade thing make all those bad things happen, or the same numbers crop up so many times in different guises through there series?

Don't get me wrong, I do find myself drawn to the series every week, but it infuriates me and intrigues me in about equal amounts. I just think they need to stop being as 'mysterious/wierd' and tie some lose ends up, giving it more of a 'that might just be possible' feel. I kind of need the conclusion to be something that could be worked out if you watch closely enough. At the moment it feels like they are just throwing stuff in at random, and then they are happy to say "ooooo that was a spooky thing" without justifying it in any way.

Wow - didn't mean that to be a rant guess I just had a lot of stuff to get off my chest.

Comment

Working...
                              X