This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th Doctor

Well, I'm watching Peter Davison's turn as Dr Who on Australian telly at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. He's adorable and very sweet. Like Pertwee, he adds an emotional layer to his portrayal of the Doctor.

Just finished the Arc of Infinity story and wondered the whole time where Leela was...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    Well, I'm watching Peter Davison's turn as Dr Who on Australian telly at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. He's adorable and very sweet. Like Pertwee, he adds an emotional layer to his portrayal of the Doctor.

Just finished the Arc of Infinity story and wondered the whole time where Leela was...
    So you beat creed462 to it.

Davison brought vulnerability and fallibility to his character. I always thought his character was short-changed in the writing aspect of his tenure...too many stories were under par, but I really enjoyed his character...and Nyssa and Turlough as well.

Comment

She was hiding in pure terror from Leonard Sachs' terrible acting.

Comment

I've always like the fifth doctor. He had some of my favorite traveling companions and his relationship with them was more a partnership than any of the others. I especially love the Turlough's first episodes, though the Black Guardian could have been better. Honestly, how scary can you be with feathers on your head?
        "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Hehe, I had a big crush on Peter when he was the doctor, well it started when he was in All creatures great and small and just continued to the Doctor.

I liked his portrayal very youthful and heartfelt. When they did the Five Doctors I thought he was brillant, I thought that whole story was brilliant. Shame we will not see it here during these re-runs.

I loved the outfit the Celery sure it's cheesy but it's also fun. He continued with the hat wearing too.

Can someone tell me when he first incounters the Daleks (I haven't missed it have I?) Loved him with the Cybermen.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            Can someone tell me when he first incounters the Daleks (I haven't missed it have I?) Loved him with the Cybermen.
            Although the Daleks appeared in The Five Doctors, Peter's Doctor didn't encounter them until Resurrection of the Daleks, Season 21. It's already been released on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
              So you beat creed462 to it.

Davison brought vulnerability and fallibility to his character. I always thought his character was short-changed in the writing aspect of his tenure...too many stories were under par, but I really enjoyed his character...and Nyssa and Turlough as well.
              I did give it a suitable waiting time before jumping in...

She was hiding in pure terror from Leonard Sachs' terrible acting.
              Leela and hiding in one sentence?! An oxymoron if I ever heard one. Maybe she killed him and was condemned to death...

He was kinda cute... one of the few men who could match her in er... stature...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

He's one of my favourite doctors. Just a shame he had to put up with some less than great scripts and that outfit.

Comment

Did you know he was the first doctor to have the ? on his costume it was on his collars .
                  He was an ok Doctor but I just found him not as great as say Tom Baker or Sylvester McCoy. There was something missing but I think its just cos I think they portrayed him too youthfull. Turlough was great (Black Guardian Saga was the first set of episodes I saw in a group together after seeing Trial of a Timelord) but my fave companion is Chameleon because he can change appearance and bvoice how you want him to although its a shame he only appeard in 2 eps .
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Tom Baker has the question marks on his collar in his later seasons. I wish they'd never introduced them into the costume. It looks stupid.

Comment

I think theyre great. Adds more mystery
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I did give it a suitable waiting time before jumping in...

Leela and hiding in one sentence?! An oxymoron if I ever heard one. Maybe she killed him and was condemned to death...

He was kinda cute... one of the few men who could match her in er... stature...
                        Leonard Sachs played Borusa in Arc of Infinity.

Andred (played by Chris Tranchell) did a much better job, believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
                          Tom Baker has the question marks on his collar in his later seasons. I wish they'd never introduced them into the costume. It looks stupid.
                          JNT...great logistical producer and publicist...not so great costume designer, script commissioner, or acting coach...

Despite his flaws...still gotta love him.

Comment

Liked this Doctor think he suffered from having to many companions, one on one works for me (did he peak at four or five at one stage?)

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                              Leonard Sachs played Borusa in Arc of Infinity.

Andred (played by Chris Tranchell) did a much better job, believe me.
                              Oh... okay... I thought you were referring to the fella she stayed behind for... Whose name escapes me at present...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X