No announcement yet.

You Know You're A Gate Head When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I'm not sure if this means you're a gate head, you're generally a fan or you're simply nuts, but you know you're one of the above when...
    • you type "Stargate" so often that you realize it's one of the few words you can type only using your left hand... and think it's really cool!

• you call your mom everytime SG is on just to make sure she watches

• you feel compelled to post at least once a day on GateWorld

• your first 3 bookmarks are all Stargate-related

• along with your own, you read the horoscope of the Stargate actors (and/or characters - if you know their birthdates)

• your motto is no longer "carpe diem" but LTS (life's too short)

Comment

Originally posted by trinity1013
      Okay, I'm not sure if this means you're a gate head, you're generally a fan or you're simply nuts, but you know you're one of the above when...
      oh, definately ALL of the above

Comment

oh i've a few for ya.

You know you're a gatehead when...

you and your mother actually have a discussion on the pro's and cons of the different ships used on SG-1...

that when you see someone from SG-1 on something else you point excitedly and try to figure out which character they played if its not so obvious to begin with...

if you and your parental units go back and forth quoting lines to each other...

If you and your parents actually promise each other a Danielbot, Jackbot or Carterbot for christmas...

If you actually claim to have a Danielbot...
        -you know your crazy right?
        -...yes
        -ok just checking

-I'm only as paranoid as the voices in my head say i am.

Me and My Danielbot live in a cabin by the woods...

there's something fishy about our new puppy...

Comment

when you say ah, ish, oh and i got nothing every time you talk

Comment

- You laughed at Teal'C's joke.

- You look for Naquadah and Trinium on the periodic table.

- You wrote a 20,000 word thesis on Wormhole Physics for Year 12 Science.

- Every other week you ring up the Air Force and ask to speak with Colonel Jack O'Neill (two Ls).

- You've been to every high school in Colorado Springs, looking for a smart-assed teenager called Jack who looks like Michael Welch.

- You've bought a GI Joe and a Major Matt Mason...for yourself.

Comment

You know when you:
              - are talking in a conversation and here a 6 syllable word and try to figure out what gate address it is

- see a large ring (arch normally) in the street and start looking for a DHD

- think that the nearest RAF base has a Stargate

- start humming a Stargate theme tune anywhere

- start getting wanting a Zat to get home in time for stargate

- shout out 'for crying out loud' like O'Neill

- everything that is printed has Stargate somewhere in it

- you say your name and say 2 l's at the end with three fingers

I could go on forever, I think of some more

Comment

You Know You're A Gate Head When
                -your school prodjects have somthing to do with stargate
                -your nicknames consist of Gateguy and P90
                -Your friends sugest you get a new hobby
                -you go through depression when you miss an episode
                -You plan to name your kids Sam, Jack, Dan, George, Jannet, and Teal'k
                sigpic

Comment

when you create a thread called You Know your a gate head when...

lol
                  Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                  McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Good one
                    Originally posted by Steam
                    when you create a thread called You Know your a gate head when...

lol
                    sigpic

Comment

..... you thought the stage for the Superbowl pre-game show was a REALLY poor attempt to make a stargate. *did anyone else notice this too?*

LOL I must be a major wacko gatehead!!

Comment

You drive through one of the many tunnels in your city and imagine its' like going though the gate!!

Comment

You write about Stargate theories in the back of your Maths A Level answer booklet.
                          The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                          The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                          Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                          Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                          Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

you know the words to the stargate theme tune ( from season 4 directors commentary )

and if you have the DVD's you've watched the eps as many times with and with out the director commentary on, not to mettion watching all the bonus features as much as the eps

(and this really really happened to me so be nice)

when the only reason (slight exageration) why you go on the trip of a life time to NASA texas for 10 days (missing two eps of SG-1) is because you think you may discover a secret room where the stargate/X 302/3 is hidden or overhear a quiet conversation where 'sierra gulf charlie' feature heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by sk023
                              You drive through one of the many tunnels in your city and imagine its' like going though the gate!!
                              That works really well if you're a passenger and you look up at the lights and like cross your eyes.

You say "I want to live! I want to experience the universe! I want to eat pie" so many times that people expect it from you.

Your friends (who have never seen Stargate) have heard you talk about it so many times begin conversations with other people that watch Stargate.
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo
                                when the only reason (slight exageration) why you go on the trip of a life time to NASA texas for 10 days (missing two eps of SG-1) is because you think you may discover a secret room where the stargate/X 302/3 is hidden or overhear a quiet conversation where 'sierra gulf charlie' feature heavily.
                                i found that so amusing and something that i can imagine doing myself.
                                sigpic muppet the ship puppy is hoping for some good ship
                                Hoping for some kisses and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X