• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire- Cherry Producing New SF Pilot

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32636

Cherry Producing New SF Pilot

Mark Cherry, who created the Emmy award-winning series Desperate Housewives, is working on a new SF pilot for ABC along with Don Mancini, creator of the horror franchise Child's Play, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Cherry, who will executive-produce the new series, described the one-hour suspense drama as Touched by an Angel meets Quantum Leap.

The show, titled Kill Switch, centers on a woman who is executed for killing her daughter's murderer and then enters a sort of purgatory, wherein every week she finds herself in the body of someone about to be killed. It's up to her to figure out who the murderer will be and prevent it from happening, the trade paper reported. "Instead of a whodunit, it's a who-will-do-it," Cherry said.

Mancini, who is writing the pilot and will also executive-produce, told the trade paper he took the project to Cherry because its sensibility was similar to Desperate Housewives. "The tone isn't exactly like Desperate Housewives" he said. "But it has humor and wit in it. [It] seemed like something in his wheelhouse."
    sigpic

Interesting concept - not my cup of tea though
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Sounds pretty stupid to me. More like Law & Order from the victim's POV. Thanks, but no. I'll stick with my old copies of Brimstone. And maybe some day I can see the Collector....

Comment

Actually it sounds a whole lot like "Tru Calling."

Comment

Cherry, who will executive-produce the new series, described the one-hour suspense drama as Touched by an Angel meets Quantum Leap.
          What the...?

Does that mean Della Reese will be leaping from body to body with the help of Dean Stockwell? Actually, that sounds like an idea for a bad sitcom.

I don't think I'll be watching this. The concept is...different. But it certainly sounds rather repetitve. She'll leap into a body, stop the murder, and everyone will learn something. I suspect it would get rather old after a few episodes. I'm rather tired of formulaic crime-solving (or preventing, as it were) programs. Still, if Al shows up with Ziggy maybe I'd tune in.

Comment

Working...
          X