Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to see the prommie get whacked?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants to see the prommie get whacked?

It's such an ugly ship it doesn't even deserve to exist except for the prototyping phase of the project. It should be decommisioned and stripped of its materials, like the alloys 302's and a bunch of other stuff i cant think of. All that would go towards creating new daedalus class battlecruisers.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Oh yeah right because we are in a position to decomission 50% of our current fleet
    Spoiler:
    soon to be 33%
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by csand36
      It's such an ugly ship it doesn't even deserve to exist except for the prototyping phase of the project. It should be decommisioned and stripped of its materials, like the alloys 302's and a bunch of other stuff i cant think of. All that would go towards creating new daedalus class battlecruisers.
      UGLY?
      prommie's a classic -- not ugly

don’t listen to the mean poster prommie I still think you’re beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
        Hmm..talking to a ship
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

The prommie is cool as Qasim stated its 50% of our current fleet...but thats not all...prommie represents Earths big (premature) jump into intersteller travel...the prommie shows how far we advanced in 9 years...its shows how determined we were to protect our planet..our way of life...
          (I was going o say more but i forgot what i was goin to say lol)
          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
            UGLY?
            prommie's a classic -- not ugly

Poor prommie.
            I stand with Prommie!!!!
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'd like to decomission all the ships. One thing which made SG1 stand out for me was that it HAD no ships. It wasn't a clone of Trek or all those other SF series that did. It had this big spinny thing they used to travel to other planets with instead. Cool! Way more exciting.

Also, now that they have ships, it makes life way easier than it used to be. No more pinned down on a planet and in deep doodoo because the gate's malfunctioned. Nope, now you can just get one of the ships to fly there and rescue your butt instead.
              Spoiler:
              I believe this happens in a yet to be seen S9 episode...
              Boo! Hiss! Where's the fun in that? Spoilsports.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I for one do not want the prommie to get (whacked), i love that ship.
                My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Whack Prometheus, are you crazy. Hell no. It was our first real space ship, missiles aside. I hope that ship continues on for a long time to come. And if it ever does meet its end, I hope it does as much damage as it can on the way out.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

right now its the only ship that is in the milky way since the dedy is always going back and forth to altantis so to take it away would make no pratical sense.

Comment

it still has it's uses

Comment

Hm....I have to admit, i have some mixed feelings about this, if the Prommie got whacked, Earth would be pretty much defenceless (unless they attacked when the Daedalus was on home ground) What would they have? F-302s...that's it. Maybe a missle or two that would most likely get shot down. LOL.

How do you do spoiler tags?

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                          How do you do spoiler tags?
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...faq_spoilertag
                          love Torri

Comment

I love the prommie and it aint ugly, it's original. It's a great ship that's got us out of sum sticky situations, if it had better weapons it wuld be a superb ship. Altho I fear for it's future.

Comment

I wouldn´t mind it being destroyed if it served a valid point in the storyline. This is a military ship and sometimes in battles those tend to get blown up.

I do not see any reason for it to be de-commissioned at this time, perhaps once the USA has 4-5 more Daedalus class ships or find´s that it can no longer crew the ship then it would be ok for the Prometheus to be retired.

Comment

Working...
                              X