Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMDB Style database?

Originally posted by David
    Darren has been proposing an IMDb-style database, separate from the Omnipedia, for the Web site.
    So what exactly is this?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Originally posted by Qasim
    So what exactly is this?
    I'll take a guess and say that the database will include: Names of Writers, Directors, Producers, Guest (and Special Guest) stars, and cast members.
    sigpic

Comment

That sounds really great. I look forward to seeing it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        So what exactly is this?
        Just check out www.imdb.com. However, you really can't copy the exact format of the database. I'm sure IMDB would not be thrilled.

Comment

Thing is IMDB rarely shows pictures. I like pictures.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

IMO this can only make a great site greater.

Comment

Definitely there has to be pictures. The more the merrier.
              All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
              Pay it forward

Comment

Yet Darren and co have stayed away from this thread

Comment

The primary reason we have not embarked on this type of project is the fact that there is insufficient manpower to get it done. Sure, we may have folks raise their hand and say they'd want to do it, but believe me, there is a very different reality awaiting you when you get 50 hours into a project. It is uncanny the number of folks who will agree to a task, and then just up and dissapear when they inevitably get bored. (Seen any episode reviews lately?)

Comment

No I havent

Comment

It would make for quite an invaluable information source. How much information have you done? I might be interesting in doing some writing and directing credits for the first season later.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by David
                        The primary reason we have not embarked on this type of project is the fact that there is insufficient manpower to get it done. Sure, we may have folks raise their hand and say they'd want to do it, but believe me, there is a very different reality awaiting you when you get 50 hours into a project. It is uncanny the number of folks who will agree to a task, and then just up and dissapear when they inevitably get bored. (Seen any episode reviews lately?)
                        Not my style David - I don't volunteer for tasks unless I'm willing to do the work...I know how annoying that is from my own point of view as a webmaster...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                          It would make for quite an invaluable information source. How much information have you done? I might be interesting in doing some writing and directing credits for the first season later.
                          I am currently working on something like this in my spare time, it’s at a early stage at the moment the problem I have is getting the information that accurate and reliable.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                            I am currently working on something like this in my spare time, it’s at a early stage at the moment the problem I have is getting the information that accurate and reliable.
                            Yeah, IMDB isn't exactly the most reliable of sources...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

This would definitely take a lot of work to make something like this and ensuring that the information is as accurate as possible also adds to the difficulty in the task + the amount of time needed to gather the info as well.
                              Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Working...
                              X