Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw a Firefly in Battlestar

I just saw a Firefly in Battlestar.
    It was in the mini-series in the first scene with Roslin and the shot starts looking out a window and several ships are flying by. The Firefly is on the left and it is landing. Its tail is a bit different as if it is open, as it would be if they were about to go fast and the tail would glow.
    The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
    Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
    Wash: It did seem to resemble-
    Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Been mentioned before
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

They do use the shaky camera technique in BSG, like in Firefly although it doesn't work as well in BSG since there are so many ships involved and it's easy to get confused by all the stuff happening while Firefly generally have only two ships so no matter how shaky the camera is you can pretty much see the ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
        They do use the shaky camera technique in BSG, like in Firefly although it doesn't work as well in BSG since there are so many ships involved and it's easy to get confused by all the stuff happening while Firefly generally have only two ships so no matter how shaky the camera is you can pretty much see the ships.
        It's only on screen for about 2 seconds. But it is filmed like a documentary.
        The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
        Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
        Wash: It did seem to resemble-
        Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

I'd heard that but I've never seen it. I haven't had a chance to rewatch the mini in a while. I'll def look for it though when I get my DVDs.

Comment

SCREENSHOT'D!

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
              The same effects studio that did Firefly does the CG for Galactica.

a time to mourn

Comment

Shaky cam is the sole reason i don't watch BSG, firfly i noticed it a couple of times, but it's not even close to as bad as BSG....makes me wanna hurt the shaky cams, why ruin a good storey with shaky cam, why, why, why, why, why...*continues on like this for some time*

This has been another Firefly post by ~Ascended Times.2~

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

To obtain an immersive and immediate feel, the episodes were filmed in a documentary style with hand-held cameras, giving them the look of "found footage", with deliberately misframed or out-of-focus subjects. As Whedon related: "...don't be arch, don't be sweeping—be found, be rough and tumble and docu[mentary] and you-are-there."

Computer-generated scenes mimicked the motion of a hand-held camera. This style was not used, however, when shooting scenes that involved the central government, the Alliance. Tracking and steady cameras were used to show the sterility of this aspect of the Firefly universe.[10] Another style employed was lens flares, hearkening to 1970s television. This style was so desired that the director of photography, David Boyd, sent back the cutting-edge lenses, which reduced lens flare, for cheaper ones.

Comment

In Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, which Joss did a couple years ago, there is a model of Serenity hanging in the window of Dr. Horrible's "lair" when he does his blog posts. Apparently they used some guys basement for those scenes and he had it hanging there and they just left it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X