Clear All

The Enquirer: SG-1 Season Opener a Must See

From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...709tvbest.html

Friday, July 9, 2004
    TV Best

Gannett News Service

Must-see

Stargate: SG-1 season-opener, 9-11 p.m., Sci Fi Channel.

Life is tough when you're surrounded by schemers and the only blithe soul is frozen in Antarctica.

That's how things start tonight. All the ancient knowledge is wedged into the head of Jack O'Neill, who can't be safely thawed out.

The only hope is for Major Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) and Teal'c (Christopher Judge) to head into space. There, a wise Asgard alien might help - unless an evil Goa'uld gets there first.

If that sounds thick and complex - well, it really is. Stargate has had a movie and seven cable seasons (on Showtime and Sci Fi) to pile up the lore.

So don't worry about the details. Simply settle back and enjoy this transitional episode.

Some scenes show a common fantasy flaw: The heroes and villains have such all-powerful gadgets and skills that nothing is involving.

There are some fine moments, though, including mind-bending scenes for Tapping.

That helps set up the final scene giving Stargate its next problem.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks, Morjana! Great item!

Comment

You're welcome!

Just 24 hours and 21 minutes to go...

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

LOL I do suppose you're right. I was going to go on a date with a friend but then I remembered I had yet to pay sacrifice to the premiere

Comment

Thankfully my social calendar is empty so I don't have to worry about missing Stargate...or maybe my social calendar is empty because of Stargate. Either way the relationship works...it's for the best.

Comment

You're quick, Morjana, very quick.
            I actually get the real paper Cincinnati Enquirer delivered to my house, around 6:00am. I read the "must see" SG-1 article around 7:30am, and later find it's been available on the forum since yesterday at 10:55pm.
            Amazing!
            Slainte
            "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Wow,that's what I call dedication ,on Morjana's part,Slainte !
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Morjanas been posting left and right, and maybe sometimes up and down all these reviews, interviews, and such, Morjana is like 'superperson' haha...
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Yes...many thanks, Morjana! Your poor eyes must be glazing over from all the reposted wire stories, but you've shared some gems here!
                  Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                  O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                  - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                  - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                  once done, cannot be undone...
                  brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                  X