Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Wraith at a technological stand still? (Spoilers inside)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Wraith at a technological stand still? (Spoilers inside)

I have not seen anything the Wraith has was a Anicent Version out there. They share technolgical similarities but at the same time they are less advance. They both have onboard DND, Gate sized craft and large ships with hyperdrives.

THe Wriath hyperdrives require perodic stops in Normal space, for "cool downs" No such problem is present on asgard Hyperdrives, even SG-1 old foes (all of them we have seen) Have no such problem.

The only time when this happened was When the Prometheus was equiped with a Hyperdrive from a much smaller ship. We also know that the Hyperdrive ships can create extremely large Hyperspace windows for a very short duration if needed.

If the Crew of the Aurora had the know-how to create a Intergalatic hyperdrive, why was the information not in the computer & why was it not the 1st thing taken? Creative Insight for its devleopment process? The fact it was an undertaken effort indicates some lvl of sucess was possible.

In Lost boys, 2 things struck me. While they take such a huge leap in physcial abilities, Fords reactions and tactics in Season 2 makes senes when you consider his higher-brain functions have shut down to a certain extent due to the lvl of stress his body is under. Look at how easily fooled he was by Mackay. Are the Wraith suffering from something similar?

So are the wriath incapable of devleoping new technologies, or have the ability to be creative being removed from them?

Originally posted by Deckker
    So are the wriath incapable of devleoping new technologies ?
    They don't need new technology (well, they didn't, since they are so many awaken, it's a little different): they are alone and in a dominant position in Pegasus.
    Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

So a race would not be interested in reducing the comsumption of energy or increase the yeild of the food supply? Those are goals we would undertake anyday.

Comment

yeah they really only need the tech they have now to feed and thats really all they want, and ofcoarse destroy atlantis and would have without us having the zpm

Comment

So a race would not be interested in reducing the comsumption of energy or increase the yeild of the food supply?
          Of course they are, but they do it slowly (remember they sleep a lot !). They live in peace since 10 000 years ("in peace" means "no in war" with someone, or something, who can theaten them. For the others inhabitants of Pegasus, it's an other problem). Think that a lot of descoveries of our world were done in war time (missiles, radar...).
          But now they know Earth, I think this technological slumber is going to end.

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

but you would think that theyd want to upgrade their hyperdrive nomater what and theyve had 10,000 years to do it and what have they achieved

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
              but you would think that theyd want to upgrade their hyperdrive nomater what and theyve had 10,000 years to do it and what have they achieved
              From what I learn in "The lost boys", they have a very big problem. They are all awaken (or almost) but Pegasus is too small to sustain them, and they can't escape (they think Atlantis Gate is destoyed and they can't leave using hyperspace). So what can they do ?
              If they could sleep, they would do it. So they must escape to this far feeding ground called Earth. To do that, they need to design a new and very effective hyperdrive, but it will probably be to late.
              Die now and bring all Pegasus with them in the death, or spend their remaining time to build a hyperdrive they won't use. I think we don't know enough of their way of life to answer this question.

Comment

Originally posted by Pamplemousse of France
                Of course they are, but they do it slowly (remember they sleep a lot !). They live in peace since 10 000 years ("in peace" means "no in war" with someone, or something, who can theaten them. For the others inhabitants of Pegasus, it's an other problem). Think that a lot of descoveries of our world were done in war time (missiles, radar...).
                But now they know Earth, I think this technological slumber is going to end.
                Yes!!! your right those lazy pigs...

I personal see advacement occurs when there is a goal, more than the threat of war. A lot of technologies we have now are the direct result of the Cold war(which is not really a war) and THe Apollo space program.

An Effort to achieve a certain goal, not the efforts of war. I do not think the pencil was invented under the threat of war.

Comment

I personal see advacement occurs when there is a goal
                  Are you sure of that ? For the pencil and the Apollo program, I agree. But see the pollution. Solve it is a common goal, everybody is agree to save the world, but no one act.

Comment

Thats a very valid point you brought up. I honsetly can't put a good answer to counter that.

I somehow think the wraith are unable to devlop any signficant new technology.

Comment

Thats a very valid point you brought up. I honsetly can't put a good answer to counter that.

I somehow think the wraith are unable to devlop any signficant new technology.
                      it makes sense that they would try to get the ancients to build them an better hyperspace drive so that they could actually get somewhere other than thier galaxy. i would think that thier hyperspace engines would have gotten an upgrade by now so they didn't have to stop all the time so maybe they had a middle ages type deal where they went after thier scientist, so they haven't had any advancement do to them being set in the old days. this would also help prove a division among wraith that they have been fighting amongst themselves instead of trying to improve thier tech. also since they have to hybernate for soo long this could lead to them not being able to work on new technologies for very long. also they could be more focused on a way to seed life on more planets so that they have a larger feeding ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Pamplemousse of France
                        Are you sure of that ? For the pencil and the Apollo program, I agree. But see the pollution. Solve it is a common goal, everybody is agree to save the world, but no one act.
                        There have been a TON of pollution reducing "advancements". What are you talking about? Its not like NOTHING is being done. Fuel cell cars are going to be out a few years. I would imagine once they are cheap and catch on it would do quite a bit in reducing air pollution.

EDIT: that and nuclear power would effectively end our dependence on fossil fuels.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                          There have been a TON of pollution reducing "advancements". What are you talking about? Its not like NOTHING is being done. Fuel cell cars are going to be out a few years. I would imagine once they are cheap and catch on it would do quite a bit in reducing air pollution.

EDIT: that and nuclear power would effectively end our dependence on fossil fuels.
                          i totally agree with u here. also with the hydrogen cars and other new inventions there needs to be a infastructure in place inorder for mass consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478

Yes, I can't say nothing is done, but if the goal was the build a powerful bomb, it would go faster. Maybe it's not very optimistic, but our civilisation is like that: money first, Earth second.

Comment

A bomb does not need a multi-billion dollar network of roads, power supply, trained teams and so forth.

Money 1st Earth scond, Very true, but it has being proven with all these new technologies that being enviromentally friendly is very possbile while saving money.

I think their Hibernation prevents any pro-long research program from happening. They have proven to be cunning foes, which equal intelligence in tactics and reasonsing.

Comment

Working...
                              X