This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th Doctor - Tom Baker

Ok Guys here the big one. What are your thoughts on Tom Baker or the Doctor hinself.

As for myself this is where I started watching, Love it he is my Favorite.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Originally posted by creed462
    Ok Guys here the big one. What are your thoughts on Tom Baker or the Doctor hinself.

As for myself this is where I started watching, Love it he is my Favorite.
    Tom Baker became a cult icon in America and was mainly responsible for the show's success there. In America, casual viewers know him as THE Doctor.

Comment

Seven years...need I say more?

He is by far one of my favorite Doctors (though I still have a soft spot for the seventh!) His acting is so comical and yet he could be amazingly serious when at times. He has such a wide range of acting talent that it really allowed the show to exand.
      "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

He created a very quirky alien character, who reacted very unpredictably, was able to lull and distract opponents, be whimsical and silly or brooding and moody, yet retained an unexpected gravitas and authority.

Comment

He was my first doctor... comical and off with the fairies... He often gave people the impression that he wasn't altogether there which was fun. Sort of the Columbo of Dr Who...
          Of all his interactions with various companions, I enjoyed his time with Leela the most. They were such opposites and he was forever telling her not to kill someone...
          What happened to the jelly babies, I wonder...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            I think Romana snatched them just before she left.

Comment

Definatly my fave Doctor he had everything. Scarf , Jellybabies, K-9, more Jellybabies, Sonic Screwdriver man the list goes on and on.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                He was my first doctor... comical and off with the fairies... He often gave people the impression that he wasn't altogether there which was fun. Sort of the Columbo of Dr Who...
                Of all his interactions with various companions, I enjoyed his time with Leela the most. They were such opposites and he was forever telling her not to kill someone...
                Yep his enemies didn't take him seriously, and when he pull the strings of his trap they wished they had.

Comment

TB will always be 'my' Doctor...even though I remember watching the earlier Doctor's, TB was the one I recall watching regularly, and being old enough to understand what was going on.

I was watching 'Monarch of the Glen' tonight (a UK show) and he's in it again, he hasn't lost one bit of his screen presence at all....even with the grey hair, the voice is still captivating.

Comment

I bought Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior for the PS2 because he did the narration. Apart from that, the game is a waste of money.

Comment

Did you know that you could get Doctor Who warhammer. I saw it in a model shop the other week and they had bessie and the whomobile. They also had a bunch of autons and UNit troops.

Comment

Is the next DVD that's coming out the one where the doctor with this is a fake on the Mona Lisa's before the enemy forces D'vince to paint more?

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                          Is the next DVD that's coming out the one where the doctor with this is a fake on the Mona Lisa's before the enemy forces D'vince to paint more?
                          Yes. City of Death.

Also, Claws of Axos is being released with Jon Pertwee and Katy Manning.

Both are due out November 1st.

Comment

I thought Claws of Axos was going to be released earlier as it was reviewed like 3 months ago in DWM (Im Getting Subscribed !!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                              I thought Claws of Axos was going to be released earlier as it was reviewed like 3 months ago in DWM (Im Getting Subscribed !!!)
                              I was talking about the Region 1 (U.S./Canada) version. The U.S. and Canada, the U.K., Australia, and New Zealand are all on different schedules.

Comment

Working...
                              X