PDA

View Full Version : Stargate: Horizon Fan Fiction

NoDot
September 29th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Does anyone know where I can find some Stargate: Horizon fan fiction?

(Yea, I noticed; it's a silly concept, but it's also a legitimate question.)

Alex Rubit
September 29th, 2005, 04:53 PM
You mean fan fiction based on a virtual series. As far as I know there's no such thing yet, but it's an interesting concept definitely. If someone wanted to write "unofficial" stories, using Horizon and its characters, that would be quite interesting and pretty flattering I must say. ;)

There's no problem with doing that, by the way, as long as it's made clear it's not part of the series cannon (meaning the actual episodes wouldn't have to pick up on something mentioned in one of the "unofficial" stories), which probably would be obvious, since I imagine it wouldn't be written in script format. I never considered such a thing, but it would definitely be interesting. I guess it depends on whether or not anyone would be interested in doing that.

NoDot
September 30th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I was wondering if anyone had already made any and released it.

Yes, it's an interesting concept, that's a certainty.

Now, anyone know of any?

SierraGulf1
October 1st, 2005, 08:57 AM
That we know of, there are none. Or at least, that I know of.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 1st, 2005, 09:35 AM
Wouldnt surprise me if we got some eventually.

jebus
October 5th, 2005, 11:08 PM

Ahhh!!! Too many levels of fan fiction!!!!!

That would b fanfiction based of a vitual series that is fanfiction based off the tv series Stargate, which really is a fanfiction based off of the movie!

Elite Anubis Guard
October 6th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Lol, it's all very complicated ey.

NoDot
October 6th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Sticky?

Reyclou
October 22nd, 2005, 09:46 PM

:eek:

Don't you DARE get those plot bunnies hopping... I'm already chained to WordPad as it is...

SierraGulf1
October 23rd, 2005, 05:42 AM
Haven't quite seen any FF yet, though it'd be interesting. They'd probably be similar to a normal ep, just not as canon.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 23rd, 2005, 07:04 AM
Cannon for a non-cannon fanfiction....confusion ey.

NoDot
October 23rd, 2005, 09:19 AM
Not as much as you might think.

Sticky?I reiterate.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 23rd, 2005, 10:01 AM
Why sticky it? There are no fanfictions of it.

Alex Rubit
October 23rd, 2005, 10:23 AM
The difference would be that it would be not cannon within the series. I think it would also be different from a normal episode in that it wouldn't be a teleplay format and structure (at least I think it wouldn't), which makes a difference in how a story is put together. I'd be curious to see this actually. I wonder how well people would be able to capture the character voices.

Sorry, I forgot to reply to the sticky request. The reason this isn't a stick is really that as long as there isn't any fan fiction, there's not much reason for it. The sticky threads all contain important information of some kind, they might answer some questions, or they're threads with important announcements. Otherwise we'd just have a tone of sticky threads.

Now, once we have links to some Horizon fan fiction, and it's out there, it would be a whole different story. ;)

NoDot
October 23rd, 2005, 04:43 PM
Now, once we have links to some Horizon fan fiction, and it's out there, it would be a whole different story. ;)I'll get hunting, then.

NoDot
October 30th, 2005, 08:13 AM
'Tis a good day for Horizon; a good day indeed.

Fearsome Discovery (www.geocities.com/nodot1989/Stargate-Fanfiction/SGH-Fearsome_Discovery.rtf)

How OOC was I?

Elite Anubis Guard
October 30th, 2005, 08:40 AM
You wrote that?

NoDot
October 30th, 2005, 08:55 AM
You wrote that?Yep. "NoDot" is my Global User Name (oddly enough, "G.U.N."). If you see a "NoDot," odds are it's me.

Alex Rubit
October 30th, 2005, 09:21 PM
This is great. Who knows, maybe this will be taking off. It would be interesting to see what kind of stories people will be coming up with.

NoDot
October 31st, 2005, 12:08 PM
Once again, there're no comments as to the story itself???

Elite Anubis Guard
November 1st, 2005, 08:29 AM
Not actually much to comment on, its a short chapter.

NoDot
November 1st, 2005, 11:42 AM
Not actually much to comment on, its a short chapter.Don't even dare! I'm still realing somewhat from the results of Thinking.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 1st, 2005, 12:24 PM
Oh god...oh god..oh god..I offended him.

NoDot
November 1st, 2005, 05:46 PM
Oh god...oh god..oh god..I offended him.Apparently, cutting out my first line wasn't a good choice. Originally, there was a first line of: "That's all there is..." or something to that effect. "Don't even dare!" meant, "Don't make me start writing another long series!"

Don't you read the SG-1 Archive Forum's General FanFiction section? Those of you who don't wouldn't understand what I'm talking about. Even those who do probably don't know too much.

Futura
November 1st, 2005, 06:49 PM
Be cool to see, Stargate Horizion have a fan piction section where fans have written their short storeis about the now series.