This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG Season 2 DVD Set Dec 20th Release Date

TV Shows on DVD is reporting Universal is releasing a 3-Disc (single sided) DVD set of the 1st half of BSG Season 2 (10 episodes) this December 20, 2005. Click on the link for more information.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
    DVD set of the 1st half of BSG Season 2 (10 episodes)
    ...half season meh, I think that I will be waiting for the full season two box set

Comment

Aye - also no indication if this release contains the extended version of episode 210 Pegasus.

Comment

Won't be getting it. For starter i want the complete season 2 and second, this set is too expensice. Over 40$ for 10 epis. No thx.
        sigpic

Comment

?? Who would honestly buy half a season worth of episodes? It's like buying the theatrical version of LOTR....just wait another 4 months for the extended edition to come out and you get 4x more.

Comment

Originally posted by wessock
            Agreed. When I read this news I got kind of mad. The whole season set should cost under $50. Now they are going to try and get people to pay double? They better not try this crap with Stargate too. The release date also kind of sucks. Only 4 days before X-mas kind of cuts it close to get from the cheaper online retailers.
            NBC/Universal owns BSG, whereas Sony/MGM owns Stargate, so I don't think we have to worry about them doing this with Stargate. I'm more worried about what this means for BSG complete box set, if it is $50 for half a season, that probably means its going to be $100 for the complete second season and that's one of the reasons I refuse to by Startrek dvd's. Stargate is pretty reasonably priced, $50 per season but anything more I think it getting to be too much.

Comment

I know I won't buy it. I'll wait for the full season, because I doubt you'll be able to just buy the second half, so you'll actually be buying the first half twice if you get it now.
              sigpic

Comment

I've already been had once, by buying the mini-series DVD and then the North-American release of Season 1, which includes the mini-series. So, yeah, this is a blatant cash grab. I won't buy it. Goram 'versal thinks they can rip us off for an extra percent. Shame on them.

SERENITY NOW!!!

Comment

If people have access to the first half of the season and are smart enough, they won’t buy these DVDs, but there are people who don’t get the Sci-fi channel or whose country doesn't air it and/or don’t have other means to get access to it. So if they don’t want to wait till August/September of next year (that’s an estimate since that’s when S1 came out) and have the money, then they can buy these. They aren’t forcing you to buy them if you don’t want to.

Now if they don’t offer a complete Season 2 box set next year, then I’ll have a reason to get mad.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                    NBC/Universal owns BSG, whereas Sony/MGM owns Stargate, so I don't think we have to worry about them doing this with Stargate. I'm more worried about what this means for BSG complete box set, if it is $50 for half a season, that probably means its going to be $100 for the complete second season and that's one of the reasons I refuse to by Startrek dvd's. Stargate is pretty reasonably priced, $50 per season but anything more I think it getting to be too much.
                    True, I only own the DS9 DVD set. And if the Star Trek Series DVDs were 50 bucks then I would probably buy it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                      SERENITY NOW!!!
                      Insanity later.

Sorry, having a Frank Costanza fan moment here.

So according to the article it's 50 dollars for this set? Granted that's the suggested retail. I only paid $39 for the season one box set which contains thirteen episodes as well as the mini-series. So unless a magical being suddenly appears before me from the land of Horshack and wipes out my good sense, I won't be considering this a good deal any time soon.

As others have mentioned, I'm concerned what this might mean for a season two box set. Being the cheap woman I am, I'm not going to pay a price of astronomical proportions, despite my love for the program.

Comment

It the extended vision of the episodes the one we saw on TV or even longer then that?
                        I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

uh..yea..i think i will wait until the whole season 2 comes out on dvd..i mean, that is stupid to buy a 3-disc set when you know there will be more

thanks for the info tho
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                            So according to the article it's 50 dollars for this set? Granted that's the suggested retail. I only paid $39 for the season one box set which contains thirteen episodes as well as the mini-series.
                            $50 is the suggested retail price (well actually, $49.98 is). Season 1's list price was $60, so with the typical discounts, "Season 2.0" will retail for less then Season 1.

It is also unlikely that the complete second season will cost twice as much. Remember in R2, Stargate is released on six individual DVDs, each costing around 14.99 GBP, only to have the full season cost much less then six times that when it eventually arrives. In fact, buying the entire season often costs less then buying half the individual DVDs (on a personal note I bought the Season 4 package despite already owning the last two DVDs because it was WAY cheaper!).

As someone pointed out, this is a way for those that don't get the SciFi channel to see the series much earlier then if they had to wait for the complete season package, and it is clearly priced with this in mind.

Comment

Working...
                            X