This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vBulletin 3.5 and AJAX

The Gateworld Forums have now been upgraded to vBulletin 3.5, which uses AJAX for inline quick replies and edits, making it easier and faster to post/edit replies - and you dont need to refresh!

For AJAX to work for you, you will need a compatible browser, such as

- Firefox 1.0.7, or Firefox 1.5 Beta 1
    - Opera 8.0.1 or later

Internet Explorer does NOT support AJAX.

Enjoy!

Ah bummer I use IE

But loving the new upgrade

Comment

not liking it so much, i use MSN explorer which i guess it isnt compatible with

Comment

I can see you're probably still working on tweaking it right now, but I just thought I'd say I noticed the columns are in the wrong order (ie under the wrong headings) in the forums. The last post box is two columns to the left, shifting the views and replies out to the wrong place.

Comment

Just because you use IE, it doesnt mean you CANT use Quickreply. It just means you cant use the AJAX functions (i.e. when you post a quickreply, the page will refresh).

Comment

Originally posted by mazzmatazz
            I can see you're probably still working on tweaking it right now, but I just thought I'd say I noticed the columns are in the wrong order (ie under the wrong headings) in the forums. The last post box is two columns to the left, shifting the views and replies out to the wrong place.
            Thats a feature, not a bug

Comment

And all threads say they are locked with the stargate pic
              The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
              Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
              Wash: It did seem to resemble-
              Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

We'll continue to fix template issues in the hours and days (hopefully hours!) ahead. Thanks!

Darren

Comment

Woot! guess i kinda got worried there for nothing...kinda jumped the gun...i was getting worried there for a sec..i was unable to post using post reply and everything. I downloaded firefox just to see what it is like...i use it at school...and it has no pop-ups
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bioevilfan
                    And all threads say they are locked with the stargate pic
                    If you arent logged in, the forums will display with the Iris closed.

Comment

this is cool...i am now trying it with my other browser not firefox and it seems to be working fine

hey greg, any reason why my last link in my siggy isn't popping up like it used to
                      sigpic

Comment

The User names have changed colors and they are very light now and difficult to see. Will this get fixed? thanks, Purple

Comment

Yep, that's high on the fix list.

I know that everyone who is on right now has a list of fixes for us. Please give Greg some time to nail down the obvious ones -- then we'll ask for any others people have spotted that we may have missed.

Thanks!

Darren

Comment

Yeah the white is very hard to read.
                            The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
                            Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
                            Wash: It did seem to resemble-
                            Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

yes, white bad..i don't mind the gray color but the white..get rid of

i have to hand it you mods and creators, you guys do a great job at tackling gw problems
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X