Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GateWorld: RDA to appear at San Diego's Comic Con?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld: RDA to appear at San Diego's Comic Con?

GateWorld has an article about SG-1 actors Tapping, Judge and Shanks; and SGA actors Higginson, Flanigan, Hewlett, Francks, and Luttrell appearing at the San Diego Comic Con in July -- and has a report from IESB (Inland Empire Strikes Back) site that RDA may appear at the Stargate panel. Supposedly RDA's appearance is still be negotiated.

Here's the link for the article at GateWorld:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/fandom...89324699,62031,

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

SignOnSanDiego's column, "The Disembodied Brain," published an article about Comic Con's schedule:

From SignOnSanDiego:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/w...es/000648.html

Comic-Con schedule released
    July 12, 2004

For those of you who don't already know -- and who don't hate me for not giving unconditional love to Farscape, Angel or Enterprise -- Comic-Con has posted its full schedule for the July 22-25, 2004 event here at the San Diego Convention Center, with separate listings for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star Sarah Michelle Gellar is still scheduled to make an appearance, touting her upcoming film The Grudge in a Sony event from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday in Hall H of the Convention Center. (Gellar, however, will not be doing an autograph session.) Also listed for the Sony event is actress Milla Jovovich promoting Resident Evil 2 -- or maybe she's only taping an introduction to a sneak preview for the zombie thriller.

Other sci-fi figures now scheduled to make appearances include:

Keanu Reeves, touting the upcoming Constantine;

Eliza Dushku (touting her relive-a-day-and-save-the-dead series Tru Calling;

Author and comic book luminary Neil Gaiman;

Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds from the upcoming Blade: Trinity;

Claudia Black, Ben Browder and others from the once and future Farscape;

Jude Law, touting the retro special effects actioner Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow;

The mightily talented Joss Whedon and cast members from his cancelled-series-turned-feature film Serenity;

Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, and Christopher Judge from Stargate SG-1, plus most of the cast from the upcoming companion series Stargate Atlantis; and,

Cartoonist Matt Groening offering insight into The Simpsons.

Other names that jumped out at me:

Aliens' Lance Henriksen, promoting Alien vs. Predator at a 20th Century Fox event;

Former Jedi Mark Hamill, talking up his Comic Book: The Movie, which was filmed at Comic-Con;

Science fiction authors Kevin J. Anderson, Greg Bear, Harry Harrison, Robert Jordan and David Brin, all trying to fit their egos on the same stage at the same time (sorry, can't forgive Brin for flirting with my college girlfriend at a convention all those years ago; besides, you know I'm probably right.);

On other stages, authors Terry Brooks and Timothy Zahn;

Antonia Ellis, who played Lt. Joan Harrington on the vintage Gerry Anderson series UFO (which I found I vastly preferred, pound for pound, over his later and more elaborate Space: 1999);

Original Battlestar Galactica star Richard Hatch, who apparently will explain why he's taking a role in the new Sci-Fi Channel series after calling it "a betrayal to me and the original cast" and saying he didn't want to be a part of it during his appearance at last year's Comic-Con; several of the key actors in the new Battlestar Galactica; and,

A bunch of reality TV stars I've never heard of, proving that, indeed, Comic-Con is about more than comics and sci-fi.

Most of the big names will be there on Saturday when there will be a huge crush of events you won't be able to get to; some appear on Friday. Thursday's more of a insiderish day with seminars on getting comic books published, getting cartoons made, designing games, making toys and otherwise making a living in the industry. Sunday has a lot of children's events.

Plus I'll be there as much as I can, blogging away, as long as the angry 'Scapers don't find me and toss me out of my brain-vat.

If you haven't registered in advance, you've already missed the discounts. Four-day admission is $60 adults, $30 juniors 7-16 years old and seniors 60 years old or older -- and only four-day admission gets you into the exhibit hall on preview night. One day admission for adults is $25 for Thursday, Friday and Saturday and $15 for Sunday; about half-price for juniors and seniors.

Posted by Jeff Dillon at July 12, 2004 08:47 PM

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From the link for Saturday, July 24 in the above listing

http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCI04-ProgSat.html

11:00-12:30 SCI FI: Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis—SCI FI’s Stargate SG-1 series returns with new episodes every Friday night at 9/8C. This season promises to take the SG-1 team into uncharted territory, in terms of both the characters and the stories. The Stargate SG-1 cast along with key creators will be on hand to discuss the past, present, and future of the series. Plus, expanding on the Stargate universe comes the all-new original series Stargate Atlantis, Friday nights at 10/9C. The show will bring together a new team for the adventure of a lifetime in a previously unexplored region of the universe. This panel marks the Stargate Atlantis cast’s first public appearance. Panelists include, from Stargate SG-1: Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter), Michael Shanks (Dr. Daniel Jackson), and Christopher Judge (Teal’c), and from Stargate Atlantis: Joe Flanigan (Maj. John Sheppard), Rainbow Sun Francks (Lt. Aiden Ford), Torri Higginson (Dr. Elizabeth Weir), Rachel Luttrell (Teyla Emmagan), and David Hewlett (Dr. Rodney McKay). Appearing on both panels are series creator Brad Wright; writer Martin Wood, and producer Robert Cooper. Following the panel, don’t miss an autograph session with both casts at the SCI FI Channel booth. Room 6CDEF

I've never been to this thing but it's my understanding it's lines and waiting and more lines and waiting. If you want to get a seat in Room 6CDEF for Stargate it may be a good idea to arrive early and sit thru the presentation (for ABC's new series "Lost") that takes place in that room prior to Stargate. That way you can be assured you'll get in.
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
      X