This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c should've taken command of SG-1

This is what just occured to me today. It would've been the perfect move. How do you emphasize prestige in your flagship unit, SG-1?? Have the first alien in command. That would be awesome, he should be given a special award since he's not even an Earthling and he's tirelessly worked to save Earth for 9 years. He's by far the most qualified. HE's OVER 100 YRS OLD!! He's the one that Jack trusted most. He's the most dependable, he never leaves anyone behind. He's a tactical genius.

It would've added to every moment in the earlier seasons where Teal'c and Jack bonded and worked together in firefights. It would be the perfect transition to season 9, building on the previous seasons instead of pretending they never happened. Teal'c using a P-90 now would seem like a Jack tribute. Teal'c also would have no problem whatsoever giving orders and letting the SG-1 members excel in their specialized areas. It would've been a MUCH better transition into the show for Mitchell. He'd be almost, in a way, like a young O'Neil with Teal'c mentoring him and showing him tactical skills and being impressed with Mitchell's raw ability. Carter should've never even been considered for command. Her character is obedient, dependable as far as carrying out orders, and the tech genius. She spends vacation time working on tech. This is not a team leader, she's obviously a team member, like Jackson.

I guess TPTB didn't think Teal'c could carry the show, BUILDING on previous seasons and showing his growth and character arc. Instead they went for a Jack-a-like but tried to act like they didn't. I love Ben Browder but it really is a little weird to think that he'd order any of those guys around. I feel sorry for Ben, since his character is caught in this limbo of being in charge but not being in charge. Plus, a pilot is a great team member to have on a team, but they're not flying much...why is he more tactically qualified than Teal'c?? Plus mentor Teal'c could've bonded w/ pupil Mitchell since they're both pilots.

Oh well, it's too late for Teal'c to lead SG-1, but it's just an idea. What do you guys think??
    Last edited by Crichton; 28 September 2005, 05:07 PM.

I would have voted for T.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

yes he should've.

either one of them should tho daniel doesn't want to. so carter and t

Comment

well he used to lead an entire army when he was first prime of apophis so i think he could handle a 4 person squad.

Comment

I don't doubt that he would do a good job, but it's not his place to lead SG-1. SG-1 is a first contact team from Earth. The leader oif the team needs to represent Earth's interests. A human is best suited for that.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
            I don't doubt that he would do a good job, but it's not his place to lead SG-1. SG-1 is a first contact team from Earth. The leader oif the team needs to represent Earth's interests. A human is best suited for that.
            True, true, very true. Plus, how likely is it for the US Military to allow an alien to be a military leader?! NOT!!
            Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Plus let´s not forget that Teal´C expected to be one of the leaders of the new Jaffa nation. If he´d also have taken over SG-1 he´d have lost all respect in the eyes of other Jaffa who would think that he was nothing more then an agent of Earth.

Plus that creative thinking that´s needed for leading SG-1 isnt Teal´Cs strongest point, he´s a more straightforward kind of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                Plus that creative thinking that´s needed for leading SG-1 isnt Teal´Cs strongest point, he´s a more straightforward kind of guy.
                I see your point. He is more of an act now, ask questions later type of guy.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

T could have I suppose...but he kind of has bigger fish to fry what with a Prior contaminating the Jaffa structure. Jack certainly did trust him the most, but I guess tables turned, aliens wouldn't have a human leading them, humans wouldn't have an alien leading them. Then there's all those pesky military regulations, etc etc. He's a good thinker and can definitley take initiative....

*bleak sigh*
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I think Sam would be a good choice, but Daniel would be a better choice. (Why again when Carter was leader of SG-1 in S8 did they not show her LEADING the team?!)

Comment

I doubt politicians like Kinsey would have allowed it
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                        I think Sam would be a good choice, but Daniel would be a better choice. (Why again when Carter was leader of SG-1 in S8 did they not show her LEADING the team?!)
                        hahahahahaha...What in the history of Daniel would make him be a good leader on a US Military team? If it wasnt for the whole 'goa'uld kidnapped and killed his wife thing' he would probably be a peacenik somewhere in California (or Egypt) kicken back drinking tea and working poetry... not that theres anything wrong with that but it doesnt exactly make you qualified to be the leader of a USAF flagship military team. On the other hand, you make a Diplomatic team, like SG-2 maybe and Daniel would totally rule as leader of that team. Plus he would have the extra military skills he has learned from Jack, Sam and Teal'c over the years to help pull his fellow diplomats out of any hot situations.

Teal'c would have been a ok choice. He certainly has the experience and the skill but he lacks knowledge of all the US Military procedures and I doubt he would want the paperwork. Not to mention the fact that he would "dismember" the first politico that caused him too much stress. Also he did expect to be a leader among his own people and did need to distance himself from earth a bit.

Carter is a USAF officer who has been through all the training, has put in all the time, has a bunch of experience (though not as much as teal'c), actually likes the military (unlike daniel) and has always shown herself as a competent military officer (except in Gemini where she was a plot device). She is also apparently decent at public relations (since they put her on TV) and has done well in the political negociations she has been part of (though she was slightly rude in spirits, but who knew the bird was actually a person). To me Carter has always done a good job when she has been given the lead (but the writers havent given her much).

But the topic is Teal'c. I agree Teal'c is qualified. But I also agree that he probably isnt the guy to representative "earth" as he is not from earth and is actually the Jaffa representative to earth. Maybe they can have another SG team, a Recon and Rescue or search and destroy and put T in charge of that team.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Search and destroy would definitely suit Teal'c nicely.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            hahahahahaha...What in the history of Daniel would make him be a good leader on a US Military team?

then why did they make wier the head of the sgc then head of the altantic team. she is head of the whole operation and has no military background infact she is opposed to military actions in some cases. then when u add in the fact that he would still have tealc and others for the military part of the journey then he would be fine just as wier is fine with her responsibilties.

Comment

Here's an analogy to consider, would you let Arnold Schwarzennager become your US president? Teal'c just wouldn't be made leader because people are too suspicious, it's human nature.

Comment

Working...
                              X