Connection (203)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "Connection"

"Connection"
    Ep: 2.03
    Release Date: October 6th 2005
    Story by Joe Hodkiss & Alex Rubit
    Teleplay by Alex Rubit

As an experiment with the Stargate puts Horizon in danger, one member of the Horizon team must deal with a dark chapter of his past.
    Outstanding
    23.08%
    Good
    53.85%
    Fair
    7.69%
    Poor
    15.38%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 02 October 2005, 09:38 PM.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

The all new episode "Connection" is now online, and available for download on the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

We hope you enjoy the episode, and don't forget to stop back here for comments and discussion!

Comment

Great episode! It would be awesome if later in the season, the crew realizes that it wasn't a pulsar that screwed up the gate, but something far more sinister. Enoly or Drague perhaps! HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA 1st post!

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. A nice and impressive normal episode. I'm glad Sato got promoted, he really deserved that. I thought the scenes with the Valiant flying around the Horizon where great and would have been visually impressive. Nice to see Walters, still got a job as well.

Although, I did find Hoffmann rather annoying this episode.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I could see how Zach could be annoying to some. I've just read "Troika," and I'll tell you that we see him a bit more next week. At times, he's a bit overactive, but other times he can be a good guy.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I personally love those little "Zach moments."

But, yeah, in "Troika" we might actually get to see him from a bit more of a different side.

Comment

How's the making of this coming along?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                How's the making of this coming along?
                I should finally be getting to it over the weekend. Perhaps it'll be ready for release around Sunday. I'm looking forward to let everyone in on what these two deleted scenes were all about.

Comment

Lovely, can't wait. The BTS are always interesting.
                  sigpic

Comment

Review

Tom's story in this one was very well done, the nightmare's and mysterious woman created a nice little thread that gave us a bit of insight into some of his time away. Where as I felt he was a bit under developed in Season One he really is getting a good share of "screentime" much to the benefit of the show.

The Stargate "sounds" idea isn't one I like that much (as mentioned in Contagion) but it is an established one in the 'gate universe. In this episode though I thought it was actually explained and used pretty well. That goes for the big experiment in general. This these type of scenes can feel boring and logically silly, but here it all felt like it made sense.

Bay'Lar is another interesting character to bring in. His history with Sivea and his dislike is sure to making him dramatically good to have around. The show is getting quite an extensive addition of characters this season.

Sato being given command of Valiant I think was a good move, I think it brings better definition to everyone's role on the station, particularly Grant who seemed to be doing three jobs at once sometimes.

Again a quick appearance from a familiar face, always nice to see things like this.

At times the episode felt odd, in some ways it was a big technological danger episode. At times though the big event felt background to the drama, making it a fairly quiet character development episode. I think overall the balance was right.

Zach again irritated. I trust though that his character is going somewhere and has some part to play in bigger things.

I was struck by how little Lenori's absence has been felt in the season so far. The new characters and developments have filled the gap left by him nicely. I'm wondering if they'll be room when he appears again (I assume we'll be seeing him again anyway).

Overall a soild episode, lifted by some interesting character development.
                    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese
                      Review

Tom's story in this one was very well done, the nightmare's and mysterious woman created a nice little thread that gave us a bit of insight into some of his time away. Where as I felt he was a bit under developed in Season One he really is getting a good share of "screentime" much to the benefit of the show.
                      Yeah, with eigth regulars it can be difficult to emcompass everyone, so it takes a while to get to certain characters sometimes. But I think this little arc in which Tom got sent back brought his character front and center and gave him some good development.

Bay'Lar is another interesting character to bring in. His history with Sivea and his dislike is sure to making him dramatically good to have around. The show is getting quite an extensive addition of characters this season.
                      Indeed, with the new established Vorian presence, we're trying to create a community feel similar to Atlantis, with the introduction of characters such as Callen, Bay'lar, and Zach. All three characters have some interesting things ahead of them in the future.

Sato being given command of Valiant I think was a good move, I think it brings better definition to everyone's role on the station, particularly Grant who seemed to be doing three jobs at once sometimes.
                      Yeah, now Grant can focus as commander of Horizon-1 while Callen takes over the station and Sato takes over the Valiant. Sato's new position also allows him to have a stronger presence and position of authority around the station.

At times the episode felt odd, in some ways it was a big technological danger episode. At times though the big event felt background to the drama, making it a fairly quiet character development episode. I think overall the balance was right.
                      Glad you thought so. Since I took no part in the creation of the ep, I can say that Alex and Joe did a nice job with this one.

I was struck by how little Lenori's absence has been felt in the season so far. The new characters and developments have filled the gap left by him nicely. I'm wondering if they'll be room when he appears again (I assume we'll be seeing him again anyway).

Overall a soild episode, lifted by some interesting character development.
                      Perhaps Lenori will indeed come back... Perhaps sooner than you think.
                      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                      Stargate Destiny, Fan
                      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I'm also glad you liked the episode (and previous ones), cheese.

It's always great and very insightful to read your reviews. I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts on what lies ahead.

Comment

Just read it and something is bugging me:

Doesn't the Spacegate have its own indepentant power source? Why not just 'kaswosh' it like what Cam did to the long range comunication device?
                          Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
                          "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
                          "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
                          ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
                          McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
                          "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

I think this was written before that episode aired.
                            sigpic

Comment

I shudder to think what would happen to a gate if you chucked its power source into the kawoosh.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                              Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Working...
                              X