The Borg Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Borg Thread

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and power down your weapons. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Discuss the Borg here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg
    http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...cle/70558.html
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Borg
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Great in their early TNG appearances, but by the time Lorne recruited his little army of them I was significantly less impressed with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
      Great in their early TNG appearances, but by the time Lorne recruited his little army of them I was significantly less impressed with them.
      I hated that episode.

The Borg in Voyager were more interesting. I love the Queen and her little wiggly metal spinal column. But if she brings order to Chaos once you destroy her all Borg should shut down right? So after Voyager there really should be no more Borg? Unless I'm mistaken and she wasn't blown to kingdom come.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

You will assimilate!
        Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
        Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

The Borg will rebuild just think the Queen has been killed 3 times in First Contacted and twice in VOY
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

i'm pretty sure there's more than one queen.

Q Who was a great episode of TNG, and The Best Of Both Worlds was clearly the best TNG eps in the series. I like how the more we saw the borg as the time went on, the slicker they began to look.
            more badass, than cyborgy.

Voyager had some great borg stories.

"Borg? sounds Swedish"

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
              i'm pretty sure there's more than one queen.

Q Who was a great episode of TNG, and The Best Of Both Worlds was clearly the best TNG eps in the series. I like how the more we saw the borg as the time went on, the slicker they began to look.
              more badass, than cyborgy.

Voyager had some great borg stories.

"Borg? sounds Swedish"
              There can't be more then 1 queen at one time i just assume they rebuild her
              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
              sigpic

Comment

Ever wonder how the Borg evolved who the first species they assimilated maybe their creators.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

This is the explination at http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Borg#Origins

The precise origins of the Collective are unknown. However, it seems likely that their homeworld, the Unicomplex, is located somewhere in the Delta Quadrant. Starfleet assets have encountered references to their existence at least 900 years ago, and possibly earlier. According to some, the Borg were "far less impressive 900 years ago." It is unlikely that there was ever a single moment when the Borg suddenly emerged; Guinan claimed that their fusion of the organic with the cybernetic had been gradually evolving over thousands of centuries.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    "We are the Borg. Lower your shields and power down your weapons. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."
                    Man, when I heard that in First Contact, it sent chills down my spine.
                    Linkage

Creepy!

Comment

I felt that their threat was reduced a bit too much in VOY. Sure, they were still creepy, but there were too many Borg related episodes in which Voyager managed to escape. I preferred it when one Borg Cube could destroy a whole fleet.

Comment

So which part do you like best - I have bolded my favourite part
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

all of it. I just find their cold calmness that they're going to kick our asses very chilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                            I felt that their threat was reduced a bit too much in VOY. Sure, they were still creepy, but there were too many Borg related episodes in which Voyager managed to escape. I preferred it when one Borg Cube could destroy a whole fleet.
                            Yeah but to make Borg eps they had to dumb them down or else they wouldn't have been able to have any eps with them
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

So which part do you like best - I have bolded my favourite part
                              My favourite part is "Resistance is futile".
                              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X