Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Interview: Joss Whedon

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/654/654112p1.html

The writer and director of Serenity talks Wonder Woman and more in our one-on-one interview!

So exactly how crafty a salesman does a director have to be to convince a studio to fund a movie based on a show that was cancelled in less than a season?

This was the first question I posed to Serenity director Joss Whedon during our on-camera interview. Since cancellation, Firefly (the name of the show off which Serenity is based) has gained a massive following. DVD sales have propelled a growing cult following and countless fan sites around the Web. Not bad for a show that lasted only 14 episodes.

Whedon felt the show still had a rich potential and stuck with the idea of resurrecting it on the big screen. At the recent press screening I attended for Serenity, fans waited with bated breath, cheering as the theater lights dimmed. Shortly before that, a few high-spirited Firefly faithful lead the crowd in an enthusiastic singing of the "Brown Coat" theme song.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Hey, thanks for posting that. I've always wondered what he looked like. It was a good interview. I had no idea they wanted him to do X-Men 3. I like the idea of him doing Wonder Woman. It should be interesting to see what he comes up with. Also a Buffy movie sounds good too.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Working...
    X