Why allow the farm to be in trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why allow the farm to be in trouble?

Clark has the ability to mine gold with ease, he can dive into the ocean and retrieve gold bars, if he wishes. He can enter into triathalons or arm wrestling comps to get money to keep the farm afloat when things get tuff, but he doesn't.

I understand not wanting the powers for personal gain, that can lead down a bad path, however when you are in need, use your resources. A person gifted with the ability to dunk and play ball will not refuse it, or a person that can swing a golf club like no other will not hold back. Clark should use his gifts to help out, pay for college, whatever.
    Turn some coal into diamonds with the squeeze of a hand. He has excellent judgement and would not take it too far, nor would his parents allow it.
    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

it'd be the first thing i do if i had those powers
    superman would not use his powers for personal gain because
    1: He's a freak'n nerd (well TPTB made him into a nerd lol)
    2: He might get to greedy and keep using his powers for self gain and eventually become evil
    3: Hes a goody two shoes
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

For the same reason that Earth doesnt have an armada of ancient ships - to stop the storyline advancing too much
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Then there is the small matter of explaining where the gold came from to the IRS and other authorities. IF clark were to use his superpowers to gain money the lack of paperwork would eventually do him in. I'm surprised the Kents were able to get him a birth certificate, actually.

Comment

They didn't, Lionel 'arranged' everything.
          Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
          Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

just remember the song by the Crash Test Dummies
            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hyzmarca
              Then there is the small matter of explaining where the gold came from to the IRS and other authorities. IF clark were to use his superpowers to gain money the lack of paperwork would eventually do him in. I'm surprised the Kents were able to get him a birth certificate, actually.
              Well, there's something called black market ;], where usually paperwork isnt required ;]
              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Working...
              X