This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPod + iPod mini

On July 24th, the United Kingdom recieve the new range of iPod minis. I have been gathering my loose coins together to get myself an iPod because of how good iTunes is. I'll wait until the demand for the decreases a bit because I know the demand in the US was incredibly high.

My question. Does anyone here own a iPod or an iPod mini or possibly even both? If you do, let me know what you think of them. So far, I haven't read any review that doesn't give it less that 8 stars out of ten
    __

__

Maybe you should check out this article first ma lord.

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?i...&category=main

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I have a second generation 20GB iPod and you can have it when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! Yes, I could have upgraded to a newer, slimmer model, but the "old" one works just fine. We recently took it with us on a 15-hr road trip with a cassette adapter for the car stereo. I set it to "random songs" and never touched the thing other than to skip a song or two (it isn't safe to listen to Monty Python while driving).

My only complaint is that I can load the thing with 10,000 songs and I still sit there and say, "I can't find anything I want to listen to!" ...but that's not really Apple's fault.

Bonus: I had a 1GB video and about 200 digital photos of my girlfriend's wedding on my computer and used the iPod to transfer it over to her computer. Very cool...
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Interesting. But it's the same with any music website. I've downloaded plenty of music from other sites (CokeMusic and others) for ages. I still think that by far iTunes is the best. Hense, it's almost sold 100,000,000 songs in a year so that's saying something and about 270 are by me!
        __

__

Comment

iTunes rocks! No competition in that regard.

I think I've only ever downloaded one or two songs. All the rest of the songs I swap in and out of my iPod are ripped from my own collection or a borrowed cd. Hence, I can control the quality to some extent, even moreso now because of the lossless compression with the latest version of iTunes.

If it's Hi-Fi I'm after, I'm back lying on the living room floor with the headphones on. The iPod is just for mobility.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

I don't really care what reviews say anyway, I'm still buying one! I can't wait to transfer all my songs over. My uncle has a mini which he imported from the US an it's truly amazing. Can't wait for mine!
            __

__

Comment

Personally, I want the Zen Touch.....the thing looks incredible. 24 hour battery life? <dies and goes to heaven>
              sigpic

Comment

I agree. It does look very good. Also, the new Sony one they're introducing looks promising. But I still want a iPod. They are the best
                __

__

Comment

I'm waiting for the SONY version. It holds 60 GB and it has a 30 hour battery life.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I agree. It looks very good. I think I'll have to get one of each! lol
                    __

__

Comment

Damn thats mad money.

Comment

I agree. Just before I go any further, I'm going to be satisified with my little iPod mini!
                        __

__

Comment

Haha...it's only money, right? I'd buy a new iPod if I could justify it, but I can't. I'm still happy with my 2nd generation one, "bulky" design and all.

Comment

I don't really think the extra money you spend on an iPod is worth it.
                            sigpic

Comment

IPod may be popular, but it can't play WMA format, which is a hinderance.

I would prefer the Dell DJ myself...
                              I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

Working...
                              X