Question about first ever SG-1 ep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about first ever SG-1 ep

How did Anubis gate out of the SGC? There was no DHD.

Originally posted by wikeja
    How did Anubis gate out of the SGC? There was no DHD.
    I believe you mean Apophis... and that's a great question that I've always wanted to know. That, and why was there a ramp set up for the gate in that episode as it was merely something to be guarded at that time and why is it that they had patches when they left for Chulak? They didn't have much in the way of time from when Hammond announced the creations of the teams to their departure though the gate...

I know...I'm picking at nits. I'm just curious though...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I believe you mean Apophis... and that's a great question that I've always wanted to know. That, and why was there a ramp set up for the gate in that episode as it was merely something to be guarded at that time and why is it that they had patches when they left for Chulak? They didn't have much in the way of time from when Hammond announced the creations of the teams to their departure though the gate...

I know...I'm picking at nits. I'm just curious though...

OMG i didn't even notice that i guess its just something they worked out later like in the movie theres tons of stuff they changed
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
      sigpic

Comment

Ooops...Yeah, Apophis.
        I also thought gate travel was supposed to leave you with frost on your skin due to ????decompression of molecules???

Comment

wow, holy plot hole batman!
          I never realized it.
          Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
          Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

at first it was only travel from our gate. As time went on adjustments were made to our dhd.
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Well, if you rmember in Season 1 "the Nox", Teal'c talked about a homing device Apophis had that allowed him to find the gate no matter what. My thoughts on this whole thing are it's similar to other dialing devices we've seen that don't require a DHD. (See Really old Cassandra's ring control device in Season 2: "1969", Whatever Lya used to dial the gate without a DHD in Season 1 "Enigma", and Thor's control crystal in Season 4's "Small Victories".)

Instead of just being a homing device it also acts as a Secondary DHD for a gate that has a powersource. The reason he didn't use it later on in Children of the Gods Part 2 is because he didn't need to. Like having a cordless phone and a land-line in your house. You use the land line when your Cordless' battery is low, but othertimes you don't need to.

Some other questions and possible answers I had were:

If Klorel is Apophis' son (As he claims in Within the Serpent's grasp) Then how come he was chosen to be the "Child of the gods" by another couple? Or at least left Chulak with another couple separatly from Apophis. if he was pophy's son how come he was with another Goa'uld couple?

Possible Answer: Minor Goa'uld in the service to Apophis take care of raising the new "Children" because the System lord is too busy handleing military matters to do it themselves.

How come we haven't seen the "Uber Death Glider" again? The one from Children of the Gods that had ring transports and all that to deposit Apophis and the rest at the gate then Photoshop morphed into a regular death glider to attack O'neill and the rest?

Answer: No clue as to the Cannon reason for this, the actual reason was they didn't want to have the death gliders be that versatile in the series and decided to make separate types of ships for different functions.

So yeah, a Lot of things were switched from the premiere episode to the rest of the series. But nothing mind-blowing major like from the Movie to the Series.

Comment

All changes for the better, if you ask me.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  All changes for the better, if you ask me.
                  True

Comment

Originally posted by wikeja
                    Ooops...Yeah, Apophis.
                    I also thought gate travel was supposed to leave you with frost on your skin due to ????decompression of molecules???
                    The first answer is that because of changes they were able to make in the calculations, they were able to make the trip through the gate much smoother. Red Sky's an example of a rough ride and they exit the gate frosted.

That however is a bunch of bunk designed to obscure the real reason they don't do the frosted over look...and that's because they didn't want to do it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

The makeup to create the frosted look was time consuming and uncomfortable for the actors. So they just dropped it. I don't really miss it personally.
                      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by drronin112

How come we haven't seen the "Uber Death Glider" again? The one from Children of the Gods that had ring transports and all that to deposit Apophis and the rest at the gate then Photoshop morphed into a regular death glider to attack O'neill and the rest?
                        Perhasp it was a custom made Death Glider for Apophis.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Actually if you watch the first ep closely Apophis says something in Goa'uld to one of his gaurds and does this thing with his head which most people do when they want someone do go over there or do something. The camera cuts to some SGC personell running as the blast doors close then the camera cuts back to Apophis and the gate and you see a serpent guard walking up the ramp obviously coming from the control room. What you should be asking is how did they know to use the Earth computers.
                          I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Also, what you should be asking is how did they know how to use the Earth computers. I'm sure there's no red button that says "Push Here to Dial Chulak!"
                            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

PErhaps the keyboard has the symbols on it.
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                              X