X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitpicks: weapons / SG-C surveillance

Hi!

I'm doing some nitpicky edits on my fanfic and would like to know more about the weapons and the SGC. I've already been to the Beta Site and Arduinna's website, but didn't have much luck for these questions.

I'm looking for some specific info concerning the types of weapons carried by the SG personnel (I know it was MP5s at first, then P90s, but what about the sidearm?), the kind of equipment they use for radio communications, and such (I've seen them with regular walkie-talkies, but I also think they had a headphone/mic device in some episodes-- I think?). I know what these things look like, but I don't know their names. Could anyone help out? Is there a website out there listing the equipment used by the Stargate teams? It would really come in useful...

Also, I'm not clear as to how much the SGC is under video surveillance. Would all the rooms, including storage rooms, locker rooms, private quarters, etc, have video cameras? What do you think? It seems logical that all angles would be covered in to ensure optimal security, but would they go as far as to film people showering and such?

Thanks for any answers!

Howdy Viv, I'm not an expert on base security or anything; but I'm going to try an address some of your surveillance questions. I would assume that private quarters, showers, and locker rooms wouldn't have any cameras placed in them, but would have them placed to cover all entrance/exit points from such rooms. Given how seriously the military handles fraternization and sexual harrassment these days, this would be the best way to do it to avoid any improper behavior while maintaining a sufficient level of security. Of course, this is all just speculation on my part but hopefully it makes sense.

As for the more technical questions on the weapons and equipment used by the SGC, I highly recommend The Stargate Tech Center. While it doesn't have any info on their radio equipment, it does have detailed descriptions and names for all the weapons used on the show and a good analysis on their effectiveness against the hostile aliens they have encountered.

Anyway, I hope this helps you out and good luck with your story.

Comment

Working...
    X