This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Stargate Mentions in TV Guide

TV Guide has another article about Stargate Atlantis in the July 11-17 issue (geez, they've given a lot of space to Stargate in recent months... cool!)

I won't reprint the whole thing here but the article (entitled "Raising Stargate Atlantis") starts with a picture of two wraiths doing something rather mean to smirk-boy (uh, I mean, Shepherd).

"It's possible that some of you, distracted by events in the so-called 'real' world, might not be up to speed on recent developments in Sci Fi Channel's sane-by-comparison Stargate universe. There, pretty much every week, some Evil Alien Force--generally the egomaniacal and badly dressed Goa'uld--comes very close to destroying Earth. Then, of course, the wormhole-hurtling heroes of Stargate SG-1 find a last-minute way to save the day because, hey, that's what they do."

It goes on to talk about some of the changes that's happened at the SGC, then talking in more detail about Atlantis with quotes from Brad Wright, David Hewlett, and Joe Flanigan. A lot of mention is made about the wraiths, the popularity of SG1, and the storyline for Atlantis.

Another quote I found amusing:

"(If none of this makes sense to you, and you haven't been following the original series, it's just way too complicated to explain here. Seriously. You should go do the crossword puzzle.)"

Other pictures include smirk-boy on the Ancients' chair, smirk-boy and Ford dealing with some sort of alien, and Teyla and one of her people.

All in all, another nice promo for the franchise, but I do have an issue with the "badly-dressed" Goa'uld comment. Okay, some of them have fashion issues, but others (notably Ba'al) are always quite impeccably dressed.

Oh, and slightly off-topic, the same issue makes amends (slightly) for omitting Highlander from the top 25 cult tv shows list a few weeks back. How that failed to make the list in the first place is totally beyond me!
    Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

There were also 2 other Stargate references in the front part this week - the article and 2 sidebar type things.. I think one was the Roush review.
    Go Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123
      There were also 2 other Stargate references in the front part this week - the article and 2 sidebar type things.. I think one was the Roush review.
      Go Stargate!
      You are correct, sir.

In the "TV News" section of the same issue, there's this:

( quote )

FAR OUT Farscape storm trooper Claudia Black recently shed her black leather to play an enemy alien in an episode of Sci Fi Channel's Stargate SG-1 that will air in early 2005. Her character makes SG-1 hunk Michael Shanks see stars. "I rang (Farscape lover) Ben Browder and apologized that I had a new leading man. From the back, he could almost be Ben. So I can (blame) anything I do on a case of mistaken identity." Whatever gets you to sleep at night.

( end quote )

On the side is a picture of Claudia working with some clear crystals.
      Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
        You are correct, sir.

Actually, I've always preferred maam. Don't let the i.d. fool ya!

Comment

Working...
        X