Qasim
September 26th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I would say ENT

Jeffer
September 26th, 2005, 10:32 AM
i second that

Madeleine
September 26th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Voyager was worst. I reckon Enterprise scores higher than Voyager because it was more ambitious. It had quite lofty ideas and it didn't really pull them off, but I liked that they tried. Voyager aimed lower, and still didn't reach the target.

DigiFluid
September 26th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Enterprise was awful, but voyager was beyond horrific.

I've never seen a show so poorly written, acted, and produced before in my life. The fact that it purported itself to be Trek has forever scarred Gene Roddenberry's legacy. I refuse to admit voyager (and Enterprise) as canon.

the Fifth Race
September 26th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Voyager was worst. I reckon Enterprise scores higher than Voyager because it was more ambitious. It had quite lofty ideas and it didn't really pull them off, but I liked that they tried. Voyager aimed lower, and still didn't reach the target.

I agree that the first few seasons of Voyager were hard for me to watch. Neelix and Kes have to go down as the worst ST characters of alltime!. The Dr. saved it for me those first few seasons, otherwise it was very bland.

As far as overall worst (comparatively speaking), definetly Enterprise. That being said I did enjoy the whole Earth in mortal danger with the Xinidi angle and the expanse aliens.

Aaron Doral
September 26th, 2005, 12:53 PM
^What Madeline and Digifluid said.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 26th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Boy, this is hard.
TOS or ENT

prion
September 26th, 2005, 03:07 PM
I would say ENT

The 'classic' Trek was the best, hands down.

ST:TNG was the 2nd best.

I gave up on DS9 when they brought in the damned Klingons. I'm sick of Klingons.

ENTERPISE was so-so, but when they went dark with the bug aliens, I ditched it, but came back for part of the last season, only to get really ticked off when they killed off Trip.

As far as I'm concerned, Trek is dead.

MartoufMarty
September 26th, 2005, 05:04 PM
... Why don't people like Voyager?

I loved Voyager...

I hated Deep Space Nine...

Aaron Doral
September 26th, 2005, 05:49 PM
I gave up on DS9 when they brought in the damned Klingons. I'm sick of Klingons.
Ah, that was when DS9 became really good. You missed out.

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 06:24 PM
even though i didn't bother watching ENT i'd have to say voyager was the worst show. i didn't watch enterprise because of voyager, though i did see a few episodes.

Dahak
September 26th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Voyager mainly had a boring crew and the villains were terrible. However Voyager had some really good episodes.
Enterprise was far worse. Enterprise since it was a prequel at least in theory had a template for where it was supposed to go but Bermaga didn't follow it. Instead of the TCW and Xindi if they would have used the established but not well known Andorians, Nossigans, and Orions as the various aliens think how the show would have been new but actually fit in with the other 4 ST shows.

Naeara
September 26th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Voyager. Pretty boring but I got really sick of it when it became all about SO9.

sg-daniel
September 27th, 2005, 12:17 AM
never seen ENT, but all the others (Classic, TNG,...) and i have to say Voyager, it is beside DS9 the most boring series.

walterIsTheMan
September 27th, 2005, 01:18 AM
the animated series was the worst, but if we're not counting that then id say enterprise.

as to voyager, i loved it! i can understand people not liking it cause they just dont like it, but if you say that its because the stories were poor or the characters werent good, then you just didnt pay attention to the show :rolleyes:

Aaron Doral
September 27th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Yes, great stories like 'Demons.' "Oh no, we need hydrogen! Where will be get it," characters like 7o9 (blatantly added for sex appeal). The plots were illogical, the characters had no development at all. That's why I hate(d) VGR.

Wyrminarrd
September 27th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Voyager is easily the worst series. This show was just poorly writen and cast, it never had a snowballs chance of being good.

timdalton007
September 27th, 2005, 05:18 AM
I've got to go with Enterprise. Ruined a lot of the timelines set by the the other series (especially the Borg). Never really liked mot of the cast and the storys (outside "Broken Bow" and the last three episodes of Season 4) were rather bland.

timdalton007

Major Tyler
September 27th, 2005, 05:35 AM
DS9 is my favorite, followed by Enterprise. The first couple of seasons of Voyager were good, but I got sick of Borg and Hologram stories by the end. TNG never particularly interested me. As far as which series I don't like, that would have to be TOS...I just can't get into it.

walterIsTheMan
September 27th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Yes, great stories like 'Demons.' "Oh no, we need hydrogen! Where will be get it," characters like 7o9 (blatantly added for sex appeal). The plots were illogical, the characters had no development at all. That's why I hate(d) VGR.

lol you cant judge an entire show on one episode. if someone saw a bad episode of SG and then said it was a bad show i bet you'd yell at them. also heres a little insight for you: sam carter, carolyn lam, teyla emagen, number six...all characters added for sex appeal. any of those roles could have been played by men or unattractive women. and what illogical plots? at least voyager had an overall goal - to get home. all the other trek series were just ships wandering aimlessly through space looking for something to do

deathbed1983
September 27th, 2005, 04:29 PM
the worst was ENT

david2708
September 27th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Voyager had its fair share of good and bad eps. Indeed all the Trek series had their share of good and bad as well.
If you ask most people who hate voyager just how many of the 160+ episodes of the series they actually watched, they'd probably say less than 20. Hardly a number to judge the whole show on.
Least successful would have to be Enterprise.
I honestly don't think most fans were that interested in going back to its roots. The TOS diehards-yes-but the rest could careless and the Federations beginnings. Most Trek fans these days jumped on board with TNG and could care less about Kirk's era.

Morbo
September 27th, 2005, 06:12 PM
i'd have to say TOS has the most boring episodes. this could be a result of the technology and effects of the age, but i'm not entirely sure of that.
it just wasn't exciting.

Voyager was good. It was. So was Enterprise. DS9 and TNG were the best 2 though.

Aaron Doral
September 27th, 2005, 08:24 PM
lol you cant judge an entire show on one episode. if someone saw a bad episode of SG and then said it was a bad show i bet you'd yell at them. also heres a little insight for you: sam carter, carolyn lam, teyla emagen, number six...all characters added for sex appeal. any of those roles could have been played by men or unattractive women. and what illogical plots? at least voyager had an overall goal - to get home. all the other trek series were just ships wandering aimlessly through space looking for something to do
I don't like StarGate, actually. #6 wasn't added for sex appeal- she's a central piece of the plot. Her character isn't contrived (as 7o9 was). There's a difference between adding a character that wears a catsuit and is featured each week seasons blatantly for sex appeal and a supporting character who happens to be attractive.

Madeleine
September 27th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I don't like StarGate, actually. #6 wasn't added for sex appeal- she's a central piece of the plot. Her character isn't contrived (as 7o9 was). There's a difference between adding a character that wears a catsuit and is featured each week seasons blatantly for sex appeal and a supporting character who happens to be attractive.

I see things slightly differently: Six was added for sex-appeal but the appeal was primarily for Baltar. I'm sure the secondary appeal - to the viewers who are that way inclined - is a welcome bonus, but it is always treated as secondary. Six never wears her ultra-sexy red dress, never pouts and preens but when Baltar is around. On Caprica she's much more understated.

But I agree with your main point: Seven's catsuit served no dramatic purpose and that made plenty of viewers feel their intelligence was being insulted.

walterIsTheMan
September 27th, 2005, 08:53 PM
But I agree with your main point: Seven's catsuit served no dramatic purpose and that made plenty of viewers feel their intelligence was being insulted.

i still think you guys are splitting hairs on this. just because seven's catsuit was intended to make her attractive does not mean that that was the characters sole purpose. the short skirts worn by the women in TOS had the same purpose but Uhura and the others were certainly essential. the outfit counselor troi wore was also for sex appeal. she could have just worn a regular uniform like everyone else, but 90% of the time she was in the catsuit-like outfit. the outfit worn by t'pol was all for sex appeal. but are troi, uhura, and tpol not relevant to their respective shows? no. just because a characters clothes are intended to give them sex appeal does not mean the characters themselves were solely created for that purpose. seven had a very specific purpose, to replace kes. she also helped to introduce the new dynamic into the series of the borg having a major role in the delta quadrant. there were significant trust and character developments with her, similiar to boomer and the BSG crew. she was essential to many of the episodes with borg plots later on in the series, especially unimatrix zero. i can give a list of a hundred things that happened in the show because of her character that wouldnt have happened with someone else. she was essential to the show and not just added for sex appeal :rolleyes:

Madeleine
September 27th, 2005, 11:34 PM
just because seven's catsuit was intended to make her attractive does not mean that that was the characters sole purpose.

I know. It was still a stupid catsuit though.

the short skirts worn by the women in TOS had the same purpose but Uhura and the others were certainly essential.

If you say so. Never watched TOS much. But it was the sixties, so what do you expect of the wardrobe? :p

the outfit counselor troi wore was also for sex appeal. she could have just worn a regular uniform like everyone else, but 90% of the time she was in the catsuit-like outfit.

True. But that is a point against TNG, not a point in Voyager's favour. Everything I said about voyager is unaffected by Troi's poured-into-it stupid embarrassing leotard.

just because a characters clothes are intended to give them sex appeal does not mean the characters themselves were solely created for that purpose. seven... was essential to the show and not just added for sex appeal :rolleyes:

When did I ever say she was just added for sex appeal? I said I liked her. I'd have liked her more if she'd worn proper clothes. I like shows to be at least a little bit believable, including costumes. There was no reason for Seven's or Troi's leotards other than viewer- sex-appeal, and that's a bit distracting and hence irritating.

DS9 is the only recent Trek that didn't feel the need to dress a well-endowed female in stupid impractical leotards that male characters and middle-aged females were spared. Kira's uniform was figure-hugging and quite sexy, but it didn't scream THE POINT OF THIS OUTFIT IS TO BE EYECANDY! and it did look like a uniform and wasn't vastly different from the mens'. Hurrah.

But this is a thread about our worst Trek series, and for some, one of the many reasons that Voyager is our worst Trek is that we found the poor costuming choices hampered suspension of disbelief. And no amount of (admittedly accurate) pointing out that TNG or ENT were also offenders will endear us any more to Voyager or make us change our minds about not liking it ;)

TheObiJuan
September 27th, 2005, 11:50 PM
I tried to bare through 2 episodes of ENT, I couldn't... the cheese is strong in that one.

TNG is still my fav. I will get the whole show on DVD, or perhaps HD DVD when it comes out. I watch TNG daily, and it just gets better and better as I get older. When I was younger it was fantasy, I would imagine myself there, with them.

jree
September 28th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Voyager, Enterprise close second.