PDA

View Full Version : Opening Credits... Are they changing?

the dancer of spaz
July 8th, 2004, 01:07 AM
:) Hey guys, I don't know if this has been asked yet, but I was just wondering if any of ThOsE iN cHaRgE have mentioned that the opening credits are changing...

It would make sense, considering this is supposed to be the last year, but I know that the big thing is the $cha-ching$, so I won't hold my breath. :p

I'm really excited about Friday though, guys! I can't wait! :cool:

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 01:12 AM
I'm pretty sure they will be changing things in the opening credits, if they don't, its probably because they're saving money? Haha... But they should.

TheWarrior
July 8th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Well with General Hammond not in every episode in person I think they will remove him from the credits and when he makes an appearance have his name come up after the title of the episode appears and have it read Don S.Davis as General Hammond.

If they remove him from the credits will they leave the other four up longer on the screen with more up to date shots, I want Sergeant Davis to appear on the credits ;)

btw off topic the IMDB page for Stargate guest appearances have changed Sergeant Davis name again - it is now Sergeant Walter Harriman! :eek:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428104/

shockwave
July 8th, 2004, 04:54 AM
just an IMDB screw-up ;)

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Yah, you can never really always trust the information from there.

Mio
July 8th, 2004, 06:48 AM
I made a post about this, actually.

I came to the conclusion that the openning credits should ALWAYS end with the gate shutting off on the last note.

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:00 AM
I will be very surprised if they don't make any changes to the opening sequence. If previous versions are any indication, they'll update it with all the coolest effects shots from Lost City... :rolleyes:

I kinda wish they wouldn't always use the coolest effects shots in the opening just becayse they're the coolest effects shots. I mean, I love the scene where the pyramid blows up but IMO it doesn't really 'fit' in the opening sequence.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:04 AM
I would have though that it would change since we no longer see Don S Davis, Teryl Rothery and some of the pictures are quite old

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:07 AM
I would have though that it would change since we no longer see Don S Davis, Teryl Rothery and some of the pictures are quite old
Teryl Rothery was never in the opening sequence.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:07 AM
I know, but her name was displayed after the sequence was finished

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:09 AM
I will be very surprised if they don't make any changes to the opening sequence. If previous versions are any indication, they'll update it with all the coolest effects shots from Lost City... :rolleyes:

I kinda wish they wouldn't always use the coolest effects shots in the opening just becayse they're the coolest effects shots. I mean, I love the scene where the pyramid blows up but IMO it doesn't really 'fit' in the opening sequence.I think the purpose for the new opening credits was to show the 'money' they put into the visual effects, thats what one of the commentary said, it was quite interesting:) I mean, how does it not 'fit'? I thought it didn't add or subtract anything :rolleyes: I would hope they include shots from Lost City :)

I would have though that it would change since we no longer see Don S Davis, Teryl Rothery and some of the pictures are quite oldYou are still talking about the opening credits right? If you are, Teryl R. has never been in the opening credits, but i'm little confused on what your talking about.

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:09 AM
I know, but her name was displayed after the sequence was finished
Only in the episodes she was in. Won't be much of a change there.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:10 AM
True, but still a change. But certainly the change with Don S Davis

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Oh, i understand now :) Yah, pig is right, 'only in episodes shes in', and usually, after the opening credits, thats where it lists the guest stars.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Right. So we'll probably see loads of guests for New Order

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:14 AM
If they don't list them, probably if they have a big load of guests, they'll probably show the names at the end :) Sometimes, unfortunate guests don't even get mentioned in the credits, beginning nor end, and thats just bad for them, although they still got paid, haha...

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:16 AM
I mean, how does it not 'fit'?
Oh, I don't know... Wouldn't know how to desribe it. Something about it just isn't as, I dunno, 'dynamic' as one would hope for in a shot in that opening sequence, set to the rousing SG-1 theme. Maybe it's just me. I think the old sequence they used in syndication in the earlier seasons (and on seasons 1 - 3 on DVD) was pretty good.

I would hope they include shots from Lost City :)
It's not that I'd have anything against that, I just hope they pick shots that make for a good opening sequence, not just automatically pick the most impressive visual effects shots.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Sometimes they do list them at the end also if they have too many, but normally these just include the producers and RDA

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Oh, I don't know... Wouldn't know how to desribe it. Something about it just isn't as, I dunno, 'dynamic' as one would hope for in a shot in that opening sequence, set to the rousing SG-1 theme. Maybe it's just me. I think the old sequence they used in syndication in the earlier seasons (and on seasons 1 - 3 on DVD) was pretty good.

It's not that I'd have anything against that, I just hope they pick shots that make for a good opening sequence, not just automatically pick the most impressive visual effects shots.The old sequence that was the same for like the first 5 seasons? Or the mummy? Or the moving stargate? I don't have S1-3 on DVD so i wouldnt know, haha... :)

I mean, any shot in Lost City would make me happy enough, even a shot of Jack with his cross words puzzle will make me happy :) Haha...

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:22 AM
The old sequence that was the same for like the first 5 seasons?
Not the one with the mummy. I'm talking about the old one with clips, primarily from the first season.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:23 AM
A picture of something so simple? lol

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Not the one with the mummy. I'm talking about the old one with clips, primarily from the first season.O, i know, yah, i liked that one too, but i still like S6+ ones :)

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:25 AM
A picture of something so simple? lol
Huh? I don't understand what you're referring to. :S

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Oh never mind. I was saying something crazy in my own little ship. *echos*

Jafana
July 8th, 2004, 07:30 AM
they change the opening sequence every season don't they?
i remember that season five has that crosseyed death mask.
That certainly wasnt a showing of the funky effects that they do.
but it would be cool if they showed the glowy-squids-of-doom

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Normally, but not always. They normally change some things at the beginning and towards the end of the season such as adding new pictures or something like this

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Normally, but not always. They normally change some things at the beginning and towards the end of the season such as adding new pictures or something like thisWhat are you referring to?

At the beginning of S6 and the end of S6, there was always the same opening credits, and same with S7, i do know that in syndication, S1-5 had the same opening credits, which is what pig liked, the one that had scenes mostly of S1.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:37 AM
I rememeber that at the end of a season (not sure which) they changed ONE picture, but nothing to discuss

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Oh, if you find out which season, plz do share :) but if your talking about the premiere of S6, where it had only a spinning Stargate, then i know what your talking about :), but since you said, it only changed one picture, then nvm :)

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:39 AM
I will, but I'm not going to frantically watch every one right now! lol :D

TheWarrior
July 8th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Sometimes they do list them at the end also if they have too many, but normally these just include the producers and RDA

Yeh Anubis is correct - when there is so many they place the name of the actors or actress who has the most scenes and lines at the beginning so actors and actresses who only have 1 line or more get placed at the end of the show after the first set of credits. An example being Season 4's The Light the actor who played Barber only spoke one or two words so his name was placed at the end.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Yah, thats what i said in the post a few posts up :) Haha... On the first page i mean :)

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Really? Well, just stating the obvious

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Who likes the theme song? I like it :)

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:47 AM
I rememeber that at the end of a season (not sure which) they changed ONE picture, but nothing to discuss
Season 6 had three different opening sequences. The first one consisted mostly of close-up shots of the gate spinning. The second and third ones had many different clips and were practically identical to each other, the only difference being that a shot of Jack in the sarcophagus in Abyss was thrown out in favor of a shot of him firing his gun from Paradise Lost.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Love it. Downloaded it via the iTunes music store! :D

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Season 6 had three different opening sequences. The first one consisted mostly of close-up shots of the gate spinning. The second and third ones had many different clips and were practically identical to each other, the only difference being that a shot of Jack in the sarcophagus in Abyss was thrown out in favor of a shot of him firing his gun from Paradise Lost.Really? I thought S7 had the Jack firing his gun from Paradise Lost, and S6 have always had the sarcophagus, but yah, i'll take your word for it :)

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:53 AM
I do! In fact, I like Stargate music in general. Enough so that I've bought all three soundtracks. :)

I just wish they'd release something from the other seasons besides season 1 as well.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Its funny how the dude who created the theme song gets angered with all the sound effects that stomps over it, haha... Good thing there aren't any sound effects in the opening :) or are there? I've listened to the song so much, i just don't notice anything else, haha...

Mio
July 8th, 2004, 07:57 AM
I do! In fact, I like Stargate music in general. Enough so that I've bought all three soundtracks. :)

I just wish they'd release something from the other seasons besides season 1 as well.
When the series is done and over with (in 2018), hopefully CDs will be dead, and everything will be dvd audio, so they can release a compilation of ALL of the music.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Who knows. There's bound to be SOME effects

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Its funny how the dude who created the theme song gets angered with all the sound effects that stomps over it, haha...
I think he was just joking... Although that interview from the DVD version of last years Lowdown is the only one I've seen of him so I guess I can't be too sure. :)

Good thing there aren't any sound effects in the opening :) or are there? I've listened to the song so much, i just don't notice anything else, haha...
Nah, the opening sequence is refreshingly free of sound effects. Then again, Goldsmith didn't compose the main theme... :p

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 08:01 AM
I think he was just joking... Although that interview from the DVD version of last years Lowdown is the only one I've seen of him so I guess I can't be too sure. :)

Nah, the opening sequence is refreshingly free of sound effects. Then again, Goldsmith didn't compose the main theme... :pWho does? I've always thought that dude whos in charge of the sound place, who 'supposingly was joking' ;) did it. I know he was in a 'joking' mood, i meant like yah, in a playful manner, he was saying his work is under appreciated, but of course, i appreciate it :)

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Nearly all music has sound affects now

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Who does? I've always thought that dude whos in charge of the sound place, who 'supposingly was joking' ;) did it.
That's Joel Goldsmith, and yes it is him who does the music for SG-1. I was talking about the main theme only, the piece of music that was lifted from the original Stargate movie. That was composed by David Arnold.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 08:09 AM
And truly, a good one!

Anthro Girl
July 8th, 2004, 08:32 AM
I've always liked the mummy...even though he was crosseyed. ;) After that, I like the spinning Stargate credits. I don't know when it was broadcast, but I think it's on the first and second episodes of the Season 6 DVDs, then they go to the clip opener.

I also agree with Ugly Pig about the pyramid. Cool effects shot, but the pyramid was in the movie, so that makes it a spoiler of sorts! :rolleyes:

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 08:38 AM
I also agree with Ugly Pig about the pyramid. Cool effects shot, but the pyramid was in the movie, so that makes it a spoiler of sorts! :rolleyes:
Yeah, that's another part of my problem with them putting the pyramid in the opening. If you happened to miss that episode and went on to watch later episodes, you'd get that moment spoiled. Now, of course later episodes can't "keep quiet" about events from earlier ones - there has to be continuity after all - but actually showing it in the opening for every episode is a bit much. Kind of takes away the, uh, "special-ness" of that scene.

Anthro Girl
July 8th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Now, of course later episodes can't "keep quiet" about events from earlier ones - there has to be continuity after all - but actually showing it in the opening for every episode is a bit much. Kind of takes away the, uh, "special-ness" of that scene.
I agree...it was just such a pivotal moment in the series. I'm otherwise happy with the credits from Season 6/7 (especially after they replaced sarcophagus-Jack with pig-killing Jack :p ), but I'm sure they'll add new stuff this year. The pilot for Atlantis probably won't have any clips in it until after the pilot airs.

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 09:30 AM
I'm otherwise happy with the credits from Season 6/7 (especially after they replaced sarcophagus-Jack with pig-killing Jack :p ),
The pig wasn't killed! He's alive I tell you, alive! :(

The pilot for Atlantis probably won't have any clips in it until after the pilot airs.
I believe the opening of the pilot consists of shots of the Antarctic (or what is supposed to be the Antarctic, anyway)... I'm thinking later episodes will probably have a montage of clips like SG-1.

Anthro Girl
July 8th, 2004, 09:35 AM
The pig wasn't killed! He's alive I tell you, alive! :(
Okay, okay..."pig-shooting Jack", then? ;)

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Okay, okay..."pig-shooting Jack", then? ;)
That's better. Now, if only the pig had made it into the opening sequence... Then we'd be talking! :D

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 09:54 AM
As long as they don't have the opening sequence they did in Season 4 and 5. Just having thier names on the screen while the camera pans over the Egyptian relic was boring.

Anthro Girl
July 8th, 2004, 10:00 AM
That's better. Now, if only the pig had made it into the opening sequence... Then we'd be talking! :D
Yes, but only if they'd let him dance. The world needs more dancing pigs...with sunglasses, even...don't you think? :p

BTW, I like the S4/5 panning-across-the-spinning-gate credits that had no clips. Simple, elegant and no cross-eyed pharaoh. Then again, I FFWD over all the credits anyway so really, what do I care?

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Then again, I FFWD over all the credits anyway so really, what do I care?

:) Yeah me too! They just block actual show anyway.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 10:40 AM
I have to agree that the egyptian gold thingy was a bit plain and boring. I don't think they'll go back to that, or at least I hope not

KorbenDirewolf
July 8th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Yeah.. Once I've seen an opening sequence once, I don't really want to watch it again.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 10:43 AM
I agree. The repeating ones can get very boring. Good to see a change

Anthro Girl
July 8th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Three soundtracks? I only know of two. What three are you talking about?

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I know of two. I've got one album and downloaded the TV theme from iTunes! :)

Mio
July 8th, 2004, 10:59 AM
I like the theme song :) If I ever fast forward through them, i set powerdvd to 1.5x, so I can hear the tune in high-speed :P

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I did that with iTunes and boy, does that sound weird but funny!

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Yes, but only if they'd let him dance. The world needs more dancing pigs...with sunglasses, even...don't you think? :p
Funny you should mention that. I happen to have been working on my moves lately...

http://photobucket.com/albums/v413/uglypig/pigdance.gif

What do you think? Worthy of appearing on the SG-1 opening sequence?

Torley
July 8th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Hahaha... omg that's so funny... do a Michael Jackson spin-around and you're all set!

Anthro Girl
July 8th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Funny you should mention that. I happen to have been working on my moves lately...

<image snipped to save bandwidth>

What do you think? Worthy of appearing on the SG-1 opening sequence?
O M G Yes! Yes! YES!!! Right after the wormhole traveling shot! Boogie on, Ugly Pig!!

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Three soundtracks? I only know of two. What three are you talking about?
One OST for the original movie, two for SG-1. :)

Selmak
July 8th, 2004, 08:27 PM
It will probably be like last season... they will probably change a few clips. I hope they will change the whole thing and include many clips from season 8.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 11:09 PM
I agree. I hope everything changes. They use different pictures, and really outline the stargate title

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Hopefully they keep the 'stargate' in there somewehre, haah, what am i talking about?! Of course they will :)

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Of course. They'll have the Stargate SG-1 with the background of the stargate.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 11:22 PM
I hope they leave a scene in the opening credits for bald Teal'c, just for memories :)

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure. They might show a scene or two for each charater from season seven

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Theres always clips of 'action', that includes the cast, like Jack shooting his gun from 'Paradise Lost', and stuff like that, i'm just hoping, doesn't mean they will or won't do it:) But, omg, we'll find out tomarrow?! :D

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah, season eight airs in the US today!

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Oh wait, nevermind 'today' i mean :) Its already 1:30 am here, haha...

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 11:28 PM
lol Post the outcome

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if they have gate moving, and no clips at all, but we all know thats not going to happen :) That would hurt my feelings, personally :( Haha... Well, time for me to go dreaming :)

GateAngel
July 9th, 2004, 05:29 AM
:) Hey guys, I don't know if this has been asked yet, but I was just wondering if any of ThOsE iN cHaRgE have mentioned that the opening credits are changing...

It would make sense, considering this is supposed to be the last year, but I know that the big thing is the $cha-ching$, so I won't hold my breath. :p

I'm really excited about Friday though, guys! I can't wait! :cool:S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Other than removing DSD from them and adding a picture of CJ as Teal'c with hair..no they are not changing the listing order or anything like that.

Ugly Pig
July 9th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Other than adding a picture of CJ with hair..no they are not changing.
Whaaa? Not even to remove DSD's credit? :S

Elwe Singollo
July 9th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Whaaa? Not even to remove DSD's credit? :SDidn't he mention that?

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Other than removing DSD from them and adding a picture of CJ as Teal'c with hair..no they are not changing the listing order or anything like that.
How do you know? You saw it already?

brihana25
July 9th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Didn't he mention that?

How do you know? You saw it already?

She's got a *really* good job. :) She saw it last week.

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 12:09 PM
I want to see lots of asgard in the openning credits. They are my favorite part of Stargate.

Let's see.....Thor beaming O'neill out of the replicator infested sub would make a great clip.

Three asgard ships appearing to the rescue in Revelations....

Thor in his chair....eyes in wierd surprised form.

AgentX
July 9th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Some Asgard in the opening credits would be a nice surprise. I agree with having Thor giving some surprised looks while he sits in the chair.

Avalar
July 9th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Looks like it's confirmed - I figured the new credits would contain that aerial battle over the Antarctic.

Sela
July 9th, 2004, 05:21 PM

I love it, especially since I've learned the words from the commentary sing-a-long. :D

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 07:01 PM
The new credits are very nice, and even include Chia-Teal'c.

Elwe Singollo
July 9th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Yes, i was expecting that they would show that battle scene from LC :) And oh yes, i love Teal'cs hair :) Very nice :)

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Oh goodie! I want to see these now!

morjana
July 10th, 2004, 11:20 PM
The new season eight opening credits: NOTE: Not all the clips are new. And we're missing someone from the previous seven years. Sniff.

1) Clip of the SGC Stargate revolving
2) Jack from "48 Hours" (wearing civilian clothes, when he went to meet Harry Maybourne at the Butch Cassidy Motel)
3) Jack from "Exodus" (firing his P-90 [in the kneeling position] towards the Jaffa after he and Teal'c had been ambushed)
4) Jack, Teal'c and Aldwin looking over the bluff, down into the valley where Zippy's Alkesh's are landing and Jaffa are marching about ("Summit")
5) Jack, Thor and the other Asgard from "The Fifth Race"
6) Clip of the Death Glider strafing the Nasyan village from "In the Line of Duty"
7) Jack firing his sidearm towards the (phantom?) pig in "Paradise Lost"
8) Jack flying the X-302 towards the hyperdrive window in "Redemption - Part One"
9) Stargate SG-1 Title card
10) The X-302 from "Tangent" leaving Earth
11) NEW Clip of Sam -- season eight hair -- possibly from "New Order" (that beautiful one from "Descent" is gone. Sniff.)
12) From "48 Hours," Sam and Daniel, firing towards the strafing Death Gliders overhead
13) NEW clip From "New Order," a view of Teal'c - with hair and sideburns - (from the scene where they find Sam in the woods)
14) Teal'c from "48 Hours" firing on Tannith's Alkesh
15) From "Homecoming," Teal'c and Sam in the Kelownan storage room, as the Jaffa make an appearance
16) Scene from "Fallen" - F-302 flying out of an explosion, and Death Gliders peeling off
17) Scene from "Lost City - Part Two" -- the air battle over Antarctica
18) Scene from "Heroes - Part Two" -- the fire fight against the Jaffa
19) Scene from "Full Circle" -- the Abydonian pyramid exploding
20) Daniel Jackson in Hammond's office
21) Daniel from "Full Circle" engaging Anubis in a showdown
22) Side view of the SGC Stargate kawooshing
23) View of Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c walking up the SGC Stargate ramp and entering the event horizon

Missing -- Don S. Davis as General George Hammond.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

the dancer of spaz
July 11th, 2004, 12:34 AM
I love it, especially since I've learned the words from the commentary sing-a-long. :D

That is the best song EVER! Oh man, my sister and I sing one part over and over, sometimes, because I have to check the DVD for how they sing it.

"Stargate,
It's a crazy trip.
You can go really far,
and you don't need a car,
or even a ship."

Shoot... So funny. It kinda sounds like those "Get in the Gate" promos. Hehe.

Anubis
July 11th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the details on the opener. Sounds good