This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Ancients powers?

Did anyone notice how the Aurora crew didn't seem to use their powers? The Priors and Khalek are supposed to be slightly weaker than the pre-ascended Ancients, yet the Ancient's did not use their powers?

I know it was all in the VR world, but why can't they use their powers in there? If anything the VR should enable you to do anything (like Matrix).

Plus, was that victorian lamp an actual weapon or a powers-enhancing thing (similar to a Prior staff)? I saw no energy blast or light flash when the Wraith disguised as that Ancient BABE stunned Shepard.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

yeah. That weapon seemed so stupid, till shep got stung with it.

I dont think the weapon would enhance their powers though.

Comment

they may use the stun guns cause thier powers may harm people permantly. like if they used mind tricks and shep wasn't ready for it they could do a lot of damage, this of course goes along with thier peaceful ways.

Comment

Don't fanwank it... just add it to the tally of plotholes, incongruities, and inconsistencies brought to you by the SGA writing team. They're gonna make the myriad of continuity errors in the Trek universe look like a drop in the sea in less than half the time at the rate they're going!

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
          they may use the stun guns cause thier powers may harm people permantly. like if they used mind tricks and shep wasn't ready for it they could do a lot of damage, this of course goes along with thier peaceful ways.
          or maybe the mind powers require a certain amount of energy, remember the captain talking about how the crew needed sleep.

Comment

True, Anubis did put Khalek into stasis. Then when he woke up he was Jedi/Sith flinging people with a thought.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
              True, Anubis did put Khalek into stasis. Then when he woke up he was Jedi/Sith flinging people with a thought.
              i was guessing, ive never seen SG-1

Comment

Who said the Atlantis Era Ancients were evolved as much as the Ascend Era ancients?
                I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Why would they run around using thier powers if there isn't a need too? Showing them with powers isn't necessary to the story and most of the powers that khalek showed were used to hurt people, why would the ancients aboard the aurora need to hurt Shep?

Comment

In season 3 we need to see an ancient vs a wraith 1 on 1 with no weapons,
                    then not only can we see the ancient powers but we can also compare them with those of the wraith.

Comment

Personally, it would made a lot more sense if most of the crew are normal humans and only the captain and important people being the anceints. It would have solved a lot of plot hole problems.

Comment

they prolly didn't know bout powers as the wraith hacked alot of stuff

Comment

Writers probably just hoped we wouldnt notice.
                          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Maybe they're not as advanced as the Ancients who can ascend. Ayiana was frozen in Antarctica for millions of years and she didn't age at all and I doubt that Ancient stasis technology is inferior a block of ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                              Maybe they're not as advanced as the Ancients who can ascend. Ayiana was frozen in Antarctica for millions of years and she didn't age at all and I doubt that Ancient stasis technology is inferior a block of ice.
                              Exactly my thought as well... did the Ancients of Atlantis de-evolve since they left Earth millions of years in the past??? I think the writers simply are not following any sort of consistancy guide... very sad!

Comment

Working...
                              X