Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nemesis

See: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7800
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Cool, you can even check out the Stargate U.K. DVDs
    sigpic

Comment

cool the movie was good the only thing it was lacking was a big fleet battle that would have been awesome
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
      sigpic

Comment

I'm getting the 2-disc special collector's edition of Nemesis to review.
        Should be done sometime in the next week I think.

Comment

this is something i'll look out for.

i was disappointed that the scenes with Wesley were removed from movie and the DVD, so hopefully that the deleted scenes, or some of them will be included into the movie

if they added deleted scenes to make a movie longer, and its just oen more reason for me to get it.

sigpic

Comment

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to getting this one as it's got the director AND producer commentaries and more deleted scenes than the original release of the DVD.

Comment

I got the collector's edition, but i haven't watched all the special features yet. it didn't say if the movie was extended, so i'm assuming the deleted scenes are just in the extras section.
              but the special features i've watched so far have been pretty good. a few were too short, but others were kind of touching. they are such a great group of people

Comment

I have the extras *points* great film lacked the battle we all hoped for...

Comment

http://trekweb.com/articles/2005/10/...ff75fe44.shtml

and

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/misc/galileo7-05.htm

But when "Nemesis" was going to be produced, he had no chance. "Would I have taken the chance with Nemesis? - They only should have asked me." When someone else (Stuart Baird) was given the job, "I was only surprised - and disappointed... Would I have let Data die? Never! But he is not really dead. He is an android." Frakes expressed his opinion that one of the reasons for the failure of "Nemesis" was that "the show didn't focus strongly enough on the TNG characters." This remark was followed by a powerful applause. Frakes later added that "it will take some time, and the Star Trek movies will come back... They just like to make money... We will rise from the ashes, and I want to be a part of it."
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

well lets hope that if they do another flick focused around TNG characters then JF will be behind the wheel of it, i mean he directed first contact and therefore should i say more on the matter.

i will say this the result would be probably a better film than FC since he has had the time to improve and FC was the best movie in my mind shame it never grew on from that
                    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

thanks Qasim
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm...interesting. I must admit that I actually fell asleep halfway through Nemesis!

Honestly, if putting JF behind the wheel means we get another First Contact then so much the better. I'd hate to think Nemesis was the last, best hurrah for TNG...

Comment

Exactly. That whole scene in the beginning with the wedding and everyone getting together had me assured it was the last time they'd all be together in a film and was supposed to be this sentimental goodbye but by halfway through the movie I was disgusted by that very fact.

It was certainly not the way to go out.

The only reason I didn't fall asleep was because I never fall asleep even in college astronomy for idiots (major yawn). I had high expectations given the previous two films which I enjoyed. I was sorely disappointed.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

http://trekweb.com/articles/2005/10/...0fd191e3.shtml

About the director Stuart Baird, he said, "The fact that he was from totally outside the franchise did mean that, unlike any of the others directors we've had on the films, Stuart was not familiar with some of the substance, some of the details of STAR TREK. So, from time to time he would ask for something or want something that couldn't be given because of the personality a character had or for technological reasons. But those instances were few and far between."
                            love Torri

Comment

I was actually surprised the movie got made at all. I really hadn't expected another Trek TNG movie when they did Nemesis.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                              X