K-9: Cute mutt or Living hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-9: Cute mutt or Living hell?

First post. ^____^ Metarock Sam introduced me to this site, btw.

Anyways, what are your opinions on K-9? Incase you didn't know, K-9 was Doctor Who's side kick and will be appearing in the new season of Doctor Who for a Episode or 2. He is a Robotic dog, and quite frankly, he has all the answers all the time, which makes him very VERY annoying! But still, gotta love that annoying robotic Dog.

But what do YOU think of him?

Louise Jameson, Tom Baker, and K9 in an amusing publicity shot.

I'm very much an animal lover but K9 should be put to sleep. (can't stand the mutt).

Comment

Hi Dan
      I think K-9 is great.
      He was just so cool and with his intellegince incredibly smart etc .
      I mean hes so cool that hge even got his own spin-off show. K-9 and company.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Hooray for K-9! He's one of my favorite characters. It's kinda funny too that he's so advanced and yet he had to get fixed so many times. I just think he's so cute!
        "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

I liked K-9 can't wait to see it again,,,, along with the sonic screwdriver.
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

ugh, never liked k-9 at all, should have been run over by a 100 ton tank decades ago.

Comment

He never appealed to me. But every reservation I had about the revival has turned out to be needless, so I daresay K9 might be better next year than he was when I was a wee thing.

Madeleine

Comment

Hmm. K9 seems to be the sci-fi equivalent of Wagner or Marmite. You either love 'im or want to drop 'im down a very, very, very deep well.

It has to be said that he was dead useful to have around if you needed a robotic dog with a laser in his gob. On the downside, unless he's been on to the Daleks for flying lessons, stairs might be a problem.

Personally I liked him, but the fact that my age was in single figures at the time might have something to do with it.
                sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen a Doctor Who episode (or clip) with him in. So I can't tell ya, yet.
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved K9 as a child. He was so danged cool! Now I see how stupidly designed he was. A robotic dog with no legs? Wider than the TARDIS doors? However, I still have a soft spot for him - if RTD brings him back in a sensible manner, I might be able to handle him.

Comment

I've always liked K-9.
                      sigpic
                      Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

My favourite off-camera quote of Tom Baker, an out-take from filming.

Tom (to K9) No, you never do have the f^c&ing answer when it's important!

Tom always said, great idea, but a pain in the ass in reality, especially the original version, which screwed up the cameras etc. They had several K9s in the end... for studio work, and for outdoors, and a shell for the actors to carry when required.

I loved K9, but also was very young when he was around... I remember seeing K9 & Company and The Five Doctors when they first aired here in Oz... very exciting...
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                        X