No announcement yet.

We're no longer going where we've gone before - articles about ENT cancellation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're no longer going where we've gone before - articles about ENT cancellation

http://www.insidebayarea.com/bayarealiving/ci_3061373

TV HAS LAUNCHED a new fall season, and something's missing. For the first time in 18 years, there's no new "Star Trek"-related show on the air.

I miss it — not because the most recent incarnation of "Trek" was terrific (it wasn't) but because "Trek" wove itself into the fabric of my life.

Somehow, in the early '90s, when I needed it, "Star Trek" found me.

The local Fox affiliate broadcast reruns of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" every weekday afternoon at 5. My sister and I watched it together.

I loved the replicators. I drank it in when Capt. Jean-Luc Picard explained that 24th-century Earth no longer had hunger or want. And the ideas, the wonders of science and anthropology and bravery and leadership and diplomacy, captivated me.

Then "Star Trek: The Next Generation" ended. I left middle school, turned 13 and lost my favorite show all at once. I called it "my midlife crisis" to the people at my bus stop who might have cared. They were all guys, and we could talk about "Trek" every morning while we squashed ants with our shoes.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

ah the good old days i see.

pitty the ENT season 4 was its last as i think its the only season that showed structure and a real tast of what startrek was.

the point to this thread is what?????

go on??????

yeah????
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

To notify you of a trek related article
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

http://www.planetfandom.com/2005/09/...how_lai_1.html

Gene Rodenberry would be proud, I think. Or at least suprised.

With the paradoxically tragic, and yet celebrated, cancellation of Star Trek: Enterprise, Trekkies across the globe are finding themselves in something of a time-warp. Today, fans are in a similar position to a previous generation when the original Star Trek was taken off the air in 1969. The parallels between the final throes of the Original Star Trek and Star Trek: Enterprise, are indeed noteworthy, but it is the differences between them that may end up revolutionizing TV SciFi as we know it--Star Trek and beyond.
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar

the point to this thread is what?????

go on??????

yeah????

He's got no point to all these meaningless threads Dark!.

He just wants to pile on his post count I guess?....

Don't you have anything to ever say Qasim, instead of just posting link threads?.... I mean some of them are interesting, but instead of making a damn new thread for everyone, why don't you start a 'Qasim link thread' and put them all in one instaed of clogging up the forum room. It's ridiculous

Comment

Indeed no point at all none whatsoever

As I have said many times post count means nothing at all

I have lots to say go and check my SG related posts

It seems that the minority have a problem with me posting links and articles etc - If you have a complaint click the report bad post button and rant away

As for clogging up room - If you have a complaint use the button
            love Torri

Comment

Now that we have a subfolder for Star Trek it's only appropriate that there be lots of Trek-related information in it.

If Qasim wasn't posting these articles, the Trek folder would quickly grow stagnant.

Even if I don't respond I read them and find them interesting. You guys could always start a thread for a subject you find more interesting rather than complaining on something you don't. The articles would quickly disappear if you didn't respond.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I think with in a year or 2 of the next TREK movie we will see another Trek series

Sci fi continues to grow as a market as many more ppl look to sci fi for insperation in everyday issues..think about this a tv show 40years ago only went for 3 short years

they didn't know then wot they started..10 years after they called it a day a movie got the motor really started... Never give up hope on not seeing another trek series its just around the corner

Comment

I like these two sentences by the author,

"Trek" wove itself into the fabric of my life.
                  Somehow, in the early '90s, when I needed it, "Star Trek" found me.

That's what happened to me. I remember watching Voyager on Wednesday and then finding DS9 on Saturdays. I remember getting off from work, stopping by a local hotdog place and coming home to watch DS9. Ahh…Such great memories. I really miss new Trek. But I have high hopes for this new animated series that's coming.

Comment

LOL @ saying replicators instead of Borg :-D

Love the article, post more plz.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      Love the article, post more plz.
                      I don't think we'll see any more posted by Qasim. He left GateWorld nearly a year ago. You don't have to worry about the lack of new Star Trek information, new articles are posted in this folder almost as soon as they're published around the various Trek and sci fi sites.
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                      X