This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predictions for "The Hive"

So watched the Hive and a big cliff-hanger, so what do you think will happen?

My idea very spoilery - even though its based off only 3 pieces of information

SPOILERS
    Well apparently one spoiler said Sheppard ends up with a little girl in a cell, waiting to be further interrogated by the queen.

From Gateworld (AKA piece 1):
    Originally posted by GateWorld
    He finds himself sharing a cell on board a Wraith ship with Neera, a timid young girl he rescued from a stasis cocoon. Neera's entire world was destroyed, and the girl once witnessed her mother and her brother being fed upon by the Wraith. She knew that she was marked for this grisly fate as well

Sheppard tries to keep the mood light to encourage Neera, while at the same time looking for a way to escape. She is impresses that the Colonel does not fear the Wraith, and wants to know more about where he comes from.
    What in science fiction have we learned about strange little girls who want to know everything about you? Let me give you a hint - she probably even has a strange accent . My theory is that the little girl is the Wraith Queen/Keeper messing with Sheppards head, trying to get him to reveal secrets. Because of his ancienty-ness she won't be able to just force him to tell her the answer (like Sumner was forced) so she resorts to trickery. I expect Shep to catch on eventually

Thats it for Gateworld spoilers and on to some speculation -
    McKay is going to escape his captors but not for long, using there enhanced skills they'll hunt him down - he'll get rescued at the last minute by Lornes team.

Back on Atlantis McKay will inform Weir and co. about whats going on before starting to go through withdrawl (this is based on a spoiler from Paul McGillion when he was featured in an article about a day in the life of a SG actor AKA piece 2). The Daedalus will be sent to deal with the situation - cover up tha truth about Atlantis by any means necessary - cue Caldwell acting the baddie, willing to eliminate Sheps team to keep the secret and possibly gain control of the Atlantis military. McKay will want to go but get violent when he is refused - he'll spend the rest of the episode in Detox. What happens to him will also help Beckett create a treatment for Teyla and Dex.

From Martin Gero - The "Hive" will feature a massive space battle (AKA piece 3). This I think will be between the Hive and the Daedalus. The Daedalus won't be able to defeat the Hive though (I have determined this using my super logic powers - if the Daedalus can defeat a hive then it hunting down the hives one at a time becomes a viable option - this would mean that Shep and co. couldn't save the day . plus the Daedalus has $hitty weapons ) so it'll be up to Teyla and Dex to escape in the chaos created by the attack and sabotage the ship. Possibly they'll destroy the teleport blocker - allowing the Daedalus to beam them out and nukes in.

What'll happen to Ford I don't know - either he'll escape again and have an uncertain fate (like "Runner") or sacrifice himself to save everyone

So quick synopsis
    *Queeny tries to pump Shep for information by taking the form of a little girl
    * McKay escapes on his own but is about to be recaptured when he runs into Lorne
    *The Daedalus sets off to "deal with the security leak" meanwhile McKay goes through withdrawl
    * Daedalus arrives and fight begins - Daedalus isn't having much luck
    * Teyla, Dex and other supersoldiers escape and sabotage the ship
    * Daedalus Beams them out and the day is saved
    Last edited by Steve_the_Wraith; 25 September 2005, 06:54 AM.
    sigpic

Sounds good to me. And yes little girls that want information from you are usually a bad sign.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

i guess that sums it up

Comment

I hope they wrap up the Ford storyline
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

The little girl theory sounds good -- you never trust those kids in science fiction, it's the first lesson they teach you for cryin' out loud! I'm curious to find out whether the Wraith discover a) That Atlantis is still around and b) Who Teyla is. I'd think that if they find out who she is they'd want to eliminate her as quickly as possible given what she's done to the fleet. Hopefully Shep will be close-lipped/minded when it comes to the kid.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I didn't think of the little girl angle, but everything else seems a pretty straight forward to me.

I also wondered if Teyla might be able to use her Wraith Psychic powers to either confuse the wraith into releasing them, or save Sheppard.

Also, why isn't Sheppard wondering why he's not returned to his team? Clearly the wraith are messing with his mind. Also, I know wraith try to make people see what's not there, but I thought it was more splashes of light, not actual images individuals.

I think Sheppard was studying how Teyla and Ronan react to the enzyme, and at this point they haven't done anything too horrific, like threaten the life of a patient. It's my opinioin if Ford survives this and escapes, Sheppard will reluctantly come to the conclusion that Ford must be shot on site.

While Ford has shown absolutely no loyalty to his former team, Teyla and Ronan still show that basic loyalty.

If that dirty look Ford gave Sheppard in Seige 2 is any indication, Ford may not have been too loyal to start with.

Comment

I was thinking about the side effects of the Wraith drug.
              Could the lost boys mutate into the Wraith?

Interesting how the Wraith feeds on them and they feed on the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                So watched the Hive and a big cliff-hanger, so what do you think will happen?

My idea very spoilery - even though its based off only 3 pieces of information

SPOILERS
                Well apparently one spoiler said Sheppard ends up with a little girl in a cell, waiting to be further interrogated by the queen.

From Gateworld (AKA piece 1):

What in science fiction have we learned about strange little girls who want to know everything about you? Let me give you a hint - she probably even has a strange accent . My theory is that the little girl is the Wraith Queen/Keeper messing with Sheppards head, trying to get him to reveal secrets. Because of his ancienty-ness she won't be able to just force him to tell her the answer (like Sumner was forced) so she resorts to trickery. I expect Shep to catch on eventually

Thats it for Gateworld spoilers and on to some speculation -
                McKay is going to escape his captors but not for long, using there enhanced skills they'll hunt him down - he'll get rescued at the last minute by Lornes team.
                Spoiler:
                That would be very cool if that happened but it says on the PG site that the girl is really a young woman and she is a wraith worshipper sent by the queen to get info about earth from Shep.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                  Spoiler:
                  That would be very cool if that happened but it says on the PG site that the girl is really a young woman and she is a wraith worshipper sent by the queen to get info about earth from Shep.
                  Well seems I was wrong about that, but the old adage stands, in science fiction don't trust strange young women who want to know all about you and may or may not have creepy accents
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope we get to see Hermiod again.

Comment

I don't think they get anything out of Shep, because the plot of "Critical Mass" is that
                      Spoiler:
                      a traitor in Atlantis has alerted the Wraith and planted a bomb

Comment

Spoiler:
                        wraith worshipper
                        WTF?
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by RalCaladan
                          I don't think they get anything out of Shep, because the plot of "Critical Mass" is that
                          Spoiler:
                          a traitor in Atlantis has alerted the Wraith and planted a bomb
                          When the Wraith inevitably find out Atlantis is still around its going to be at the beginning or end of a season - that kind of development is too big for a med season 2 parter
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                            WTF?
                            Spoiler:
                            I know!!!! They must be severely brainwashed!!! I wonder what their rituals involve and what they see the wraith as?
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I know!!!! They must be severely brainwashed!!! I wonder what their rituals involve and what they see the wraith as?
                              Hopefully SGA isnt going to go that way
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X