This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Hammond deserves Four Stars

Very insy weensy, itty bitty, little, minor season 8, you-probably-already-knew-anyway-but-I'd-better-warn-just-in-case-*SPOILER* below.
    In Season 8 Major General Hammond finally gets promoted to Lt. General (three star). I personally believe that this promotion was *way* overdue and I hope he gets deep-selected to full General very soon. George Hammond has been an amazing leader, and a wonderful example to the men and women under his command. His desicions, just as much as SG-1's actions, have saved Earth many times over.

I want a Four-Star General Hammond...better yet, George Hammond for PRESIDENT!
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

I'd vote Hammond for president.

Comment

I don't know if: Ran top secret government program for seven years, dealing with fate of the planet stuff would look good on one's resume for President.

I'd still vote for him though...If it were possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
        Very insy weensy, itty bitty, little, minor season 8, you-probably-already-knew-anyway-but-I'd-better-warn-just-in-case-*SPOILER* below.
        In Season 8 Major General Hammond finally gets promoted to Lt. General (three star). I personally believe that this promotion was *way* overdue and I hope he gets deep-selected to full General very soon. George Hammond has been an amazing leader, and a wonderful example to the men and women under his command. His desicions, just as much as SG-1's actions, have saved Earth many times over.

I want a Four-Star General Hammond...better yet, George Hammond for PRESIDENT!
        Are you sure he gets promoted to Lt. General? As far as I can tell he appears to only have gotten a promotion in position and not in rank. I couldn't tell from the pictures of him in the Atlantis episode "Home", but it did look like he was still only wearing two stars!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but pictures don't lie!

Ace
        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
          Please correct me if I'm wrong, but pictures don't lie!
          yes they do. They lie all the time!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            yes they do. They lie all the time!
            Care to give an example?

Ace

Comment

There's a shot of Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks kissing in the "Resurrection" gallery that wasn't in the show, but as far as outfits are concerned, I think what you see is canon

Comment

Originally posted by David
                There's a shot of Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks kissing in the "Resurrection" gallery that wasn't in the show, but as far as outfits are concerned, I think what you see is canon
                Touche However like you said we aren't discussing two characters action, but instead their outfits and in these case the uniform General Hammond wears. Which from the picture in Home has only 2 stars on it.

Would be nice to see an extra star on his uniform though!

Ace
                Last edited by Ace; 27 May 2008, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I definetly would vote for Hammond for President, he is way better than all of the current candidates !

Comment

Wouldn't they refer to it as a re-assignment if he weren't getting a promotion?

::Hammond for President!::
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                      Wouldn't they refer to it as a re-assignment if he weren't getting a promotion?

::Hammond for President!::
                      Minor Spoilers Season 8

Not necessarily... reassignment suggest a lateral move, wheras a promotion means vertical.

Moving from the Commander of the SGC to being incharge of all things related to the Stargate, including "Homeworld Defense" is definately a vertical move.

But promotion does not always mean a change in rank. For instance if you were the Commander of the Pacific Fleet for the US Navy, you would be wearing 4 stars on your uniform. If you were then promoted to Chief of Naval Operations, you would still be wearing 4 stars on your uniform. But you would have been promoted to the highest ranking member of the Navy.

I wouldn't consider that a reassignment but instead a promotion, as I believe most other people would.

Ace

Comment

I'm not a military expert, I know very little, but my sister and I were talking about how many stars he has, it's also difficult for them to raise and we came to the conclusion that in order to get 5 stars you have to PUBLICLY save the world. :-D
                        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I may have mistook the button on Hammond's shoulder strap for a third star (in the "Home" picture). If that is the case, I'm even more upset.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                            I'm not a military expert, I know very little, but my sister and I were talking about how many stars he has, it's also difficult for them to raise and we came to the conclusion that in order to get 5 stars you have to PUBLICLY save the world. :-D
                            You would also have to be in the middle of a Congress declared war! As that is the only way a person is allowed to gain a 5th star. It is reserved for war time status.

The 5th star was mainly used in WWII so that American commanders would not be outranked by their British counterparts who attained the rank of Field Marshal. As was Eisenhower's case!

Ace

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                              I may have mistook the button on Hammond's shoulder strap for a third star (in the "Home" picture). If that is the case, I'm even more upset.
                              Yeah...I know, I thought that is probably what happened. Maybe we should start a petition!

GiveGeneralHammondAThirdStar.com

P.S. Sorry in advanced for mocking several well known Stargate websites. But I couldn't resist.

Ace

Comment

Working...
                              X