This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrath remind me of...

They remind me of the drow aka dark elves in dnd. The females always seem to be in power lol.

what do you guys think they remind you of?
    We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

DS9's Pah Wraith, simply because of the name...lol

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

space vamps.....which they are lets face it.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        space vamps.....which they are lets face it.
        Yeah, they give me goosebumps whenever they're on screen.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

You guys simply keep missing the point. It's talking about appearance, societal basis..etc and they are closest to Drows.

They are like Drows.
          1. Skin colour similarity (kindoff)
          2. Females run the clans
          3. Society is based on clans (like Wraith, hives)
          4. Hierarchal system
          5. White hair
          6. Elaborate costume
          7. Live underground (in Wraith context, in hives - underground)
          8. Prefer darkness to light
          9. Insectoid preferences (Wraith - Eratmus Bug, Drow - Spider)
          10. Long Nails

www.drowtales.com is a DROW comic I started reading and have read for 2-3 years now.

Comment

Definately drow. Those make really great characters too. Kinda creepy.
            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

i dont find the wraith scarry at all.....there the worst enemy anyone has came up with for along time, i find the genii loads worse
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Does anyone think the Wraith design is somewhat inspired by Jenova from Final Fantasy 7? It can't be coincidence that the Stargate Ancients and the FF7 Ancients both fell to a blue hard to kill race/being.
                sigpic
                I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  i dont find the wraith scarry at all.....there the worst enemy anyone has came up with for along time, i find the genii loads worse
                  The Genii are so ruthless that they are extremely scary. I hope we get to see more of them in future episodes.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                    You guys simply keep missing the point. It's talking about appearance, societal basis..etc and they are closest to Drows.

They are like Drows.
                    1. Skin colour similarity (kindoff)
                    2. Females run the clans
                    3. Society is based on clans (like Wraith, hives)
                    4. Hierarchal system
                    5. White hair
                    6. Elaborate costume
                    7. Live underground (in Wraith context, in hives - underground)
                    8. Prefer darkness to light
                    9. Insectoid preferences (Wraith - Eratmus Bug, Drow - Spider)
                    10. Long Nails

www.drowtales.com is a DROW comic I started reading and have read for 2-3 years now.

Yo thanks for that link man!! haha

Anyways yeah the Genii amaze me with their strength, I mean seriously these people own a lot of crap I mean after the wraith of course.
                    We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

For some reason the wraith remind me of Catfish...yes Catfish... not the soldier wraith the more important ones with faces...well the female ones...lol
                      i dont like the genii...they p*ss me off....but they are a better enemy than the wraith...
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

they remind me of ants like everything is basicly the same the hive the women run everything they have workers and soldiers the smell thing with the bug in 38 min and conversion
                        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                        sigpic

Comment

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but if someone knows then please tell me; is there a reason why "Steve" the wraith has been reused over 10 times?? Are there only so many differant "models" like cylons?? Are there multiple Steve's?? In 2-09 a wraith looking exactly like steve appeared, and again in 2-10, not including atleast 8 other times. It's weird.

Comment

They remind me of the Borg from Star Trek as they have a Queen and a telepathic link with everyone called a Hive mind.
                            Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                            Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                              I didn't want to start a new thread for this but if someone knows then please tell me; is there a reason why "Steve" the wraith has been reused over 10 times?? Are there only so many differant "models" like cylons?? Are there multiple Steve's?? In 2-09 a wraith looking exactly like steve appeared, and again in 2-10, not including atleast 8 other times. It's weird.
                              It's because they used the same actor that played Steve.
                              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X