This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Who: Generalised series "2" spoilers & speculation

Does anybody else here think that having a generalised 'series 2 spoiler' thread would be a good idea, much like the one over at Outpost Gallifrey?

Whilst not normally overly obsessed with spoilers, I think alot of WHO fans enjoy the speculation leading up to a new series. There's so much fun to be had with continuity issues that I'd like a seperate thread where we can discuss spoilers and gossip regarding the new series without the need to fill the thread with spoiler tags and blank space.

I know the forum's rules on spoilers are quite clear, but I think Doctor Who has a very different attitude to spoilers. Very little is given out officially and alot of the spoilers are based on gossip and speculation. Alot of the time spoilers tend to be nothing more than heresay. In reality we could be spoiler tagging comments that turn out to be non-spoilers.

I know that leading up to the airing of the next series the media and RTD will whip us all up into a frenzy, and I'd like somewhere to discuss it all.

Thoughts...?

so let's do it... this seems like a good place to put spoilers & speculation. (we can change the thread title if you would like to make it clear what it's for?)
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
      I know the forum's rules on spoilers are quite clear, but I think Doctor Who has a very different attitude to spoilers. Very little is given out officially and alot of the spoilers are based on gossip and speculation. Alot of the time spoilers tend to be nothing more than heresay. In reality we could be spoiler tagging comments that turn out to be non-spoilers.

I know that leading up to the airing of the next series the media and RTD will whip us all up into a frenzy, and I'd like somewhere to discuss it all.

Thoughts...?
      I am not sure about whipping up a frenzy. Does he do that?

Anything that can make my life easier is more than welcome, I so don't like using those tags. Hmm, I don't like too much speculation it can get confusing and lead to disappointment. If we can talk about what is actually going to happen with some spec that's alright.

Comment

Sounds good to me.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

So does anyone have any ideas about what David Tennant's Doctor will get up to

Comment

oh and yah.... it's not series 2, is it? strictly speaking...

I'll get my coat...

(so, shall I change the thread title?)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
              oh and yah.... it's not series 2, is it? strictly speaking...

I'll get my coat...

(so, shall I change the thread title?)
              Yes..yes I know it's not Series 2, but we're going to be wrong whatever we call it. If we call it Series 28 some people'll have a go....what to do??

Anyways, MC would you mind changing the thread title, then we can get on spoiling ourselves (oops that sound naughty).

Comment

Apparently theres a scene of him being carried into the tardis in his pyjamas in the chrimbo special.

Comment

Yes..yes I know it's not Series 2, but we're going to be wrong whatever we call it. If we call it Series 28 some people'll have a go....what to do??

Anyways, MC would you mind changing the thread title, then we can get on spoiling ourselves (oops that sound naughty).
                  Et voila!!!

It is done.

did someone mention pyjamas and a TARDIS?

*faints*

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps they are revisiting post-regeneration trauma.

Comment

Thanks MC...you're a star.

Comment

Thanks MC...you're a star.
                        *tips hat*

just doin' my job, ma'am.

So..... spoilers I don't have, and no informed speculation - but a question. Is it true, no Captain Jack until series "3"?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd really like to see some more of the story type stuff, and less of the alien of the week sort of thing. Unless they're going to introduce some really good story arcs I'm probably going to love the next series, but not in the way I used to.

sigpic

Comment

^ Yep, no Captain Jack till S3.

However, the good news....our friends from Mondas are returning.

Comment

Of course I'm only really waiting for the Cybermen and the Daleks...

sigpic

Comment

Also our favourite robotic dog is returning.

Comment

Working...
                              X