skate and jate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skate and jate

this is here to give the pros and cons of both relationships. or to state your oppinion on why there shouldn't be either.
    Save us from danger, save us from evil
    Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Who the hell is skate and Jate? IS it a mix of two names or something?
    Jate, meh. Seems so streotypical to me...What is Skate?

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

skate = Sawyer/Kate
      jate = Jack/Kate

for clearification.

Comment

It seems like, for now, Jack and Kate is sort of happening...but there are some definite road blocks that have been placed. Kate seems to go against what Jack believes for often than Jack likes.

As for Sawyer, he has really grown as a person I think. It is possible that by the end of this season, or a few from now, he could become a good man. This could lead to some jelousy...we'll see.
        sigpic

Comment

I am a complete pro Skate! Sawyers an awesome character and Jack and Kates...I dunno :\

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

this is what i think about skate and jate.

i'll go with jate first, because i seriously despise this one. Jack has gone through a failed marriage (with Sara) and i think that it didn't work because Sara worshipped him because he fixed her. I think that because of Jack's mile long ego, he liked that fact, but relationships don't last unless they're both considered equals. it's the same with Kate and Jack. Kate is/was a bad person, she did some pretty bad things, we don't yet know why or the full extent though. Kate looks up to Jack like a hero, he's what she wants to be, but doesn't think that she can be. Jack treats her like a child so many times. he think that she can't handle something(like the dynomite), or when she "screws up" he completely takes it out on her. you'd think that Jack would've learned something from his first marriage. the only good thing that would come out of it is that Kate might be good for once, but how long will it last after the relationship plummets? (this is why i'm happy they're adding in Ana-lucia, she seems like she'd treat Jack like an equal, not fawn all over him.)

now for skate. (for all fairness, i'll post some of the reasons they shouldn't be together.) Sawyer treats Kate like an equal, it might be strangely twisted because of his insecurities (the namecalling, crude comments, etc.). Their relationship is more of a sexual attraction. it's not so much an "o, let's sit and talk and smile, etc. and now i'll go off to do something heroic while you sit on the beach and pine for me." nope, it's more real. now i guess one reason they shouldn't hook up is because he's used a lot of women, who's to say that Kate isn't any different, or won't be when they leave the island. although i still think that Sawyer would hide her and not let her get caught, whereas Jack would "do the right thing" and turn her in.

Comment

Totally Sawyer/Kate.

Jack is way too judgmental of Kate. I think he finds her fascinating, she's very different from what he's used to and I think he gets off on the fact that she looks up to him, but he'll never let her completely forget her past.

Sawyer on the other hand, completely gets Kate. And Kate gets Sawyer. They're two of a kind, the only ones who don't belong as Sawyer says. And frankly when the two of them are together the screen just sizzles. That kiss in Confidence Man was totally hot. I think Kate enjoyed that way more than she expected she would. I know I did, and I was just watching.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twiggy
                this is what i think about skate and jate.

i'll go with jate first, because i seriously despise this one. Jack has gone through a failed marriage (with Sara) and i think that it didn't work because Sara worshipped him because he fixed her. I think that because of Jack's mile long ego, he liked that fact, but relationships don't last unless they're both considered equals. it's the same with Kate and Jack. Kate is/was a bad person, she did some pretty bad things, we don't yet know why or the full extent though. Kate looks up to Jack like a hero, he's what she wants to be, but doesn't think that she can be. Jack treats her like a child so many times. he think that she can't handle something(like the dynomite), or when she "screws up" he completely takes it out on her. you'd think that Jack would've learned something from his first marriage. the only good thing that would come out of it is that Kate might be good for once, but how long will it last after the relationship plummets? (this is why i'm happy they're adding in Ana-lucia, she seems like she'd treat Jack like an equal, not fawn all over him.)
                I think the dynamite bit wasn't that he didn't think she could handle it, but more that he didn't want her to get hurt. And that does not neccesarily mean she couldn't handle it, afterall Arstz, or however you spell his name, knew ALOT about dynamite and how to handle it, he still got blown up

Although your opinions do make sense.... I guess it's in the eye of the beholder!
                Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X