PDA

View Full Version : The New Novels - Anyone Submitting?

David
July 7th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Is anyone submitting (or have you submitted) a treatment for a novel you want released by Fandemonium (the publishers of the new novel series)?

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 03:48 PM
I'm not good at whole-team actiony stuff. I'm better at small, angst-ridden character pieces. ;)

Jafana
July 7th, 2004, 06:08 PM
SaharaGate and I are working on a story that we believe could eventually be novel-worthy. But at the moment it's in the very infant stage.
Besides, we're not quite sure how they feel about co-authors. We keep talking about emailing them and finding out, but I think we're both afraid of what they might say.

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Hmm... think they'd be interested in Food Server Diaries: Beyond the Kitchen? ;)

Jafana
July 7th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I certainly would.
Have you actually done fic about Luke?

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 06:30 PM
I've done two so far. I'll probably have to do a third after S8. ;) They're on Gateworld's fanfic archive. They're also on Luke's Page, if you follow the link in my sig.

Tok'Ra Hostess
July 8th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Is anyone submitting (or have you submitted) a treatment for a novel you want released by Fandemonium (the publishers of the new novel series)?

Are they accepting submissions, now?

Skydiver
July 8th, 2004, 12:16 PM
last i knew they were not accepting submissions yet. they want to wait and see what the sales of the already commissioned ones are

as to subbing, yeah, i am.

don't figure i got a snowball's chance in netu, but what the heck?

and if they say no, i know of two zine publishers that will accept any of my stories, so all that work isn't gonna be wasted

David
July 8th, 2004, 02:36 PM
I'm reading Trial By Fire right now and I have not been dissapointed. It leans a little bit toward daniel as opposed to a balance of all four, but only slightly. Very very informative. Apparently the facts about ancient cultures are accurate.

Skydiver
July 8th, 2004, 06:54 PM
i understand that doc did a lot of research. i'm still waiting for my copy. it's somewhere between here and the UK

we'll see if it arrives in time for me to take it on the plane or not

David
July 8th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Exactly! lol, yeah I'm going to read most of it to gatecon, maybe all, and then if that's the case, write about it on the way back.

Gilder
July 10th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Gee, sounds like a place to submit my "George" fic. I'm afraid to write it because it may be VERY long.

Gilder

David
July 10th, 2004, 05:30 AM
I dunno, Gilder! If it's good, maybe!

Skydiver
July 10th, 2004, 09:20 AM
if you're gonna sub to the novels it needs to be long, 60,000 - 70,000 pages....and must fit in with canon

the english translation to that is 80 odd 10pt single spaced pages, 250ish if it's double spaced and 12 point font

shonac85
July 15th, 2004, 12:19 PM
rach0486 and I have been writing a novel for that purpose (this was before we found out they were allow people to submit stuff). So we will be submitting, when nearer completion.

Iskandra
July 21st, 2004, 01:33 AM
I'm reading Trial By Fire right now and I have not been dissapointed. It leans a little bit toward daniel as opposed to a balance of all four, but only slightly. Very very informative. Apparently the facts about ancient cultures are accurate.

I got mine a week ago and read it in one evening (I was actually supposed to sleep and such, but couldn't stop) - I sure hope the author writes some more novels - that was probably the best "tv tie-in" thing I've ever read - especially due to the thorough research.
And it had Latin in it! It was also exceptionally well written, and I like the author's playfulness with language....

jenniferhailey
August 6th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Don't laugh...but, yes. I am submitting. If you've ever read my work, you'll be laughing your a** off.

But most of my fic was ages ago and I'd like to forget about it.

Besides, I'm not writing it alone. :-)

Only problem is I have Writers Block at the moment.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~jessmerrick

Trial by Fire was disappointing, I found. AND THE ENGLISH DO NOT SPEAK LIKE THAT! As an English person myself, I have never met anyone who said DUCKIE! Not even my granny says DUCKIE!

But, it was readable, entertaining. Pretty good I guess. Probably better than I could do.

Skydiver
August 6th, 2004, 01:22 PM
AND THE ENGLISH DO NOT SPEAK LIKE THAT! As an English person myself, I have never met anyone who said DUCKIE! Not even my granny says DUCKIE!

But, it was readable, entertaining. Pretty good I guess. Probably better than I could do.

I thought it was readable too. it had what i see as some flaws, but that's also just my tastes adn preferences.

I guess i had less of an issue with kelly saying 'duckie' than i did Jack saying 'pear-shaped'.

Trust me, as an american from the midwest, that isn't an expression we use. So, I guess, in a nutshell, you could tell that a non-American wrote it and left her non-American phrases in it....which kinda jar when it's supposed to be an american character talking

on the other hand, her research was good, I liked Kelly, i'm glad the whumpage wasn't too over the top like Doc could be at times. The switching POV's caught me out a time or ten and I had to go back and re-read to catch up with where i was....I just had an issue with the American characters speaking like they were British

When I read fanfic, I sorta expect it, just didn't in a professionally published book

ShadowMaat
August 6th, 2004, 01:25 PM
I've been known to talk about things going "pear-shaped" but that's because I read a lot of Brit Lit. ;)