PDA

View Full Version : A Look at the Best Shows This Season

Qasim
September 24th, 2005, 11:06 AM
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050924/NEWS/509240325/1021

"Threshold" may be similar in concept to ABC's new "Invasion," but it is far superior in concept and execution, convincingly conjuring an intrusive visit from extraterrestrials who haven't come just to play tunes or put on light shows. Carla Gugino is the resident Superwoman, a "contingency analyst" who explains her job thus: "I deal in worst-case scenarios, the unthinkable." With a colorful crew of fellow geniuses, she leads the effort to discover the nature of the enemy and to keep the public from panicking. (CBS Fridays, 9 p.m., already premiered).

AGateFan
September 24th, 2005, 11:59 AM
The best shows this season are now in hiatus until January. Nothing but sports to watch now.

Qasim
September 24th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Indeed - I just copied the title of the article I was quoting from

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 24th, 2005, 01:33 PM
That's the one with Brent Spiner (from TNG) in it. If it is then I MIGHT watch it.

Qasim
September 24th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Yes its the one with Brent Spiner

Morbo
September 24th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Threshold is pretty good. I finally got around to watching the two hour premiere the other night, and just watched last nights episode. I like it, and yes I enjoy that Brent Spiner is on it, and he's lost some weight and is looking pretty good.

I gave Invasion a chance last week, and I might be giving it a shot this week after Lost, but I won't make a point to. It was pretty bad.

But if you liked X-Files, etc, then I highly suggest giving Threshold a look, it's got my attention.