Enterprise season 4 spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enterprise season 4 spoilers

For those who are interested - I saw these on Trek Today.

It was time travel, dang it!

http://www.trektoday.com/news/070704_01.shtml

After almost a season of taking a backseat to the Xindi arc, the Temporal Cold War will heat up again when Star Trek: Enterprise returns for its fourth season in September.

TrekToday sources today provided the first plot details for the premiere episode, reportedly entitled "Storm Front". Continuing from where "Zero Hour" left off, Archer is in the custody of the Nazis, who, as it turns out, are mostly human. When he is being transferred in a jeep with some Nazi soldiers, the vehicle is ambushed. He wakes up in the apartment of Alicia Silvers, a resistance sympathiser. The year? 1944. The place? New York City.

As it turns out, the Germans have made impressive in-roads into North America, as well as Africa and Russia. Washington, D.C., has fallen and the bombed-out White House is now in the hands of the Nazis. They are being aided by an alien commander, Vosk, who is equipping the Germans with weapons based on futuristic technology to aid their war effort.

The general populace remains ignorant of the alien masterminds behind the Nazi advance. When Archer tells Alicia about the figure he saw when he woke up in the tent — the alien with the piercing red eyes — she says that she has heard stories, nothing more. Through her contacts in the American resistance, Alicia promises to introduce Archer to someone who may know more concrete details.

Meanwhile, back on Enterprise, Daniels, the temporal agent, lies dying in sickbay. His body is in flux — some parts are aging, while other portions are regressing to a younger stage. Before he loses consciousness, Daniels manages to tell T'Pol that there is someone the crew needs to stop. This mysterious threat turns out to be none other than Silik, who steals an Enterprise shuttlepod and heads toward Earth...

Please note that these plot details have not yet been confirmed by Paramount Pictures or UPN and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour from an unofficial source. The information comes from an early draft of the script and aspects of the episode may change before it goes to air.

also

http://www.trektoday.com/news/060704_02.shtml

Star Trek: Enterprise executive producer Rick Berman today said last season's cliffhanger will be resolved within the first few episodes of season four.

"We've already mapped out the first six or seven episodes, in a general sense," Berman said in issue 116 of Star Trek Magazine. "We've got a story beat out for the first episode. The Xindi arc will be resolved within the first three episodes.

"And when I say the Xindi arc I mean the predicament of where our characters now find themselves," he said, referring to last season's cliffhanger episode, "Zero Hour", in which Archer wakes up in the custody of an unknown alien wearing a Nazi uniform.

Instead of a storyline that unfolds over the course of an entire year, season four will be comprised of a series of "very high-concept mini-arcs", Berman said. "Just as when we did Star Trek: First Contact, we couldn't do a movie about Picard and company saving the future from being destroyed, we can't do another season-long on Enterprise that involves Archer and company trying to save humanity. On the other hand, we don't feel that we want to go back to the season one and season two concept of 'we're out there exploring space,' period."

Former Odyssey 5 writer Manny Coto, who joined the Enterprise staff as co-executive producer last season, will take a more active role in the creative direction of the series. Coto has been working with Berman and executive producer Brannon Braga to map out these arcs, which "will run two, three, maybe four episodes".

"We've got a couple of them that I think are going to have some big surprises and things that will hearken back to perhaps The Original Series. We'll bring in some actors, and possibly some characters, that are very familiar to our audience."

It sounds awesome.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

That does sound really good. I may just have to tune in to the first few episodes of Season 4.

Comment

This is very exciting stuff. Thanks for reporting!

Comment

oooh!!!!

i didnt read it but from what the other responses are i'm sure its interesting!

hahahahahaha

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Well, I'm still not sold on the Space Nazi thing, but the mini- arcs thing sounds good. Sounds like the kind of thing that will allow you to jump in mid- season and try.
            "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

I've liked when they have done the Space Nazi thing in the past with Star Trek, so I'm hoping the trend continues. I remember watching the first season of Enterprise. I hope not too much has happened since then

Comment

Just watch the last two episodes of season 2 and the entire season 3 and you will be right were season 4 starts.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Ooh, I like the sound of S4! I hope it keeps up the same standard as S3!

Comment

Any direction would be better than Pre-Season 3.

Comment

Season 3 was the best season so far.

Comment

Season 1 had promise, but became bad. Season 2 had promise, but became bad. This is of course my opinion but I know a lot of people agree with me. What's been wrong with those two years? Little to no character developing episodes and trite stories. Season 3 was absolutely fantastic. Now what they need to do with Season 4 is develop the characters above all else and the show will round itself out, in my opinion.

This mini-arc thing sounds great though. Very original. Well... sorta like Doctor Who in a very weird way.
                        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Another Trek Today tidbit - guess who (not Shatner) is supposed to be on Enterprise next season...

http://www.trektoday.com/news/110704_01.shtml

Star Trek: The Next Generation actor Brent Spiner (Data) is reportedly set to make a series of guest appearances on Enterprise this season.

Spiner's TNG co-star Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) told fans at the Dallas Sci-Fi Expo yesterday that Spiner will appear in three episodes, according to a report submitted by TrekToday reader Jason Weingartner.

The actor, who will reportedly appear without make-up, won't be playing his most familiar character, the android Data, but the grandfather of Data's creator, Dr. Noonien Soong. Soong appeared in the fourth-season Next Generation episode, "Brothers", in which Spiner pulled triple-duty, playing Data, his brother Lore, and Soong.

Sirtis reportedly told fans Spiner's first episode will start shooting next month, with November sweeps the most likely air date. Production on Enterprise's fourth season is scheduled to begin this week, when the premiere episode, "Storm Front", goes before the cameras.

Discussing his plans for Enterprise's fourth season recently, executive procducer Rick Berman said there was a possibility the show could feature "some actors, and possibly some characters, that are very familiar to our audience" (story).

Please note that this information has not been confirmed by Paramount Pictures or UPN and until such time you should treat it as you would any rumour from an unofficial source. Thanks to Jason for sending this in!

Comment

More spoiler stuff.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/090704_04.shtml

The Romulan Wars are tipped to be the subject of the next Star Trek feature film.

Enterprise executive producer Brannon Braga reportedly told the Star Trek Communicator that the series may not be able to feature the Romulan Wars because of a possible clash with the upcoming movie.

"It's certainly one of the things that we've been discussing," Braga reportedly said. "But there's also a prequel feature in development regarding the Romulan Wars, so we might have to stay away from that." In the same magazine, franchise head honcho Rick Berman said Trek XI would be set before the time of Kirk, but would not be connected with Enterprise.

The first sighting of the Romulans came in the second-season episode, "Minefield", in which the NX-01 inadvertantly strayed into Romulan territory. According to established Star Trek lore, the Romulan Neutral Zone was established in 2160 after a long war between Earth and the Romulans. With "Zero Hour" taking place in 2154, the Romulan Wars could conceivably take place during Enterprise's run.

Braga also discussed the storylines in development for Enterprise's fourth season, including the return of the Temporal Cold War. "One thing we're discussing is possibly blowing the lid off the Temporal Cold War once and for all," he reportedly said. "That's probably something we'll do in this first storyline. I can't say that for sure, because we're just getting into it. But I'd really like to resolve that and put a cap on it. It would be a nice thing to do after three seasons of teasing it along."

The foundation of the Federation could also start to figure heavily in the series. "There are going to be some major interstellar events and conflicts happening that could involve the forming of the federation. We're going to see more of what's going on back at Earth. We might see something dealing with the Eugenics Wars."

To read the complete interviews with Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, pick up the latest issue of the Star Trek Communicator. Thanks to 'guyute03' for providing these excerpts!

Comment

Ohh, this season is gonna rock!!

Hopfully this romulan war movie isn't a roumor. If TPTB do it right, this movie could be very good. It will be interesting to see how they show the prequel-verse, like enterprise, or more like TOS, as everyone thought before enteprise came out.

Comment

Working...
                              X