This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Tech Conspiracy Theory

Thor once said they had taken a sample of the Ancient Library but only managed to scratch the surface, has it crossed anyones mind that maybe the technology they have is nothing more than backward enginnered Ancient Tech? Beam Tech from the ring transporters and transporter chambers. Shields, Energy Weapons Hyperdrive tech?
    Spoiler:

Its possible -but they must have had some decent tech of their own to have been in the alliance
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I think it was mentioned to get a clear picture how advanced the Ancients are. The Asgard are advanced by their own tech. They try and learn from the Ancients but it is to complicated that they have only "scratched the service"

That's how I took it.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

TBPH i don't think the asgard have the humans best interests at heart, i know sounds odd but look at the facts:

1. they come and go when they please
        2. they dont share technology so freely and i think the only time they have is recently to the fans gipping i hope that they never help us guys out.
        3. they do things to humans without consent.
        4. i know they have had their own problems but the Goa'uld a plague to the galaxy they didt lift a grey finger to rid us of them did they?

think about it for a moment!
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

The Asgards have done more to help primitive races than any other advanced race in the show. Even with all of the Asgard's advanced technology, it was not easy for them to free all of the Goa'uld's slaves, sure they probably could have wiped out the Goa'uld in a week but it would have meant the deaths of millions or even billions of slaves, not to mention the chaos that would come after the fall of the Goa'uld. Most of the planets under Goa'uld control are poverty stricken and without the Goa'uld's leadership many would die of starvation, there would be civil wars all across the galaxy and there’s always the chance of the Jaffa rising to take the place of the Goa’uld as dictators of the Milky Way. If the Asgard were to free the Milky Way from the Goa’uld, they would also be forced to artificially advance every planet to the point where they could support themselves or the galaxy would be plunged into chaos, it would require massive amounts of resources not to mention the fact that artificially advancing a race is extremely dangerous if that race is not able to handle the technology.

Comment

Way to defend those little gray buts dude.
            I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
            so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
            But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
            Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
            GW My home away from home....
            My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

Well maybe they didn't help because they were loseing a war for their very survival against an almost unbeatable enemy that would stop at nothing to consume their entire galaxy? And now that they have "won" the war they are reduced to insanely small numbers with barely the resources to construct and maintain a dozen ships. The Asgard are hardly in a position to help us out right now. I'm personally glad that they gave us a few things, things that without which the galaxy would be in bigger trouble than it already is. The Deadie would have been destroyed by a wraith fleet already, and Atlantis would either be in a million peices or would be being salvaged by the wraith who would be working on consumeing our galaxy right now.

I think that the Asgard have given us a great deal. I really think the only thing we could use is a dumbed down version of the Asgard energy cannons. Maybe some medical know-how, you know a cure for cancer, aids, and a few other pesky viruses and maladies?

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                The Asgards have done more to help primitive races than any other advanced race in the show. Even with all of the Asgard's advanced technology, it was not easy for them to free all of the Goa'uld's slaves, sure they probably could have wiped out the Goa'uld in a week but it would have meant the deaths of millions or even billions of slaves, not to mention the chaos that would come after the fall of the Goa'uld. Most of the planets under Goa'uld control are poverty stricken and without the Goa'uld's leadership many would die of starvation, there would be civil wars all across the galaxy and there’s always the chance of the Jaffa rising to take the place of the Goa’uld as dictators of the Milky Way. If the Asgard were to free the Milky Way from the Goa’uld, they would also be forced to artificially advance every planet to the point where they could support themselves or the galaxy would be plunged into chaos, it would require massive amounts of resources not to mention the fact that artificially advancing a race is extremely dangerous if that race is not able to handle the technology.
                Taking a page out of the Iraq situation, heh?
                "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Iraq, Africa, China, Japan, America, it ain't the first time humans have made that kind of mistake, and it certainly won't be the last. Luckily the Asgard are a lot smarter than humans.
                  Last edited by Giantevilhead; 24 September 2005, 08:39 PM.

Comment

my opinon of the asgards is that we have done enough to at least have a weapon system from them i mean come on how many times have we SAVED them. i think a energy weapon (which in disclosure thor said they were installing) would be available to us. at least one of the strength that the gouald have i mean before anubis they couldn't touch the asgard so one of those would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
                      my opinon of the asgards is that we have done enough to at least have a weapon system from them i mean come on how many times have we SAVED them. i think a energy weapon (which in disclosure thor said they were installing) would be available to us. at least one of the strength that the gouald have i mean before anubis they couldn't touch the asgard so one of those would be nice.
                      So they give us a weapon, corrupt elements of the government either get it to some NIDesque operation or into our own military, Ba'al gets it perhaps? Etc etc...

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                        Actually weve done the most for primitive races in the last 10 years than anyone. think aobut it, how many worlds have we saved/free/relocated/enlightened about falseness of gods.
                        on top of this look at the enemys we have stoped destroy the galaxy and the Asgard:
                        *anubis x2 - he could destroy AMS and has knowledge of thir tech and that of more advanced tech, he could of been a serious threat
                        *the replicators x 3 - unatural selection, new order, small victorie, reckoning - we have put in some major damage to the reps over the years and i highly doubt with those holes the asgard could have survived no matter what anyone says.
                        *the goauld - various + all of the SL's - need i say anything, if the bluff was called the asgard would be screwed, or at least any PP would be.#

so if we wiegh this up, weve saved the asgard 5 times and they havenever fired a shot for us, sure they gave us, shields, hyperdrives, beaming tech, scanners and laser batterie weapons but should we of gotten more, or at least recognition of it by them.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

I said that the Asgard have done more for primitive races than any other advanced races, earth is not advanced. Plus we've rarely seen the effects of SG1's meddling, the ones we did see were pretty bad, the people of Cimmeria were being slaughtered by Heru'ur, the people from that planet in the episode with SG1's doubles got enslaved by Cronus, and the people on the planet from "Icon" nuked themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
                            So they give us a weapon, corrupt elements of the government either get it to some NIDesque operation or into our own military, Ba'al gets it perhaps? Etc etc...
                            Exactly giving weapons to earth means giving weapons to Kinsey and his ilk. The Asgard may trust the SGC but they know better than to believe that the entire government is as benevolent. Remember how Thor had to step in during "Dissclosure" - actually he probably got in alot of trouble back for that one - interfering in Earths internal affairs and all that
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                              Exactly giving weapons to earth means giving weapons to Kinsey and his ilk. The Asgard may trust the SGC but they know better than to believe that the entire government is as benevolent. Remember how Thor had to step in during "Dissclosure" - actually he probably got in alot of trouble back for that one - interfering in Earths internal affairs and all that
                              They have already stated why advanced races don't share tech. with so called primative races. (not that we are primitive, but you get the point) Although the Asgard has advanced are battleship with hyperdrive engines, shielding and beaming tech. so what's the point?
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                              X