Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ethon ( posible spoiler but mostly speculations).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethon ( posible spoiler but mostly speculations).

Okay, here is my ideas for the episode entitled "ethon". Ethon as we know, is the eagle who came every day to eat Prometheus' liver.Prometheus being the name of one of Earth's battleship we all think that there will be some kind of problem with the Prometheus. I beleive that the people in charge of that board that cut the stargate budget by 70% will decide that now that we have the Deadalus class ship, the Prometheus is obsolete and will be decomitioned. What do you think.

Originally posted by michael
    Okay, here is my ideas for the episode entitled "ethon". Ethon as we know, is the eagle who came every day to eat Prometheus' liver.Prometheus being the name of one of Earth's battleship we all think that there will be some kind of problem with the Prometheus. I beleive that the people in charge of that board that cut the stargate budget by 70% will decide that now that we have the Deadalus class ship, the Prometheus is obsolete and will be decomitioned. What do you think.
    Ethon should be an sequel to S8 episode Icon.

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by michael
      the Prometheus is obsolete and will be decomitioned. What do you think.
      No chance
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Agreed with Qasim.

Earth is in no position to decommission ships. None at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
          Agreed with Qasim.

Earth is in no position to decommission ships. None at all.
          Unless we were able to buy ships but I dont think that is likely for a few more seasons
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Since the Daedelus is presently protecting Atlantis, and there are no other vessels to defend Earth - there is NO CHANCE the Prometheus will be decommissioned.

Even if they do get another Daedelus-class ship, I think they would have a good amount of these vessels before even thinking of decommissioning a vessel - but then again, Woolsey did think he had the situation "under control" in regards to Khalek, so it could happen.

Comment

I would hate to see the Prometheus decommissioned. It was our first real space ship, man. Luckily for me, I agree with those who've posted that Earth is in no position to decommission any ship. We may need all the help we can get, so hopefully ol' Prometheus will be around for some time to come.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I know we would not decommision Promethius. But the Odyssey is on the way. Its possible Promy will be attacked by something, as Ethon was a bird eating Promethius. Otherwise in Ethon it will just be a Promethius ep where the ship over comes an obstacle.

Comment

Also I was just thinking, Promethius regrows his liver after the eagle Ethon is done pecking it out. Sounds like maybe we get caught in a time warp where Promethius is destroyed over and over again. Although this has been done many times in Sci-fi.

Comment

Prommie will definently not be decomissioned any time soon, since thats why they want to cut SGC budget anyways, for more ships.

Ethon should be pretty interesting can't wait.
                    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Well, I've said this before on another thread on this subject..but I guess I'll say it again....

The mythological figure of Ethon can be taken as a representation of terrible suffering leading from an innocent or well intentioned decision/action. Seeing as "Ethon" is supposed to be a follow up to Icon, I rather expect that the use of this term reflects guilt that the SGC/Daniel?SG-1 may feel for their role in the events of that episode...not the emminent demise of the Prometheus.

I could be wrong I guess, but based on what little we know about this episode this seems more likely to me.
                      sigpic
                      Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                      "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Meh, I recon the day the Odyssey is commisioned, the Prometheus is blown to pieces and the Odyssey is renamed the Prometheus-A and then a Klingon from the Alpha quadrant comes ad greets us, wer take him in and we find...-rambles on for the next 4/5 hours-

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

The earth fleet is in no position to Decomission anything; wit the orii about to come at us with hundreds of ancient class warships anything and everything we have is needed.
                          Ethon could be an orii ship, the ancients used roman/greek mythology why not.

the odysey is just our next ship, i hope the next one after that, an new class ( the BC 304) is called athena.
                          so no the prommie is here to stay, we will get a new ship but its not going to do mcuh good if the orii come down on us, lets hope the asgard are having better luck kicking orii ass than we are.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Ethon is the sequal to season 8's Icon. So since Ethon is the eagle that gnawed on the liver of Prometheus i think prommie gets the crap kicked out of it by the people from Icon.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by csand36
                              Ethon is the sequal to season 8's Icon. So since Ethon is the eagle that gnawed on the liver of Prometheus i think prommie gets the crap kicked out of it by the people from Icon.
                              Guess we'll all just have to wait and see.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X