This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - Boston Globe: Top 50 SciFi Shows of All Time

With many thanks to Ellen for the heads up on this article!

From the Boston Globe:

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/gallery/topscifishows/

Here's their list:

50. 'Earth - Final Conflict'
    49. 'The Wild Wild West'
    48. '3rd Rock From The Sun'
    47. 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century'
    46. 'That Was Then'
    45. 'The Greatest American Hero'
    44. 'Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman'
    43. 'Nowhere Man'
    42. 'Science Fiction Theatre'
    41. 'Futurama'
    40. 'The Thunderbirds'
    39. 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
    38. 'Batman'
    37. 'Space 1999'
    36. 'The Bionic Woman'
    35. 'Battlestar Galactica' (Original)
    34. 'The Avengers'
    33. 'Lost In Space'
    32. 'My Favorite Martian'
    31. 'Alien Nation'
    30. 'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea'
    29. 'The Six Million Dollar Man'
    28. 'Adventures of Superman'
    27. 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
    26. 'Stargate Atlantis'
    25. 'The Jetsons'
    24. 'Wonder Woman'
    23. 'Tales from the Crypt'
    22. 'Andromeda'
    21. 'Quantum Leap'
    20. 'The Hitchhiker'
    19. 'Dark Angel'
    18. 'V'
    17. 'Firefly'
    16. 'Flash Gordon'
    15. 'Logan's Run'
    14. 'Star Trek Voyager'
    13. 'The Outer Limits'
    12. 'Xena: Warrior Princess'
    11. 'Lost'
    10. 'Sliders'
    9. 'Mystery Science Theater 3000'
    8. 'Dr. Who'
    7. 'The Twilight Zone'
    6. 'Stargate SG-1'
    5. 'Babylon 5'
    4. 'The X-Files'
    3. 'Star Trek: The Next Generation'
    2. 'Battlestar Galactica' (New)
    1. 'Star Trek' (Original)

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Wow -- what happened to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine? That series was FAR superior to Star Trek: Voyager and Andromeda combined!

But great news about SG1 being in the top ten!

Number 6
    'Stargate SG-1'

'Stargate SG-1' is also part of Sci-Fi Channel's Friday night lineup. The show follows a secret miltary unit that travels across the universe via a Star Gate, a device created by ancients. A great show with a solid cast.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana
    Last edited by morjana; 10 July 2007, 10:32 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks for the info

WTF!!! Original BSG is so not better than SG1

Wheres SGA - it beats shows like Buck Rodgers and Space 1999
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

WTF, and where's FARSCAPE? It beats most of what's on that list by far! I really wonder if whoever composed the list really watches Scifi. Maybe a more little known show, but outstips so many there.

Comment

Ah, that takes me back. Now where did I put that DVD?
        sigpic

Comment

34.The Avengers ?
          I watched the original adventures of Gentleman John Steed and his assistants way back in the early 70's ...I never really classed it as Scifi,but it's on the list .

Pity not to see Farscape and Space Above And Beyond at all, or Atlantis a bit higher !
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 September 2005, 06:41 AM. Reason: typo error
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Thanks for the info

WTF!!! Original BSG is so not better than SG1

Wheres SGA - it beats shows like Buck Rodgers and Space 1999
            SG-1 is #6 and Origininal BSG is #35. So SG-1 was ranked much higher

SG-A is #26 and Space 1999 is #37 and Buck Rogers is #47. So SG-A was ranked much higher.

I agree farscape definitly should have been on this list and Avengers definitly should not have (what exactly is sci fi about that show)...

Also whats up with BSG New being ranked so high? I was happy SG-A made it in the 26 and thought it should have beat shows like Andromeda but I figured, 'well its new we got to give it a few years' but then the crpy (MHO) BSG new is sitting right up there at #2!!!! with no farscape!!!! and no DS9!!!....and Xena is #12 (again where exactly was the sci fi?).
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Atlantis at #26 and SG-1 at #6. Not Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                Atlantis at #26 and SG-1 at #6. Not Bad.
                The new BSG is #2. The list is obviously flawed.
                sigpic

Comment

The fact that undoubtably the best Trek in my mind, and one certainly better than Voyger, isn't on that list rubbishes it to me. I mean, where the hell is DS9? Especially since there are shows on there that aren't even sci-fi...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                  "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Of course. But worldwide, Stargate is more popular than Startrek, Battlestar and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio

Ah, that takes me back. Now where did I put that DVD?
                      Yep, I need to watch it myself. Though I wouldn't have categorized it as sci-fi, it's more a sitcom with a sci-fi twist...
                      For that matter, Xena (which had a bafflingly high rating) is NOT scifi. It's fantasy. Same thing with Buffy.

Star Trek TNG is far better than TOS. Perhaps the editors gave TOS the nod because it paved the way for other scifi shows? And no DS9, wtf?

I think the new BSG should get a nice high rating, but seeing as it's only two seasons in I think the #2 rating was a bit much.

Originally posted by Osiris
                      Of course. But worldwide, Stargate is more popular than Startrek, Battlestar and all.
                      Oh, I highly doubt that. BSG sure, but there's no way that stargate has the kind of fandom that star trek does. And I'll bet more people internationally can recognize star trek characters, etc than stargate ones.

Comment

I think this was posted some were else on GateWorld. And why is the new BSG #2!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Happy to see both Stargate shows on that list. Number 6 is definitely respectable for Sg-1. And while I like the new BSG show a lot, being at number 2 already is a joke if you ask me.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You guys give BSG too much heat. Its put together very well. Everything about it is great.

Time magazine had an article a couple of months ago. BSG was rated as one of the top drama's on TV. That's saying a lot coming from Time.

Comment

Wait a minute, Xena beat Firefly? Lost behind Sliders? Are you kidding me?! Who came up with this list?!

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X