This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Act of Vengeance: New SG1/BSG Crossover

Anyone remember a while back i asked for help on a "unique' way to do a BSG/SG1 crossover, but then decided i wouldn't do the story cause i suck at writing Sci-Fi fanfiction...

well the other night, i just got a good idea of how to start the story, and i've made a pretty good start

The link is here
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2591315/1/

and the premise of the story is...

10 years since the Goa'uld and replicators have been defeated. No new threat has emerged. Earth has been preparing for when the Wraith arrive (they're now on their way, but it'll take 20 years or so), but an attack occurs directly against earth by an unknown enemy, which forces the Stargate Program to go public.
    A number of new ships have been built

etc...

There's not too many familiar faces in the first 3 chapters of the story, but they'll get there. I've got to set the scene.

Leave some reviews and tell us what ya think

Thanks

Aussie

Left some comments for ya

Comment

I don't like your idea that Cylons weapons are better, since we know that the mk 9 is way much more powerful than any cylon warhead and prometheus shield is well enough to withstand a 50 megaton hit .

Comment

Yeah, doing a crossover is difficult because of the technological problems...The same problem with doing a cross over to star trek.

The earth ships have asgard beaming, so the Cylons come, they just beam nukes into their basestars, end of story. I don't see anything sustaining a multi-gigaton detonation even from the outside at close range, let alone on the inside.

But you know, good luck...
        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
          Yeah, doing a crossover is difficult because of the technological problems...The same problem with doing a cross over to star trek.

The earth ships have asgard beaming, so the Cylons come, they just beam nukes into their basestars, end of story. I don't see anything sustaining a multi-gigaton detonation even from the outside at close range, let alone on the inside.

But you know, good luck...
          A realtively small nuke (probably a multi-kiloton warhead) blew a basestar apart. The multi-gigaton Mark XIII wouldn't leave any two molecules attached together.

a time to mourn

Comment

Exactly. And if the Asgard still let them beam the nukes into the enemy ships...no contest.
            The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

I think the tech level of the SG1 show skyrocketing the way it has is part of why I don't enjoy the show so much as I once did. :-/

I won't get into the technical anomalies/errors because they really aren't relevent to me, but overall it isn't a bad story so far (I'm in ch. 5 - I read slow).

Comment

The stated goal of the Stargate program was to retrieve technologies that could be used in the defense of earth. After season 3-4, not much have been accomplished in that regard...they had to start making progress sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                X