Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler Policy for non-Stargate Shows

Spoiler Policy for non-Stargate shows with their own folders at GateWorld

If it's the current season, it needs spoiler warnings. Previous seasons (once the new season starts) don't.

In the individual Episode threads, do not spoil any subsequent episodes. (If there are dots to be joined, please do it in the later thread).

Be careful with titles. Even when an event is from a previous season there will be people who haven't seen it and don't want to know.
    A thread titled: "I was sad Sawyer got eaten by martian spiders" = bad.
    One called "Sawyer's mishap with the spiders in s3" = good.

.... and in case anyone doesn't know, the way to do spoiler tags is [spoil] and [/spoil]

So, write:

Spoilers for The Doctor Dances [spoil]Captain Jack uses the transthingumy[/spoil]

and it will come up as:

Spoilers for The Doctor Dances
    Spoiler:
    Captain Jack uses the transthingumy
    Last edited by Madeleine; 05 October 2005, 08:00 PM.

Madeleine

sawyer gets eaten by martian spiders!!!! gee thanks Madeline! you ruined it for me!!!

Comment

Damn spiders. I KNEW they couldn't be trusted!

Is it also worth re-emphasizing YET AGAIN what constitutes spoilers for Stargate itself? I've seen a couple of threads discussing major plot points in the subject line. Like, "Now that Caldwell's in command of Atlantis..." or "With Prommie destroyed, what's the flagship?" or "Now that we're allies with the Wraith..."

I mean, seriously, people, at least PRETEND you know how to think before you post stuff like that.

...and if any of those ever really come to pass, I'm gonna get flamed for spoiling folks. Ah, the irony.

Comment

thanks for letting me know about this, Madeleine
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          "Now that we're allies with the Wraith..."

...and if any of those ever really come to pass, I'm gonna get flamed for spoiling folks. Ah, the irony.
          lol that HAS to be what 'Allies' is about!

Comment

Aw what? I have to spoiler Dr Who as well? I can't even get the hang of spoilering Stargate. Good thing I spoiled that bit I wrote about BW then. Hmm, so if the thread is just full of white space that is O.K? O.K then.

Comment

*Passes over a sonic screwdriver to fix those pesky spoiler tags *

Better to over-tag and leave all those poor little smilicons hanging in white space,than to get chewed over by irate folk who want to stay spoiler-free.Imo,as ever.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I would give you green, buts its broken better give me some green to see if your works!

Comment

I am soooo glad that somebody has finally addressed this problem. The other day, I was browsing one of the threads and this massive spoiler slapped me in the face. Needless to say I was a little ticked off that somebody had been so reckless. Anyways there's no use in talking about spilt milk, or ruined episodes for that matter
                  Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                  ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                  <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Is there any chance of asking people to say what seasons they spoil (or expect to spoil) in the thread title? I see that being done for SG-1, and I really appreciate it. But for non-Stargate shows there are a few out there that are referring to ambiguous (or ongoing) events, and I've been spoiled a couple of times already. I realize I could just not click on them, but I'd rather know which threads I can and can't post in than stick to one or two and miss some good discussion in the ones I avoid (and turn out to be perfectly safe).

Just my thoughts as an utter spoilerphobe.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                      Aw what? I have to spoiler Dr Who as well? I can't even get the hang of spoilering Stargate. Good thing I spoiled that bit I wrote about BW then. Hmm, so if the thread is just full of white space that is O.K? O.K then.
                      what you mean colouring the spoiler white? no, cause when somebody clicks the quote button (example)
                      Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                      what you mean colouring the spoiler white?
                      everyone sees it, thus defeating the purpose of colouring it white

Comment

I assumed Drwho'srose was talking about using the GW "Spoiler tags" .(See Madeleine's post for demo,anyone who doesn't know about those already. )

Thanks for that warning to others about white type !

I'll add this :
                        Not only does white type show up in quotes,but with a dimmed monitor screen,sometimes spoilers show up anyway in normal posts.

(Not being a delberate nit-picker,but I dim my screen to cut down glare as I need to use my comp a lot for work and play..and I'm prone to migraines !)
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                          I'll add this :
                          Not only does white type show up in quotes,but with a dimmed monitor screen,sometimes spoilers show up anyway in normal posts.

(Not being a delberate nit-picker,but I dim my screen to cut down glare as I need to use my comp a lot for work and play..and I'm prone to migraines !)
                          i dont dim my mintor, but i could still read someones post that was coloured whte

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                            what you mean colouring the spoiler white? no, cause when somebody clicks the quote button (example)

everyone sees it, thus defeating the purpose of colouring it white
                            No that was not what I meant, I meant I fine it hard sometimes to disdinquish between what is and is not a spoiler, nothing to do with the tags at all. I am quite capable of using them.

I am bumping this thread because as many in the UK will know Dr Who screened a new episode on the weekend and I think people should be aware that not everyone who is a Dr Who fan has been able to see it and therefore you need to use spoiler tags when posting.

I and many others will greatly appreciate it thank you.

I am also going to start *if no-one has already* a thread in the Dr Who forum for people to post spoilers about this episode and the Series to come to make life a little easier for us all.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Damn spiders. I KNEW they couldn't be trusted!

Is it also worth re-emphasizing YET AGAIN what constitutes spoilers for Stargate itself? I've seen a couple of threads discussing major plot points in the subject line. Like, "Now that Caldwell's in command of Atlantis..." or "With Prommie destroyed, what's the flagship?" or "Now that we're allies with the Wraith..."

I mean, seriously, people, at least PRETEND you know how to think before you post stuff like that.

uh oh ... (real spoiler)
                              Spoiler:
                              what with the Prommie destroyed in Ethon
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
                              X