Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My crazy Plot Theory

Here goes:

The big computer is part of a long term experiment in quantum mechanics. They're messing with probabilities. This explains the number of improbable occurences.

I think Desmond is not only running the system, but an integral part of it. I think he's either unusually lucky (like Walt), or psychic to some degree (like Walt may be).

The others want Walt to run the machine themselves to their own end.

I suspect there may be other hatches, or entrances.

Comments?

I'm wondering the Desmond is possibly the souce of the luck from the numbers. SO instead of him having the luck, he passes it on to others. This would explain how Jack's patient/x-wife was healed.

So many questions...
    sigpic

Comment

That would mean they all have a connection to Desmond somehow... Hurley got the numbers from the dude in the mental institution though, not from Des... though I guess the mental dude could have met Des and passed the 'infection' along...

Comment

True, maybe the others have met Desmond and we don't know it yet. Maybe Desmond in one of "the others" and they all can pass on this luck...although it doesn;t seem that everyone had a miracle happen.
        sigpic

Comment

Personnaly, I think JJ Abrahms had no idea where he was going with the story, and he was just comign up with crazy stuff. Now he has to actually explain the craziness...but thats just me.
          "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

If you have watched the special features on the DVD set you might think that he did have a plan. They say on the DVD set that within a few weeks they had the general idea for the direction of the show through five or more seasons.
            sigpic

Comment

JJ & co have always said they know where the show is going. I expect they have a good idea of all of the big concepts, but the details I should think they are making up as they go along as well as how events unfold to reveal those big concepts...

Comment

I´ve got an even more crazy theory.

Desmond is really a super villain turned reality tv programmer who has come up with the idea of survivor extreme. He systematically targets out interesting people and controls all things in their lives in order to maneuver them into boarding that plane. Then he crashes it and films the survivors. To make things even more interesting he had´s in the mysterious others.

So Lost is really just one big cautionary tale of how reality tv is getting out of hand and most be stopped!

Comment

Wow thats a great theory I guess that we will have to wait whose theory is crazier, yours or Toonces! I wish that I could come up with a theory as cool as your theories

Will the producers hurry up already and start throwing us a line
                  Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                  ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                  <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                    I´ve got an even more crazy theory.

Desmond is really a super villain turned reality tv programmer who has come up with the idea of survivor extreme. He systematically targets out interesting people and controls all things in their lives in order to maneuver them into boarding that plane. Then he crashes it and films the survivors. To make things even more interesting he had´s in the mysterious others.

So Lost is really just one big cautionary tale of how reality tv is getting out of hand and most be stopped!
                    Funny you should say that. My family and I were sitting around talking about possible plits this weekend, and my Mom thinks it's just like "Truman", the movie with Jim Carey. I thought no way; The FCC wouldn't allow actual deaths and murder on an unsuspecting reality show cast.

I thought it could be more "Matrix" or "Vanilla Sky" where everyone is connected to a VR enviorment. That could be an explanation for all the "odd" occurances; i.e. repeated use of "the numbers", the polar bear, supernatural things, etc...

Comment

Well, it is a super villain who is doing this so maybe he´s not acting rationally but is convinced that if he makes it the tv stations will come

Plus perhaps it´s ment for the Mexican market

It all makes sense, when he meet Jack he said he was going on a race around the world. This means that he had come up with the idea for "The amazing race" but it was stolen from him. This drove him over the edge and he´s determined to come up with the greatest reality show ever, one where anything can happen .

Comment

ahh if i think that way in the realms of paranoia then the entire world could be a fake,
                        i mean think about it we see all over the world via he telivision and internet from our homes with all the things going on in it and select people are real people unaware of the fact and others who do untold things and run the country are fake actors to steer the show in the way the veiwers want it to go.

we have a population of millions in this island faked to look like normal planet earth we get things told to us and see things that may be real or not and its a continues show thats been running for over 60 years that gets bigger and better, or we are in the fuure sort of like the satilite 5 station out of doctor who wehere each level is a holodeck of each are of planet earth but events that happen were real 200 years ago but humans in this century re-play them on us to make alteration on them to see how each outcome happens every time, it could have been running over and over hence the feeling of deja'vue we get about things we see and hear, we have already done it to death almost.

ohhhh...freaky....
                        im not a beliver of that so to put minds at rest although not beyond the realms of possibility such a masqurade is too big and too much of a securty risk to be happaneing on such a big sacle but its worth a though but not too much as it will have you worrying and confused and paranoid of everything and everybody.

just a thought though?
                        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Working...
                        X