This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith weapons. (Caution spiolers.)

Ok sorry if this question was asked already. If you wish to be spioler free please leave. This thread is so spoiler riteled I would have to spioler the entire thing. I have given fare warning.

I have noticed that there are three wraith weapons so far. Stun guns, Hand guns, and The new tree pointed guns from lost boys. Why are the three pointed guns (now refured to as pointed guns) so different from the stun gun? Here are the dscription of all wraith guns I know about currently. I think the differences in these weapons must have to do with the wraith factions we are now finding out about in Lost boys. if you guys like my theory tell me or if you have something to add or subtract.

Stun Gun- This is the first Alien weapon seen in Atlantis. is long with microphone end that send out stun blast. and a sharp end that goes under the arm. This is currently most commanly seen gun. Looks organic.

Hand stun gun- second wraith gun seen in Atlantis. Looks alot like stun gun but for hand.is small and looks like slitely weaker stun blast. looks organic liuke stun gun.

Three pointed stun gun- This is new starting in lost boys and most likely The Hive. Looks somewhat like a weapon in Sg1 but not exactly. Is still a stun gun but does not look organic like all other wraith tech so far that I remember.

Thank you for your time and any comment you give me. And again if this has already been posted please tell me and I will take it away.

I'm beginning to think that some Wraith weapons may not be "organic looking." After all, a gun doesn't have to look like a gun to achieve the same means. Though seemingly out of place, the "pointed gun" may be a technology assimilated by the Wraith from another race.

Comment

Pointed Gun? I kinda think the first stun gun is alittle unwieldy looking. While the Handgun looks much easier to use. But what do i know! Didn't notice this three pointed gun you speak of.

Comment

the new guns are the same ones use in SG-1's "New Ground" and its likely they were introduced because they needed fords men to be armed with some kind of alien weapon they had taken and the wraith stunners are to big and unweildly to be taken seriously as everyday weapons for humans, so they showed the wraith using these out of no where to justify where fords men got them.

Comment

can we have some screen caps of this new weapon?

Comment

The screencaps for lost boys are not out as of yet so I can't give you anything yet. but I agree that they look like the weapons from the stargate episode 'New Ground'.

Comment

oh rite i remember those like staff weapons

Comment

The different weapons might have something to do with that remark earlier in the episode that the Wraith weren't a "united foe". Different sects may use slightly different sorts of weapons.

Not that the look of the weapon seems to make any real difference. It seems to have the same function and effectiveness as the Wraith stunner weapons we've seen so far.

Comment

You mean the staff weapon like thing?

Comment

Sounds like to me the writers took a page out of Star Trek. Make a new powerful race. Then when you run out of ways to keep them from winning make them weak. Next we will be told that they are more like the Gaould Empire on how it is fractionized. And lastly may even find some factions that might actually help Atlantis, providing if it gives them more power in the Wraith Empire.

Good or bad its a way to keep the series running.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tarrifist
                      Sounds like to me the writers took a page out of Star Trek. Make a new powerful race. Then when you run out of ways to keep them from winning make them weak. Next we will be told that they are more like the Gaould Empire on how it is fractionized. And lastly may even find some factions that might actually help Atlantis, providing if it gives them more power in the Wraith Empire.

well look at the united states when we are under attack we ban togeather to achieve a common goal but as soon as it is achieved we go back to complaining and divisions. so in that way i think that u can say that it is possible the wraith are the same. they banned togeather to take over the galaxy but with out a common threat to get them focused on togeatherness it only makes sense that there would be a power struggle or at least some idealogical differences

Comment

Originally posted by Tarrifist

As far as we know, though, all Wraith require humans to feed upon in order to sustain themselves. While perhaps a faction might temporarily align themselves with Atlantis, it would be a very shaky alliance at best.

The Goa'uld, on the other hand, just liked eliminated threats and subjugating races for the power and the hell of it. It wasn't a survival-type need or anything.

Comment

I don't see the Wraith making any alliance with Atlantis because I doubt Atlantis would take any deal. But I guess if the powers that be deciede to do that I will want a good reason why they will make that alliance. I agree that I think that the new weapons has to do with the fractureing of the Wraith Empire.

Comment

Working...
                          X