This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collections of Who

Out of curiosity, how much Who do most people here own? I'm mostly refering to the original series but if you have books or something that's cool too.

So...I suppose I should mention how much I have. Just to prove I'm obsessed: I have over 130 stories of the original series. This includes every story from Third through Seventh Doctor. Think I'm crazy yet?

Well, your turn...how much have you seen?
    "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

I've seen every extant episode of the classic series, but nothing of the new series (but I'm quite impatient to see them).

I taped most of the extant episodes years ago. I bought all the region 1 DVDs and a few VHS tapes. I purchased almost all the Target novels, most of the New Adventures and Missing Adventures, many of the Peter Haining & David Howe non-fiction books, various continuity guides, and the American comic books. Also, I own a copy FASA's Doctor Who Role-Playing Game and the Time Lord Role-Playing Game.

I have been working on a role-playing system for 11 years now (not exclusively, mind you), using the Doctor Who universe as a model for its structural development. In other words, the rules have to be simple enough to keep the game moving, but versatile enough to accomodate everything in Doctor Who. It's a challenge, but I won't be satisfied until its perfected.

Do you think I'm crazy yet?

Comment

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Always good to meet another Doctor Who fan.

Comment

about 16 DVDs one more on the way, and a few books
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Got Rememberance of the Daleks and The Five Doctors on DVD and taped the new series off the TV

Comment

Some and a sonic screwdriver and a TARDIS money box both of which I bought this week. I could spend hours pretending to unlock things with it.

Comment

Have rememberance of the Daleks on dvd and alot of odd bbc video tapes from the eras of PD,SM,CB and TB. Have shedloads of books and the big finish audio cds too. I just adore Dr who and I think it's something I will always be addicted to in some way or another. I love the books though because I can continue to get more adventures from the doctors I love (ie SM,PD and CE)

Comment

I have The Trial of the TImelords boxset on video in special edition tardis tin. I have many other episodes recorded from around PD era and SM era aswell.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Used to have heaps of eps taped from the tele, but many got taped over. Am recording every episode currently while ABC shows the whole thirty odd years from beginning to end. Have Shada on video.

Own most of the Target novels, some of the non-fictions. A whole stack of Doctor Who Magazines and Data Extracts (the Doctor Who Club of Australia's newsletter). Ummmm... a Dapol Cyberman... a photo of me sitting in Bessie (and in a Dalek too) from Llangollen... what else? Oh yeah, the TimeLord roleplaying game. I have that too.

Oh yeah, my computer's alert sound is the Brigadier saying "You've been mucking around with that infernal machine of yours again haven't you?"

Do I get to be in the crazy club?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber
                    Do I get to be in the crazy club?
                    Yes, but we'll just start you off at the "deeply disturbed" level until you eventually earn "stark-raving mad" status.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                      Yes, but we'll just start you off at the "deeply disturbed" level until you eventually earn "stark-raving mad" status.
                      I suppose that would involve extreme quantities of knitted wool (in a very long, narrow rectangular shape, worn as an item of clothing), a dazzling array of hats, a strange blue box in the back yard, and a habit of writing Planet Terra, Star System Sol on forms when it asks for home address. Hmm....1 down, 3 to go...

Comment

I've about a dozen dvd's, and lots of VHS tapes. Today the postman finally delivered my sonic screwdrivers. Shame is they're for the kids Christmas, and it's the kind of packaging you can't get into easily...grr, I only want a little play with them.

Comment

I have many, many VHS tapes. I place the blame for this squarely on my husband's head. He's been watching Doctor Who since he was a little boy. He has a number of episodes that he's taped off the air and a lot of VHS tapes that he's bought over the years. I did not grow up watching Doctor Who, but since he got me hooked, I've happily taken advantage of his stash.

We are slowly converting to DVD. So far we have the Key to Time boxset, and, uhhh... the Key to Time boxset. Mainly because those episodes are among my favorites.

BTW, my husband does indeed have a dazzling array of hats and a scarf of truly excessive length (which I knitted for him). I liked his scarf so much that I kept borrowing it until he finally made me knit my own.

So, do we qualify for the crazy club?
                          I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by CatGoddess
                            So, do we qualify for the crazy club?
                            I think you qualify just for posting! Love the scarfs, that's awesome! My mom made me a long one too.

By the way, you can blame my parents for getting me obssessed with WHO. They had almost everything from Key to Time and onward recorded. Saw my first episode when I was ten, been hooked ever since! Still working on gettind a full collection....only four more to go!
                            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Wow hooked at ten? I was a much earlier starter as my parents and grandparents hooked me at 3 watching the Doctor who movies with Peter Cushing and followed by my dad getting the trial of the timelord video boxset (now mine )
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                              X